Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

thank you for making the rain stop while you were here. hope you got to have some fun.

Thank you, @friendsfan367 , for doing such an awesome job covering for me when I was gone. You know what? It rained the WHOLE time (well, except for about five hours on Saturday) when I was there. It's flooded and pretty exciting. :)

@DreamsInPixels , @brinadanielle and @AudreyFld - Welcome! I'm so excited and happy that each of you is joining the project! I'll update the first page tonight with profiles and links. If you need a little help getting matched up with a pen pal, let me know!

To all my Sims' pen pals, if my Sims owe your Sims letters ( @sweetnightingale and @Charliimai and @ilovebunnys65 ) , then I'll catch up this week! :)

(I'm so happy to be home! )

i was going to write sunday but ayden aged up then his hormones kicked in so now i have to write him older. i think hes laughing at me. he keeps getting me in messes. like said he knows hes my favorte.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @friendsfan367 I think it's fine for Giuliana if Ayden is in a different time-stream. G's got a lot of unusual pen pals, so a faster moving time stream shouldn't freak her out. (In other words, it's ok that he's already a teen, if he still wants to write to G.)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @friendsfan367 I think it's fine for Giuliana if Ayden is in a different time-stream. G's got a lot of unusual pen pals, so a faster moving time stream shouldn't freak her out. (In other words, it's ok that he's already a teen, if he still wants to write to G.)

the reason ayden can't answer letters right now is because they were meant for 6 year old ayden . i need to stop blinkiking when i blink he does the unexpected. so yes ayden still would like to be penpals with guliaana
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @Kelebek Manny has a letter :D

Gwen's first letter: To Manny
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @CathyTea - Welcome back home. :) I hope you had a lovely trip and that you enjoyed your time away. Glad you got home safe and sound. Take all the time you need to catch up. I'm majorly behind myself and have a lot of catching up to do today. I took some time to make some videos for my YouTube channel so I've got some things to upload. But now, it's time to get back to writing. :)

For everyone my Sims owe letters to, I'll be working on those and will post as soon as I can his week. I'll also need to get Tara's profile up and will get that done hopefully today. Lots of catching up to do, bun it'll be great fun. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    @CathyTea Welcome back. I hope you had a great time!

@AudreyFld I love your profiles for all three characters! Quite the story you have developing already. At this point I don't have anyone that would be a good match for you. But I might down the road when I start focusing on the next generation. :)

@Charliimai YAY! I'm glad you got your internet to cooperate. And don't feel bad. You weren't holding anything up for me. :) LOVE the kid Goofy gif. hehe That's just too adorable! Here's Cassia's next letter...

NINTH LETTER TO DUSK

In response to Letter 8 and Letter 9

Dear Dusk,

I don’t think I’ve ever been so relieved to hear from someone in my entire life! Dace and I are so happy to know that you’re ok! We haven’t told the girls anything about what happened to you and have kept it our little secret.

Cassia writes back... Ninth Letter to Dusk

OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @AllieMac - Thanks! After I did my profiles I looked at some of the ones that were available and they didn't necessarily seem like they would want to correspond with any of my messed up sims! :p So no worries, but thanks for checking them out! Maybe someone will come along that can commiserate with one of them. They are all characters out of my current story - the ones that I felt like I knew the best. I figured if I put three out there maybe one of them might get lucky! :)
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @AllieMac - Thanks! After I did my profiles I looked at some of the ones that were available and they didn't necessarily seem like they would want to correspond with any of my messed up sims! :p So no worries, but thanks for checking them out! Maybe someone will come along that can commiserate with one of them. They are all characters out of my current story - the ones that I felt like I knew the best. I figured if I put three out there maybe one of them might get lucky! :)

Audrey, I'm sure we'll get some! You can also recruit for pen pals, through your blog, through the Writers' Lounge, or through other threads here. And when you get them, just direct them here or let me know yourself, and I'll update the listing! :)

I haven't had a chance to read your profiles yet, but I've got some Sims who enjoy complicated situations! :p

