Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    @Gilplum Sure!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @CathyTea

I finally got the screenshots I needed, and am now beginning to write Mel's fourth letter.

In the meantime, here's a couple of pictures that happened while I was taking screenshots. I ended up needing to do a retake as a result:
    d4hGfRm.jpg
    FAvXkNq.jpg

Word of advice for TS3 players with SN: Don't eat the Brain Freeze A la Mode (there's a chance it can turn your Sim into a zombie)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @rednenemon LOL! That's.... SO something! :D
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @AudreyFld Here is Norm's reply to Newt! Norman - Newt 6

(I had a whole lot of fun writing this one! :) )

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

this so weird no not hat your writing. but i was just thinking i haven't seen you all day.

this so weird no not hat your writing. but i was just thinking i haven't seen you all day.

Here I am! I've been busy today! We're wrapping up this new course we've been developing, so I had my nose buried in HTML and notes!

How're you?

Here I am! I've been busy today! We're wrapping up this new course we've been developing, so I had my nose buried in HTML and notes!

How're you?

oh that reminds me whats html? i know i can look it up but reading and understanding are too differnt things.

How're you?

oh that reminds me whats html? i know i can look it up but reading and understanding are too differnt things.

It's like BBCode only used for web pages.

How're you?

i'm great. but i wish i could work from home tomorrow. but its a restraunt so that could be messy.
  • GilplumGilplum Posts: 36 Member
    Gplums blog
    "ever had a Plum?" "There is NO need for such language!"
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member

I loved this one...He was just what Ira needed and worth the wait. Let's see how Newt feels about it all.
    @sweetnightingale I finally finally finally got Emily's second letter to Gentian done! It's right here. I hope you enjoy! :)
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited April 2017
    c08-p01dark_zpsizvkwnxf.jpg

The Night Garden does nothing so passive as watch.

Anya's next letter to Seth, Corona of Teeth, is up!

@MedleyMisty I severely underestimated the miniscule differences between Live Journal and Dreamwidth.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]

@MedleyMisty I severely underestimated the miniscule differences between Live Journal and Dreamwidth.

is it weid i think the picture is both creepy and cool?
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

is it weid i think the picture is both creepy and cool?

That was the hope!
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    Hi, all! Just did the weekly update of the Pen Pal Project site--please let me know if I missed anything, and loads of thanks to those who updated the links to the letters their Sims sent! :)

In my weekly update post, I posed some questions for readers. I was thinking maybe we could talk about these questions here, too.

In your experience as a reader of these letters...

Do the letters tell a story?
    Do you get to know the characters?
    If the letters are written by Sims in an ongoing story, what do the letters contribute to the overall story?
    If the letters are written by Sims who aren't in ongoing stories, do you feel you get complete stories through the letters?

Hi, all! Just did the weekly update of the Pen Pal Project site--please let me know if I missed anything, and loads of thanks to those who updated the links to the letters their Sims sent! :)

In my weekly update post, I posed some questions for readers. I was thinking maybe we could talk about these questions here, too.

In your experience as a reader of these letters...

If the letters are written by Sims in an ongoing story, what do the letters contribute to the overall story?
    If the letters are written by Sims who aren't in ongoing stories, do you feel you get complete stories through the letters?

ayden ages when i blink but i hope now thathes ya i get a chance to know more about the chraters.
    The letters definitely tell stories. Some are more plotty and others are more focused on character development and the people living their lives. It's so cool to see these people develop and learn new things about themselves through their letters and the events that happen sort of off-screen. I also love how many of the letters become intertwined and form a bigger story.

Definitely. Some reveal more about themselves, some less, but they all give plenty of insight into themselves and their lives. And in most cases the pics teach me things that the characters themselves don't mention in the letters.

I love how the letters give more insight into some characters who may have either been left to the background or who - despite having a big role - don't have their point of view explored that much. Also for those stories I haven't read, these letters give hints about the storyline and characters make me want to read the stories.

Yeah, I do. I think the letters tell enough for me to get a coherent picture, while also leaving out stuff so that the letters feel like letters, a tale from just one person's perspective.
    My Sims stories:
    edited May 2017
    @CathyTea I have a new letter to Norman from Newt! Newt to Norman - 6
    AudreyFld wrote: »

What an amazing letter , @AudreyFld . I stayed up late researching after reading it!

What an amazing letter , @AudreyFld . I stayed up late researching after reading it!

Oh no! I didn't mean to make you lose sleep over it. Shoulda waited until this morning to post it! :#

Oh no! I didn't mean to make you lose sleep over it. Shoulda waited until this morning to post it! :#

No, I didn't lose sleep! I went to bed at my late time , not early time! And if you'd waited , I wouldn't have had time to process , so I'd be distracted all day! It was perfect . :)