Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    It's terrible you still have to deal with that troll @sweetnightingale, but it's great that you're able to keep your cool to not give them the satisfaction by engaging them. It's also very good that you're keeping all a record of everything, too! I hope they stop soon. I think it's crazy they've been keeping it up this long. :s
    I know I'm still relatively new to this thread, but still, welcome back! :)

@rednenemon Niels' reply to Mel is done, but it ended up getting really long :joy: I've still got to make some more edits to hopefully shorten it (as well as adding in screenshots). Hope you don't mind the wait!
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @Cement - It's nice to be back. :) I've missed everyone.

Yes, it is crazy. She's been a thorn in my side since March and every now and again just kinda pops back up. It's been a couple week or so now and let's just hope it's the last of it. The thing is, she's probably doing this to other people too, which is a total shame. It's too bad there are people like that out there.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    @sweetnightingale I'm so sorry you're still dealing with this. And I don't want you to think I think you haven't already looked into ways of handling this. But based on what you've been saying in this thread, it sounds like you went to your local law enforcement and asked for their help dealing with this.

That got me thinking. What's happening to you falls more in line with cyber bullying than stalking. A lot states and municipalities, even at the federal level, they're enacting new laws to address people who's harassment starts or ends up online. I don't know where you live, otherwise I'd look it up myself (and I think you should keep that info super private in light of what's going on).

But if you haven't already, you should do your own research into laws and ordinances starting from the town level all the way up to the federal level regarding cyber attacks, bullying, and harassment. There may be new laws on the books that cover your area that are less than two years old. Local law enforcement may not even be aware of them yet. I read a story in a newspaper about that around this time last year.

If you've already done this, sorry for having not-new-ideas. But I think it's useful for everyone to know. The local cops aren't always properly trained and up to date on the latest ordinances and laws, so if there's ever anything you go to them with and they say they can't help, just check for yourself before you accept their reticence to help!
  • deerplaysthesimsdeerplaysthesims Posts: 24 New Member
    This seems interesting, can I join? I even have a sim in mind!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Sure, you can join! Just look through the participants, and when you see someone you're interested in, ask them if their Sim could be your pen pal!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • firsttigerhobbesfirsttigerhobbes Posts: 7 New Member
    I'd like to join! I don't have anyone yet, but I have my sim's profile up on my website.

https://empiresofthemindblog.wordpress.com/pen-pal/

If anyone is interested, let me know. :)
    I'd like to join! I don't have anyone yet, but I have my sim's profile up on my website.

https://empiresofthemindblog.wordpress.com/pen-pal/

If anyone is interested, let me know. :)

Hiya! Welcome @firsttigerhobbes ! Since you and @deerplaysthesims both want pen pals, how about if you write to each other?

You can have more than one pen pal, too--writing to each other will ensure you both have someone so you can get started! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • firsttigerhobbesfirsttigerhobbes Posts: 7 New Member
    Alright. @deerplaysthesims just post a link to your sim's profile.
  • deerplaysthesimsdeerplaysthesims Posts: 24 New Member
    @firsttingerhobbes Here is a link to my sim's profile
    https://deerplaysthesims.tumblr.com/post/164079282443/pen-pal

Also if anyone is looking for a teen pen pal, I have one ready!
    @Xantheanmar Hello! I was thinking that Meadow owed Dove a letter... but it looks like Meadow is all caught up? Is this Dove's most recent letter to Meadow, https://insanesims.wordpress.com/2017/05/14/dove-meadow-11/ ?

If I owe you one, please let me know!

I'm trying to catch up this week on pen pal stuff!

@RipuAncestor I know that Gee-Jay owe Tad a letter! I've got it screenshot with pics loaded waiting for words! :)

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @Xantheanmar Hello! I was thinking that Meadow owed Dove a letter... but it looks like Meadow is all caught up? Is this Dove's most recent letter to Meadow, https://insanesims.wordpress.com/2017/05/14/dove-meadow-11/ ?

@RipuAncestor I know that Gee-Jay owe Tad a letter! I've got it screenshot with pics loaded waiting for words! :)

whats a gee-jay?

hey things are back to normal you confused me.

whats a gee-jay?

Remember Gee-Jay? Guiliana (Gee) and Jasper (Jay) who write Tad together!

edited August 2017

whats a gee-jay?

Remember Gee-Jay? Guiliana (Gee) and Jasper (Jay) who write Tad together!

actually you never told me that.

the last time i asked what do wee was.
    OK! Here's Norman's letter to Newt! Norman - Newt 10

rats i have to be a adult tomorrow.

i still have writers block so i'll probably come by after work and pick on sis again.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member

:) There's no rush. But I'll be glad to get more letters to respond to.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @CathyTea - Finally - after I realized it was my turn!!!! Kaitlin's response to Meadow 10. I can't believe we have done 10 letters! :) Sadly Kaitlin's life has been in a turmoil lately so she was thrilled to get Meadow's letter.
    edited August 2017
    rats i have to be a adult tomorrow.

i still have writers block so i'll probably come by after work and pick on sis again.

i was right being a adult is overated. but i get to have ice cream before dinner and no one cares. i think sis knows i do that already. so i'm not hiding.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
    edited August 2017
    @kkira555 Hey! Sebastion completed his pen pal profile! He'll write Brio soon!

Sebastion’s Pen Pal Profile

@AudreyFld I really enjoyed Kaitlin's letter. She's so strong and independent when she writes! I like the side of her that the letters reveal.

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited August 2017
    @AudreyFld I really enjoyed Kaitlin's letter. She's so strong and independent when she writes! I like the side of her that the letters reveal.

@CathyTea - She's trying hard. It seems easy for her to share with Meadow because she doesn't judge her or try to control her. It's a nice change for her.
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @cecerose0208 - Sorry it took me so long to respond back. I haven't been on the forums much over the last few days. Anyway, yes, my local law enforcement facility is unwilling/unable to do much except give me extra patrol in my area. That's a great idea though to do other research and see if there is another avenue I hate to hire a lawyer because that can run into a lot of money. Doing other research is worth a shot and at least I'd know for sure what my options are. Thanks so much for the input. :)

Anyway everyone, I'm working on my letters. I'm SUPER behind but am diligently trying to get caught up. I'm still having some issues with my game (can't travel and can't load a second game in the same session) but should have some stuff out this week. My fingers will be getting quite the workout doing their keyboard exercises. LOL!
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    @cecerose0208 - Sorry it took me so long to respond back. I haven't been on the forums much over the last few days. Anyway, yes, my local law enforcement facility is unwilling/unable to do much except give me extra patrol in my area. That's a great idea though to do other research and see if there is another avenue I hate to hire a lawyer because that can run into a lot of money. Doing other research is worth a shot and at least I'd know for sure what my options are. Thanks so much for the input. :)

Anyway everyone, I'm working on my letters. I'm SUPER behind but am diligently trying to get caught up. I'm still having some issues with my game (can't travel and can't load a second game in the same session) but should have some stuff out this week. My fingers will be getting quite the workout doing their keyboard exercises. LOL!

No problem! I am occasionally the queen of delayed responses, so I don't mind at all. Hopefully something I said will help.
    @ny275 Hey, I just updated our page on the pen pal blog to reflect our newest letters, and I'm working on Daniella's next letter to Sienna.
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @RipuAncestor LOOK WHO HAS FINALLY WRITTEN!!
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @CathyTea

I haven't forgotten about Norm, I swear! I just need some more time to think up a response.

Hopefully he doesn't mind too much if Mel takes a little longer with her letter to him.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)