Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So many nightmares

My poor toddler is having like 3 nightmares every night. Is the night-light meant to stop these from happening, or is the night-light only for the monsters under kids' beds?

Is there anyway to at least decrease the amount of nightmares or no?

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Does it influence dreams? I just thought it stops the Monster
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Does it influence dreams? I just thought it stops the Monster

Yeah im not sure if it helps with both or monsters only.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello
    Does your toddler have the charmer trait? Another simmer found that the toddler that had this trait was having nightmares.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    The night light hasn't helped my toddlers. I hope a mod comes out soon. Not to get rid of the nightmares all together (I like that they get woken up with a nightmare and go wake up parents and siblings) but the sheer number of nightmares my toddlers are having is a wee bit too much.

Ideally, instead of a mod, I'd like them to tweak it a bit but I'll be happy with a mod.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Mine will go multiple nights with no nightmares, but then on nights where they do happen it always seems to happen twice. This toddler has the clingy trait so I don't know if it's trait related.

I think leveling up the thinking skill stops this. When mine got to level 3 I think the pop up said the toddler would be able to sleep better through the night. It's odd that it happens multiple times in one night though...
  • notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Does your toddler have the charmer trait? Another simmer found that the toddler that had this trait was having nightmares.

Nope, she has the fussy trait.. maybe you are right though, certain traits may be more prone to nightmares!
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    The night light hasn't helped my toddlers. I hope a mod comes out soon. Not to get rid of the nightmares all together (I like that they get woken up with a nightmare and go wake up parents and siblings) but the sheer number of nightmares my toddlers are having is a wee bit too much.

Ideally, instead of a mod, I'd like them to tweak it a bit but I'll be happy with a mod.

Yeah hopefully they tweak it a little at least! Nightmares are reistic but maybe not so much.. maybe they could be more common if the child is in a negative mood at bedtime or something and it could also depend on traits! And the night light could decrease the chance that it could happen? Idk! It would be nice!!
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Mine will go multiple nights with no nightmares, but then on nights where they do happen it always seems to happen twice. This toddler has the clingy trait so I don't know if it's trait related.

I think leveling up the thinking skill stops this. When mine got to level 3 I think the pop up said the toddler would be able to sleep better through the night. It's odd that it happens multiple times in one night though...

That's awesome! Mine is all level 2 & 3 and I havent seen that pop up yet, but that is really cool!!

Also, i am not sure if this is related or not, but I find that my toddler so far has only had nightmares on nights when I dont read her a bedtime story, but whenever I do she sleeps through the night. Could be a coincidence though.

Thanks guys!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Yeah hopefully they tweak it a little at least! Nightmares are reistic but maybe not so much.. maybe they could be more common if the child is in a negative mood at bedtime or something and it could also depend on traits! And the night light could decrease the chance that it could happen? Idk! It would be nice!!

Yeah, it really would. :) One of my toddlers woke up three times last night over nightmares. Needless to say, it's afternoon and she's still asleep. I'm big on schedules (IRL and in my sims game) and these constant nightmares are killing my scheduling.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    I have noticed that when I read the toddlers to sleep they don't have nightmares, but when I don't, they always.
    My chaotic simblr
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    It's so sad to know that my toddler Sim is having nightmares, maybe I'll get the parent to read her a story and see if this helps her :(
  • AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    worse thing is when they are trying to wake up parents or their older brothers and sister who need to get up early and go to school or work, especially hard when you teens working.
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    The higher your toddlers Thinking skill the less nightmares they will have, so skill that up asap and the nightmares will stop.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • CookinCookieCookinCookie Posts: 144 Member
    I have my toddlers listen to the lullaby station before bed, then they don't have nightmares.
  • katiekat89katiekat89 Posts: 20 New Member
    I see less nightmares with my toddlers when I have someone read them a story before bed.
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    yes every night and not just toddlers
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    So far I have only had nightmares when I didn't read my toddler to sleep.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    And why is there no "Comfort Toddler" interaction? Isn't that what most of us do when kiddos have nightmares?
  • becca_xobecca_xo Posts: 149 Member
    edited January 2017
    @innaminnit there is a comfort option! It's under the friendly interactions :)
  • snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    My toddlers have had nightmares here and there, but I noticed while watching The Sim Supply's "7 Toddler Challenge" on YouTube that, after taking suggestions that the nightlights, monster-on-the-door-and-the-wall, and lullabies, that it seemed to make the nightmares worse. I don't have experience with this personally, however, just the few occasional ones from the two toddlers I've had.
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Yeah the nightlight is strictly for the monster under the bed, doesn't do anything for the nightmares. It's leveling up the thinking skill that makes them go away.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited January 2017
    I had a lot of nightmares as a toddler too. My parents told me one day that I once woke them up in the middle of the night because I thought my care bear was attacking me.

But anyways. Like previously said, a higher thinking skill will reduce nightmares. And I have noticed that reading them to bed prevents them too.
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I had a lot of nightmares as a toddler too. My parents told me one day that I once woke them up in the middle of the night because I thought my care bear was attacking me.

But anyways. Like previously said, a higher thinking skill will reduce nightmares. And I have noticed that reading them to bed prevents them too.

Thats interesting and may be why my toddlers never seem to have them. I always read them to sleep and often work on the thinking skill first.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    my first toddler had alot of nightmares, and I started reading for him and that sort of worked sometimes, he had the clingy trait.

my second toddler didn't have any nightmares I think, maybe one, but I mostly read for him.

my third one haven't had any yet.

but as people keep saying, the thinking skill will prevent nightmares if you lvl it up.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    My angelic toddler with maxed skills used to get nightmares vert often
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I just played a toddler with the charmer trait and he was having a ridiculous amount of nightmares at first (I mean 4 to 5 throughout the night). As soon he leveled up his thinking skill the nightmares all but went away :)
  • flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    Don't the toddler doors prevent nightmares?