Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    I love this idea. I wont be entering a penpal but i'll be checking in to see how our penpals get on
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited January 2017
    @mastressalita - I think Lenora would enjoy writing to Rose. She has a couple of slots available. Otherwise, I could pull another Sim (I know you are very fond of Liam and Mathilda) to write to her. You might as well give Rose as full of a life until the very end. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    @CathyTea - Here is Liam's first letter to Jasper. I hope he enjoys it. :)

Liam's First Letter
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @RipuAncestor This girl, Giuliana Kruse, would like to be pen pals with Emily.

giuliana01.png
    Oh my! Awesome! She looks so cheerful! I'm sure they'll get along fine. If she's as happy as she looks, she can maybe balance out Emily's melancholy and maybe even help brighten her occasional deeply depressed phases.

Also @sweetnightingale I'm sure Emily would be really happy to write to Lenora or Liam too, if either of them wants to write her back. Emily is very interested in magical things, and considering who her best friend (whom she calls her uncle) is, she's not intimidated by talking to old, immortal people. :)

Spoilers - her "uncle" is this guy:
    S01Jxe0.jpg

doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @RipuAncestor - Both Liam and Lenora are open for pen pals, so Emily can have either one, or both, if she likes. :) It'll be nice to have a pen pal,that they can discuss magic with and who believes in it. :) Yeah, I'd say with her "Uncle" being who he is, I'd say she's used to old Immortals. :)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Next Steps:

@Xantheanmar @sweetnightingale @RipuAncestor @MedleyMisty @SeaDragonSong @mastressalita

Hiyee! I'm so happy about this project! What fun!

Here are next steps:

1) If you still have openings on your pen pal list, take a look through list of participants on the first page to see if you find someone that looks like a good match. When you do, let me know here! (Feel free to PM each other if you need to work out details or ask a few questions.)

2) Be sure to post here any profiles you write for your participating Sim so I can link to it from the participant list.

3) When (or if) you write a TOC for your letters, please post the link here, and I'll list it on our list of stories!

4) Feel free to share the project with others or to ask specific Simming friends or Reading Circle members if they'd like to partner with you.

5) Please help me keep up to date! I will be getting very busy again in a few weeks, so I will appreciate reminders when I need to make updates and corrections to any of the posts on the first page.

Have fun! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @Xantheanmar @sweetnightingale @RipuAncestor @MedleyMisty @ilovebunnys65

Hi, all! I wanted to let you know that you should be able to expect replies from my Sims within one week of when you post their letter to them.

In terms of when you reply back to my Sims, please take all the time you need! Do what works for you! I know we're all really busy sometimes, and also sometimes, other projects and activities need our attention or pull us in. So please just make this work for you, with whatever frequency and style fits you best!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited January 2017
    I was thinking that if no one else is willing to take on Seth (which I understand because I can see how he would be intimidating as a letter writing partner), I could put Sarah in the project too. But if I did that, she could only have one partner, and Seth couldn't have any more. I'm limiting myself to two partners across all characters.

It's just that it takes me a really long time to do my thing.

Speaking of which, I am about to get back to work on Seth's profile. Should have it done in a few hours, hopefully.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
    @RipuAncestor - Both Liam and Lenora are open for pen pals, so Emily can have either one, or both, if she likes. :) It'll be nice to have a pen pal,that they can discuss magic with and who believes in it. :) Yeah, I'd say with her "Uncle" being who he is, I'd say she's used to old Immortals. :)
    @sweetnightingale If you don't mind reading and responding to Emily as both people, then I'm fine with both of them being Emily's pals. But you can also pick whichever you think would like writing to Emily better.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @RipuAncestor - I have no problem at all having both of them he Emily's pals. :) Do you want to write first or shall I begin?

@CathyTea - Looks good to me! :) I can post this in the Reader's Nook and see if I can drum up some interest. It's been quiet over there lately, so well just see what happens. I have a TOC and will post the link once I come back tonight or tomorrow. I've got a fountain pen club meeting and the hubby is taking me out for my birthday dinner.

Also for everyone, I will do my best to respond within a week when my Sims get their letters.
    @ilovebunnys65

Here's Meadow's first letter to Mr. Watergate!

(Oh, boy! Meadow has no idea what she has gotten into!)

I can post this in the Reader's Nook and see if I can drum up some interest. It's been quiet over there lately, so well just see what happens. I have a TOC and will post the link once I come back tonight or tomorrow. I've got a fountain pen club meeting and the hubby is taking me out for my birthday dinner.

