Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats and Dogs are coming to the Sims 4!!!

They are mentioned in the tuning files since the todder update!

<L n="SIM_DEFINITIONS">
<U>
<E n="key">CAT</E>
<T n="value">101916</T>
</U>
<U>
<E n="key">DOG</E>
<T n="value">101915</T>
</U>
<U>
<E n="key">HUMAN</E>
<T n="value">794</T>
</U>
</L>

tuning ressource is sims.sim_info, just if someone wants to verify.
Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    edited January 2017
    Just to clarify, the sim definition "human" (which is used for vampires) has been in the game since last fall, so Pets are likely to be released either as the next Game Pack or as the next Expansion Pack.

I´m a bit sad now because it seems we will not be getting horses. :( Hope they just spare thosefor a separate farm themed pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Just to clarify, the sim definition "human" (which is used for vampires) has been in the game since last fall, so Pets are likely to be released either as the next Game Pack or as the next Expansion Pack.

I´m a bit sad now because it seems we will not be getting horses. :( Hope they just spare thosefor a separate farm themed pack.

Apparently there is another bit of code that has horses in it.
    http://simscommunity.info/2017/01/12/the-sims-4-code-found-for-pets-expansion-pack/
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Thats nice. Im sure it will be great if it is pets next.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Oh, so happy and excited about it! It'd be great if they are the theme of the next EP that will be released. The feelings!!!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2017
    I wonder how many variation of breeds we're going to get if it's just cats and dogs

I hope we can play as "stray" cats and dogs too.
    meaning after we create a sim animal, we can hi-jack a lot and live there. because cats and dogs can survive without humans, so I think that should be an option.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Hoping Pets EP comes early summer! <3
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    They're kinda boring though. I'd rather have farm animals than just pets (cats, dogs, hamsters)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No horses? :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Shouldn't this be in the speculation and rumour board?

Even tho it looks promising with the code string, I'll like to remind people that nothing is official if it hasn't been confirmed by a Guru. Tho to be honest I'll love them forever if they came out and said which is the next expansion pack, even if we first get it in a year.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    Simpkin wrote: »
    They're kinda boring though. I'd rather have farm animals than just pets (cats, dogs, hamsters)

Farm sounds fun, but my former couches (RIP) would emphatically debate with you on whether common house pets likes dogs were 'boring' :bawling:

I love when in TS2 dogs tear up the furniture, because it's so true! I hope TS4 pets emulate the quirks that make our real pets so loveable and exasperating!
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    But are we going to get catdogs?

CatDog.jpeg
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I said not too long ago in another thread that I didn't expect Pets to be coming any time soon... But with all of this now, I'm wondering if it'll be the next EP or GP (after vampires).
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    I REALLY hope they have farm and zoo animals. I would love to have camels and elephants and llamas too!!! We have never had llamas in the game and considering llamas are the signature animal, we really need to have a llama zoo! And that's an insult that your mama looks like a llama. It would be funny to go to the zoo and say to your enemy sim they they took a pic of their mama at the zoo and show them a llama instead!!!
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

Farm sounds fun, but my former couches (RIP) would emphatically debate with you on whether common house pets likes dogs were 'boring' :bawling:

I love when in TS2 dogs tear up the furniture, because it's so true! I hope TS4 pets emulate the quirks that make our real pets so loveable and exasperating!

I wouldn't mind the pet pack but it's not my top priority. They were boring for me. In Sims 3 I only had a cat I think and I was done with pets. Plus they looked super ugly in Sism 3. Sims 2 was fine.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited January 2017
    They better include horses even if it's just a special stable lot where you can ride. As long as you can own your and customize your own horse I don't mind if they sleep on a different lot.

How cute would it be for the kids to take pony riding lessons.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

I think they could be there for late spring
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I'd love farm animals, too! We already had cats and dogs in both TS2 and TS3. They were well done and quite detailed, but to be honest I hardly played with any of those specific races. I'd be more than happy if we could choose between just say 10 dogs and 10 cats, if that would open up for cows, sheep, pigs and hens in addition (2-3 color variations) :)

The wild roaming horses and deers in TS3 were cute, but would need to be switched on/off in each world/game. In the long run they became just as annoying as the paparazzi.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

My guess is autumn...
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Yeah, i think its a given either Seasons or Pets are coming soon to Thesims4
    jr73Y.gif

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

My guess is autumn...

But maybe they could be in the next quarterly teaser... I honestly can't handle the one EP a year problem. I was hoping that maybe with toddlers this would change too
    21mbz47.jpg
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    doubtful that it's in any files.
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »

What do you mean? :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »

Except it is? Multiple places are quoting the code.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.