Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »

That is one awesome letter, @AudreyFld ! I really like Janet a lot--and the therapist, too!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    AudreyFld wrote: »

That is one awesome letter, @AudreyFld ! I really like Janet a lot--and the therapist, too!
    Ha! Thanks. Janet has been good for him. And just when he thought he had it all figured out...
  • DjapchanDjapchan Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi,

this project sounds awesome and I'd like to participate.

I filled out the pen-pal form here:

<a href="https://wordpress.com/page/legentslegacy.wordpress.com/783">Ulf Urahn</a>

So, anybody interested?
  • DjapchanDjapchan Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry, didn't manage to make the link work...

https://wordpress.com/page/legentslegacy.wordpress.com/783
  • kkira555kkira555 Posts: 102 Member
    @Djapchan did you make the page public and all that?
    kkira555 wrote: »
    @Djapchan did you make the page public and all that?

Good questions, @kkira555 !

With a little sleuthing, I found the link to @Djapchan 's pen pal profile here: https://legentslegacy.wordpress.com/pen-pal/

It's super interesting! And your legacy looks cool, too! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hey all!

@ny275 Daniella's response to Sienna just went live! Daniella - Sienna 6

@CathyTea, I've got our page on the blog updated as well.
  • ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @cecerose0208 Great! I'm going to read it now! :) And thanks for updating the page on the site, too
    Sebastion (who's the dad in my Alien Adoption Challenge) has written to @kkira555 's Brio! Sebastion's First Letter to Brio

• AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi y'all! I finally have gotten back to writing about my Ramblers and even though @Charliimai finished her portion of our collaboration months ago, Dace will still be responding to Dusk's letters. So here's a long overdue letter...

DEAR DUSK (THE DATE)

Dear Dusk,

I’m starting to get worried about you. It’s been quite some time since I last wrote and I expected to hear from you long before now. I hope everything is Ok and you’ve just been too busy to write lately. I wish I had thought to ask Grimm about it at work this week. (There was a death at the lab...

Dace catches Dusk up on his life in... 9. Dear Dusk (The Date)

OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    ayden still owes a letter but this time its sis fault. becham loves the new park and all his new toys.

i'll try to rember today but i'm still working on catching up the benders and my toddler cas project.
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @RipuAncestor I just read it, and it's wonderful! :smiley:
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
    @Thymeless Thanks! It was a lot of fun to write!
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @Thymeless Hey! Here is Sienna's response to Lori. Sienna-Lori 6
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @ny275 Ahhhh <3 Will read it now :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Ah, I'm sorry for taking a while @rednenemon, but Niels finally replied to Mel with Greasy Chips and Dentists. I made it shorter than it originally was, but it ended up getting big again. :sob: Hope you don't mind!
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Howdy, howday everyone!

Once again, I must apologize for being MIA for a bit. This morning has been the first time I've been on the forums recently. Not only have we been busy but we've had some other stuff to deal with.

As you all know, I'm visually impaired and have a Leader Dog, a Golden Retriever named Caleb. :) He's such a sweet boy and I love him to bits. Well, as dogs age a lot faster than we do, it has come time for him to retire, and he'll do so at the end of September. He will still be with us but he just won't be working anymore. This means I'll have to train with a new partner. I'll be in Michigan from September 25-October 13. It'll be a very busy time but I'll have my IPad and a laptop with me for staying in touch in my downtime. If I get time, I'll do some pen pal letters since I tend to use previously taken screenshots for those. Sadly, I won't have my Sims game loaded on the laptop so anything new will be out until I come back.

I've also been a little under the weather. Over the last couple weeks or so, I'd been having some stomach issues, but thankfully, those are much better. However, I've been dealing with some goofy vertigo over the last week or so. I've had it before, usually after I come off a cold but this time, it just sorta hit me pretty quick. Sometimes being in an upright position makes the room feel like it's moving every which way. Plus, I feel like I'm weaving like a drink when I'm walking. :O I hope I can get this out of my system before my trip because it's such a weird, strange feeling.

Still dealing with the problem of my Sims 3 game and the issues I'd mentioned before. I THINK I might know what the problem is, so I'll be messing with that a little bit this week. I'm totally bound and determined to get some chapters out AND a bunch of pen pal letters too over the next few days. I can't believe how behind I am and my Sims heartily apologize for being so late with their responses.

I hope everyone is doing well. Now, let's see what I can get posted. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    edited August 2017
    @sweetnightingale I'm glad to hear from you. I hope you'll feel better soon and that your game starts behaving again. Also I hope your new leader dog will be as sweet and great as Caleb. And I wish sweet retirement days for Caleb!
    My Sims stories:
    @RipuAncestor - It's great to be back! I've missed both you and Emily. :) Thank you so much for the feeling better wishes. At least I don't have it as bad as some people who have to live with it every day. I've heard of some really nasty cases where folks suffering from it get really sick. It's more of a nuisance but there have been times where I had to go lie down until a particularly nasty dizzy spell let up,

Awww, Caleb sends tail wags and kisses your way. :) He's a heartbreaker for sure. I'm sure my new one will be lovable too but of course Caleb is a tough act to follow.
    @sweetnightingale I'm so glad that Caleb gets to live with you in his retirement! Will your next service dog be a golden retriever, too? And how old? Are you looking forward to the process of getting to know each other? I bet it's a lot of work, but from what I've read, the dogs love it!

@CathyTea - Me too! I could never, EVER give up Caleb, so it all works out. :) Yes, I'm hoping for another Golden Retriever but I won't know for sure until I arrive. They try to fulfill your request if at all possible but there are times when a better match of a different breed is called for and that's OK too. The trainers are the experts in that department. :) The dogs are anywhere from a year and 1/2 to about 2 by the time they're ready for issue. I sure hate that Caleb has to retire but I knew this day would eventually come. Even though it's a mix of emotions (excitement, sadness that Caleb has to retire), I'm looking forward to the process. Plus, I get to be in class with a good friend who I met the first time we were there back in 1992 getting our first dogs. We're very excited about that. The dogs end up super attached to their trainer, so it takes about a week to 10 days for them to get used to the fact that they won't be with the trainer anymore. It's definitely a lot of work and really overwhelming for a first timer, but like you said, the dogs love to work.

If you want more info, go to www.leaderdog.org and you can read a lot about the process and how it works.
    @RipuAncestor Hey! Finally Gee-Jay have written to Tad! :)Gee-Jay - Tad 3

@RipuAncestor - Here is a LONG letter from Lenora to Emily...finally!

Lenora to Emily 5