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea - Thanks for the words of encouragement! I haven't posted in the writers lounge. I am so intimidated! And my blog, ugh. I have a few people reading but they rarely comment so I don't even know who is reading. As you can see I am sticking my big toe in trying to get more confident! :) The reading circle has been a great help! Thank you for that! I will check out the writers lounge. :)
    @CathyTea - Thanks for the words of encouragement! I haven't posted in the writers lounge. I am so intimidated! And my blog, ugh. I have a few people reading but they rarely comment so I don't even know who is reading. As you can see I am sticking my big toe in trying to get more confident! :) The reading circle has been a great help! Thank you for that! I will check out the writers lounge. :)

hi i was helping cathtea out here but i actually help cohost the lounge . we stated it together. because i was new to writing and wanted a place i felt comfortable. everyone is nice helpful and welcoming so we would love it if you would visit sometime. some of the people here also hang out there.
    @friendsfan367 - heading there now and going to graciously beg.... :blush:

The lounge is super friendly because it's friendsfan's and I help! :) So, we always welcome everyone and if anyone is grumpy or pushy, we help them feel better! :smiley:

Now I'm so excited to check out your blog! I'll have a little extra time tonight, since my focus is "chillin'" so I'll be sure to take a look at the profiles at least and also a few of the other posts!

If I feel intimidated about catching up, I'll just start with recent posts and keep up! :)

The lounge is super friendly because it's friendsfan's and I help! :) So, we always welcome everyone and if anyone is grumpy or pushy, we help them feel better! :smiley:

Now I'm so excited to check out your blog! I'll have a little extra time tonight, since my focus is "chillin'" so I'll be sure to take a look at the profiles at least and also a few of the other posts!

If I feel intimidated about catching up, I'll just start with recent posts and keep up! :)

Oh no! Now I feel like I was begging for readers. That is not what I wanted! : :/ I really was just thanking you for all that you do! :D

Oh no! Now I feel like I was begging for readers. That is not what I wanted! : :/ I really was just thanking you for all that you do! :D

Oh! I was just trying to be encouraging! LOL! I really am excited! I want to find out about these pen pal participants... and there's something about your stories that seems intriguing and mysterious! :)

• KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    @Kelebek Manny has a letter :D

Gwen's first letter: To Manny

This is amazing!Thank you!I will respond asap :D
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Welcome back, @CathyTea !

There are so many letters... I'm getting caught up as we speak. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    @AudreyFld ! Your screenshots are amazing! I'm having so much fun enjoying your camera angles.

I just love that first shot of Kaitlin. Sometimes, I forget how much I love TS3 Sims and aesthetics (especially when I've been enjoying all the beautiful TS4 Sims, like @DreamsInPixels ') and then I see something like this and remember my love for them all over again!

Meadow would really like to be Kaitlin's pen pal, if Kaitlin would be interested in writing to Meadow. Meadow's got a few pen pals already, but she's a stay-at-home mom who wants to have more of her own projects than she can fit into a day because she has this dread that she'll get bored!

I really like your other Sims, too!

These are great characters, and I love how the stories intertwine.

• XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    insanesims.wordpress.com/2017/02/22/dove-meadow-5/ is up now! Sorry for the delay.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    Seth's letter to @Scribal_Goddess's Anya is finally done!

Caramel Centers

Just a warning - there is kissing. ;)
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
    @AudreyFld ! Your screenshots are amazing! I'm having so much fun enjoying your camera angles.

I just love that first shot of Kaitlin. Sometimes, I forget how much I love TS3 Sims and aesthetics (especially when I've been enjoying all the beautiful TS4 Sims, like @DreamsInPixels ') and then I see something like this and remember my love for them all over again!

Meadow would really like to be Kaitlin's pen pal, if Kaitlin would be interested in writing to Meadow. Meadow's got a few pen pals already, but she's a stay-at-home mom who wants to have more of her own projects than she can fit into a day because she has this dread that she'll get bored!

Thank you so much! I read Meadows profile and would love that! Kaitlin can send the first letter. Watch for if sometime this week! :D

Thank you so much! I read Meadows profile and would love that! Kaitlin can send the first letter. Watch for if sometime this week! :D

Oh , yay ! This will be great !

• rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    I'm still contemplating being a part of all this.

Thing is, the character I had in mind, I don't think she could keep with just one penpal. I might need some suggestions for pen pals, then.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
    rednenemon wrote: »

Thing is, the character I had in mind, I don't think she could keep with just one penpal. I might need some suggestions for pen pals, then.

I would be over the moon with joy if you participated ! Check out @AudreyFld 's Sims. They're really interesting and come from a neat story .

You can also post your Sim's profile to get things started .

• RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2017

JOIN UUUUSSSS, JOIN US NOOWWW! :smile:
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member

One of us! One of us!

When you get the profile up, I will tell @Scribal_Goddess to check it out to see if Anya might fit.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.