No need to drum up interest, as I feel we've got plenty of participation, but when others are interested, we certainly have room for more! :)

Have a fun time with your fountain pen club meeting! (What is a fountain pen club and what do you do?) and have a great birthday dinner! :)

• ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    I have a character in my Centauri Legacy that I think would really enjoy doing this, but he's not currently in a situation where he can (no body to hold a pen/no internet connection). Still I'll pop over when he is, and let you guys know!
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited January 2017
    Finally finished Seth's profile!

The Swallowing Sun

Also, here's the link to the table of contents:

Emo Pistols
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
    @RipuAncestor - I have no problem at all having both of them he Emily's pals. :) Do you want to write first or shall I begin?
    @sweetnightingale Either way works for me, but I think that Emily might be a bit shy to actually start the correspondence. So you can begin if you want. :)

My Sims stories:
    @RipuAncestor - I can do that. :) Hopefully, I'll try to get them up this morning and will tag you here once I do. Emily asked for the paranormal and Supernatural, so she's about to get her wish. :)

@CathyTea - I see @Thymeless has already posted here so the word has gotten out. :) We had a lovely time yesterday and my stuffed shrimp and double baked potato were delicious! :) Ah, a fountain pen club meeting is where a bunch of fountain pen enthusiasts get together, show off their pens to each other, and talk about different pen related topics. One time, we had a gu who showed how to redo the gold plating on a clip that's been worn away by wear and tear and regular use (mainly for vintage fountain pens). Some folks will bring pens and other stuff (ink, good fountain pen friendly) paper, etc.) to sell. The husband and I've gotten some fantastic pens from members there. Sometimes we'll try out each other's pens if they're inked up. There are times where a them is involved. For example, it was a Parker day, so the husband brought a bunch of his Parker 51's to show. It makes for a couple hours of good times. :)
    @CathyTea - I'm going to pull in the amazing Mathilda to participate. I think Giuliana would find her an interesting pen pal and maybe others will, too. I'll work up her profile this afternoon and get that up. :)
    @CathyTea - I'm going to pull in the amazing Mathilda to participate. I think Giuliana would find her an interesting pen pal and maybe others will, too. I'll work up her profile this afternoon and get that up. :)

Wonderful! Giuliana will love to be her pen pal!

@RipuAncestor - I can do that. :) Hopefully, I'll try to get them up this morning and will tag you here once I do. Emily asked for the paranormal and Supernatural, so she's about to get her wish. :)

@CathyTea - I see @Thymeless has already posted here so the word has gotten out. :) We had a lovely time yesterday and my stuffed shrimp and double baked potato were delicious! :) Ah, a fountain pen club meeting is where a bunch of fountain pen enthusiasts get together, show off their pens to each other, and talk about different pen related topics. One time, we had a gu who showed how to redo the gold plating on a clip that's been worn away by wear and tear and regular use (mainly for vintage fountain pens). Some folks will bring pens and other stuff (ink, good fountain pen friendly) paper, etc.) to sell. The husband and I've gotten some fantastic pens from members there. Sometimes we'll try out each other's pens if they're inked up. There are times where a them is involved. For example, it was a Parker day, so the husband brought a bunch of his Parker 51's to show. It makes for a couple hours of good times. :)

Your fountain pen club sounds really fun and rewarding! How neat!

@sweetnightingale Here's Meadow's first letter to Lenora!

Gosh, Meadow was so happy to hear from her!

edited January 2017
    Just a quick heads-up: I did some editing to Emily's profile. Nothing really major, just left out the mention of Riverview and stated that she lives in "a small rural town" instead. I wrote that profile when it was pretty late at night, so some info she herself wouldn't want to reveal at least right away slipped in. Oops. :sweat: Anyway, I'll try to get the chapter index for my correspondence done either tomorrow or in Wednesday.

Also @sweetnightingale Emily is looking forward to the letter. :)
    My Sims stories:
    Just a quick heads-up: I did some editing to Emily's profile. Nothing really major, just left out the mention of Riverview and stated that she lives in "a small rural town" instead. I wrote that profile when it was pretty late at night, so some info she herself wouldn't want to reveal at least right away slipped in. Oops. :sweat: Anyway, I'll try to get the chapter index for my correspondence done either tomorrow or in Wednesday.

All of Giuliana's talk of "Internet Safety for Kids" rubbed off, huh? :p

edited January 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »

All of Giuliana's talk of "Internet Safety for Kids" rubbed off, huh? :p
    Yup. :D It's weird because I myself am a pretty paranoid internet user but somehow all of that flew out the window when I was talking as a fictional character.
    My Sims stories:
  • ilovebunnys65ilovebunnys65 Posts: 1,611 Member
    I'd love to volunteer one of my sims to be Giuliana Kruse's pen pal, if that's ok.