Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited February 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I would like to join this! I have my sim's profile set up...I just need to write an open letter or something for potential penpals. :D

Index for future letters: https://duskanddawnsimlit.wordpress.com/penpal-project/

And I would like to say thank you to @MedleyMisty for telling me there were still spots open <3

Yay ! So glad you're participating ! I'm out of town this weekend so I'll update the list when I get back on Monday or Tuesday !

i put the link in the pm so you can move it to the front when you return
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Thank you for that @friendsfan367 <3
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    Thank you for that @friendsfan367 <3

your welcome since sis is gone and i don't work again til next sunday i'm helping out as much as i can here and in the lounge.
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    Kelebek wrote: »
    I would like to join this! I have my sim's profile set up...I just need to write an open letter or something for potential penpals. :D

Index for future letters: https://duskanddawnsimlit.wordpress.com/penpal-project/

And I would like to say thank you to @MedleyMisty for telling me there were still spots open <3

Ayyy! @CathyTea If no one else is paired up,I'd happily accept.Then I'll have my two penpals :D

Also I like the idea of having a supernatural penpal :L

I'd be happy to be your penpal! I thought I replied to this...but I think it was around the time my wifi dropped.

S'all good.It's gonna be great!I guess we wait for it to be official and then you can decide who sends the first letter :D
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Ayyy! @CathyTea If no one else is paired up,I'd happily accept.Then I'll have my two penpals :D

I'd be happy to be your penpal! I thought I replied to this...but I think it was around the time my wifi dropped.

S'all good.It's gonna be great!I guess we wait for it to be official and then you can decide who sends the first letter :D

It's official if you both are ready ! Post your updates whenever you want and I'll catch up with adding links here when I get home ! : )
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member

I can work on the letter on Sunday or Monday. My mom's birthday is tomorrow (it's still Friday where I am) so I'm taking a break on writing to spend time with her :D
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member

I can work on the letter on Sunday or Monday. My mom's birthday is tomorrow (it's still Friday where I am) so I'm taking a break on writing to spend time with her :D

Of course,take your time!
    i'm working on mine tomorow. i don't have work and being sissy is a little harder than i thought. but i'm having fun bouncing between 2 threads.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @sweetnightingale I've got Emily's reply to Liam here!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    Do you have a Sim (or two) who would like to share thoughts, ideas, and stories through correspondence with another Sim? If so, then the Pen Pal Project might be just for you!

What is this?
    This is a collaborative project in which Sims write each other letters. The letters are posted on your blog (or, your forum thread, if needed).

How does it work?
    Partner up with a Simmer or two (or more). Have your Sims write each other letters. You and your partner(s) can decide the parameters, such as aging on or off, frequency of updates, and so on.

Does this have to tie in with other stories I'm writing?
    Not necessarily, but it can, if you'd like it to! This is a very flexible collaboration. If you've got a Sim in a current story, and you'd like to add the dimension of corresponding to other Sims, then that can work! If you'd like to create a Sim just for this project, that can work, too!

What if I sign up but then find out that I need to drop out?
    We can work with that! Just like in real life, pen pals sometimes get busy and need to stop their writing. It happens. If you need to drop out, just let your partners know, and then they can find someone to take the new openings.

OK! I'm in! How do I participate?
    Just let me know here in this thread! If you've found a partner on your own, let me know, and I'll add you to the directory. If you'd like to find a partner, then post here describing what type of pen pal you're interested in!

Hey y'all...so I would like to participate ! This sounds tons of fun. I've been playing the sims for years and in order for me to be able to post pics and links while we do this challenge I need more forum member points. Y'all wanna help a sim sister out ?! I think I have like 20 pts but I need 50...I think I get points for likes and/or mentions ! so...let's like/chat it up lol
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited February 2017
    The title says spots open. If they haven't filled up yet, I am interested! Let me know what I need to do. Thanks! I have 3 different sims that could be pen pals. My story is where I am pulling them from. One is very self centered and vengeful man who grew up privileged, another is a self made man and the last is the heroine of my story who ran from a bad situation and is trying to go it alone - with 5 kids. Any of these would be willing to be a pen pal.
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    The title says spots open. If they haven't filled up yet, I am interested! Let me know what I need to do. Thanks! I have 3 different sims that could be pen pals. My story is where I am pulling them from. One is very self centered and vengeful man who grew up privileged, another is a self made man and the last is the heroine of my story who ran from a bad situation and is trying to go it alone - with 5 kids. Any of these would be willing to be a pen pal.

Those all sounds awesome to me! Just make profiles for them and post them. Then if you see a Sim you think would be a good fit or if someone else thinks they'd like to write one of your Sims, you just talk about it and get started. :)
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    @brinadanielle & @audreyfld Yay! More pen pals. Welcome to the group! @CathyTea is out of town for the weekend. But there is always room for more to join!

Just pick which Sim(s) you'd like to join the program and let us know a bit about them. A lot of us have used an unofficial form which you're more than welcome to use or you could simply just write up an introduction for you Sim(s). The form's not "required". Can't wait to see who else is joining. Just holler if you have any questions, etc.

Name:

Select your age bracket:

Profession:

How many pen pals are you interested in acquiring?

What qualities do you seek in a pen pal?

Do you have a desire to meet your pen pal face-to-face?

Please describe, in as much detail as possible, your reason for wanting to join the pen pal project:

OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Hey all! :)

Just popping in quickly to say hi. I've been rather busy the last couple days so I'm a little behind at the moment. I'll be working on getting caught up tomorrow as well as working on letters and Tara's profile. I hope you all are doing well and have had a great weekend. :smile:
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    AllieMac wrote: »
    @brinadanielle & @audreyfld Yay! More pen pals. Welcome to the group! @CathyTea is out of town for the weekend. But there is always room for more to join!

Just pick which Sim(s) you'd like to join the program and let us know a bit about them. A lot of us have used an unofficial form which you're more than welcome to use or you could simply just write up an introduction for you Sim(s). The form's not "required". Can't wait to see who else is joining. Just holler if you have any questions, etc.

Name:

Select your age bracket:

Profession:

How many pen pals are you interested in acquiring?

What qualities do you seek in a pen pal?

Do you have a desire to meet your pen pal face-to-face?

Please describe, in as much detail as possible, your reason for wanting to join the pen pal project:

but if you fill the profile out i'm playing secretary.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @friendsfan367 Okay - Here are links to my profiles - This is TS3 if it matters. I don't necessarily want pen pals for all of them. But if someone really wants to correspond with them, then that's fine. :)

Kaitlin Murdock - single mother trying to make it
    Leroy Chapman - self made man
    Newt Murdock - self centered, greedy and self important
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 Okay - Here are links to my profiles - This is TS3 if it matters. I don't necessarily want pen pals for all of them. But if someone really wants to correspond with them, then that's fine. :)

Kaitlin Murdock - single mother trying to make it
    Leroy Chapman - self made man
    Newt Murdock - self centered, greedy and self important

sent them cathtea is back tuesday i think.
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi Pen pals giphy_Hi.gif. Hope you are all having a great weekend.
    My Internet issues are not quite resolved but I have managed to get letters done. However only one has images due to my intermittent Internet connection issues.

@AllieMac Here are Dusk's next letters. Sorry for the wait.

** Dear Cassia (Letter 8)

** Dear Cassia (Letter 9)

cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

edited February 2017
    i know i need to send letters out but i have a intresting issue ayden jumped from 6 to 16 because i didn't know i had aging on also hes probably unrelatedable to kids because hes now married with a kid of his own. i always say hes my favorite to write . he always challenges me to write stuff i have no experience with. lol, last time divorce this time teen pregnancy.

anyway i just thought the people ayden is paired with should know.
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited February 2017
    @friendsfan367 I'm sure we can find a way to work with the age change. I'll have to think about it as I haven't been played Rhuari in a while since I haven't been able to sign in to origin to get my game to start. Maybe he could have a time jump too as his sister is about to give birth and infants are not my favourite life stage to deal with ;)

I'll get back to you as soon as I can/ think of something. :)
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

Charliimai wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 I'm sure we can find a way to work with the age change. I'll have to think about it as I haven't been played Rhuari in a while since I haven't been able to sign in to origin to get my game to start. Maybe he could have a time jump too as his sister is about to give birth and infants are not my favourite life stage to deal with ;)

no rush. i'm still watching 2 threads til sissy comes back . so i haven't even played yet today.

no rush. i'm still watching 2 threads til sissy comes back . so i haven't even played yet today.

Guess what ? I'm in the airport now just about to board the flight home ! Can't wait to get home again !

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited February 2017

Guess what ? I'm in the airport now just about to board the flight home ! Can't wait to get home again !

thank you for making the rain stop while you were here. hope you got to have some fun.
    edited February 2017

thank you for making the rain stop while you were here. hope you got to have some fun.

Thank you, @friendsfan367 , for doing such an awesome job covering for me when I was gone. You know what? It rained the WHOLE time (well, except for about five hours on Saturday) when I was there. It's flooded and pretty exciting. :)

@DreamsInPixels , @brinadanielle and @AudreyFld - Welcome! I'm so excited and happy that each of you is joining the project! I'll update the first page tonight with profiles and links. If you need a little help getting matched up with a pen pal, let me know!

To all my Sims' pen pals, if my Sims owe your Sims letters ( @sweetnightingale and @Charliimai and @ilovebunnys65 ) , then I'll catch up this week! :)

(I'm so happy to be home! )

Ok, everyone! I think I've got the home page up-to-date with participants, indices, and latest letters. Please check, and if I'm missing anything, let me know!