Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »
    i just read what i wrote about ayden on the front page. i really need to stop typing when i'm not fully awake.

I just quoted what you wrote! If you feel funny about having it on his profile, I can edit it!

I think it's cute!

no . it lets people no what he is like. when i was writing that part of the story i thought if anyone left it would be elsa with zayden ayden wanting out was a little shocking. it was his choice i didn't make that up.
    i just read what i wrote about ayden on the front page. i really need to stop typing when i'm not fully awake.

I just quoted what you wrote! If you feel funny about having it on his profile, I can edit it!

I think it's cute!

most of the people doing this know what aydens like because they read the story.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Still time to join?

I don't have an excellent schedule, so I decided to drag out a character who shares my inability to manage time on a human scale.

Name: Anya

Pen pals desired: One or two.

Reason for applying: "The computer started working again, and this screen stares at me through a screaming whiteness even when I tear the power cord up by it's roots."

Fair warning: Anya might have gotten unstuck from reality at some point. It's hard to be sure. She also might spend some time not replying to letters right away because she's busy hiding from her dresser drawers. They are very much like doors.

I'll have the profile up in a couple days, I got enthusiastic about this right before the busy part of the week.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited January 2017
    Still time to join?

I don't have an excellent schedule, so I decided to drag out a character who shares my inability to manage time on a human scale.

Reason for applying: "The computer started working again, and this screen stares at me through a screaming whiteness even when I tear the power cord up by it's roots."

Fair warning: Anya might have gotten unstuck from reality at some point. It's hard to be sure. She also might spend some time not replying to letters right away because she's busy hiding from her dresser drawers. They are very much like doors.

I'll have the profile up in a couple days, I got enthusiastic about this right before the busy part of the week.

Seth has already claimed this person, but he's willing to share a tiny bit. ;)
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Still time to join?

Welcome! Don't think I've seen you around here before!

I've got Anya listed, and I have Seth listed as one of her pen pals. Just keep me posted when I need to make more updates to your listing!

Nice to have you joining the project! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've got a table of contents for Emily's letters now. I should probably start adding some actual letters but I'll go for a walk first. :) See you later!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Still time to join?

Welcome! Don't think I've seen you around here before!

I've got Anya listed, and I have Seth listed as one of her pen pals. Just keep me posted when I need to make more updates to your listing!

Nice to have you joining the project! :)

Usually I just lurk. I didn't do a lot of sims the last year or so, working on other projects. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    @sweetnightingale Emily's response to Lenora is ready. It's here.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Hi, everyone! This is so much fun, isn't it? I'm having a great time, and it's so neat to see these stories spreading through all our blogs! Plus, I feel I'm getting to know (and love) these Sims so well! :)

Here is Meadow's second letter to Mr. Watergate.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    sis can i enter charlie too? i wasn't sure how many were allowed?
    Hi, everyone! (again!)

I thought, until I go nuts, I'd try to keep up a Master Table of Contents. Please take a look and see if I've got all your letters!

Please let me know whenever I forget to add one of your letters to the TOC.

It's a big job and I'm in a busy phase of life, so if I forget, don't take it personally! Just remind me and I'll add it!

(And I reserve the right to abandon the Master TOC anytime it gets too crazy for me! :smiley: )

Hi, everyone! (again!)

I thought, until I go nuts, I'd try to keep up a Master Table of Contents. Please take a look and see if I've got all your letters!

It's a big job and I'm in a busy phase of life, so if I forget, don't take it personally! Just remind me and I'll add it!

(And I reserve the right to abandon the Master TOC anytime it gets too crazy for me! :smiley: )

i can help if you want send theinfo like i do when the lounge needs updated.
    Hi, everyone! (again!)

i can help if you want send theinfo like i do when the lounge needs updated.

That would be so awesome, Sis! :)

edited January 2017
    you answered me already.

He'll get one! Just wait! And it's fine to add Charlie, too! :)

you answered me already.

He'll get one! Just wait! And it's fine to add Charlie, too! :)

i call charlie little ayden hes ayden before all the bad stuff happened. and the one good thing.
    edited January 2017
    had to edit charlie isn't born yet.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
    https://friendsfan36.wordpress.com/2017/01/19/charlie-bender

Heres charlies . some of the words are all caps because hes only 7. so not gramatically correct.

Giuliana would love to be Charlie's pen pal--she's 9. She'll love to boss him around!

edited January 2017
    https://friendsfan36.wordpress.com/2017/01/19/charlie-bender

Heres charlies . some of the words are all caps because hes only 7. so not gramatically correct.

Giuliana would love to be Charlie's pen pal--she's 9. She'll love to boss him around!

charlie loves that
    edited January 2017
    @sweetnightingale Hi! Here's Emily's response to Liam. :)
    My Sims stories:
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @CathyTea - I agree! This is loads of fun and I'm having a blast with it. :)

I'll be working on letters from Liam and Lenora to Emily, Meadow, and Jasper. I need to go grab some screenshots but will do my best to get something up this afternoon. :) Gosh, this has really taken off, and I'm so loving all these different Sims.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    @CathyTea - I agree! This is loads of fun and I'm having a blast with it. :)

I'll be working on letters from Liam and Lenora to Emily, Meadow, and Jasper. I need to go grab some screenshots but will do my best to get something up this afternoon. :) Gosh, this has really taken off, and I'm so loving all these different Sims.

No rush on my account ! I'm back in a busy phase with the jobs, so if I write something every day, it's a major accomplishment ! I've got a few letters in the queue, so take all the time you want to reply to Jasper and Meadow !

@CathyTea - I know how it is to get busy. We'll be pretty busy with Lions Club stuff in the beginning of next month, so my own writing may slow down a bit. Getting something up every day is hard and even impossible for me, depending on what's happening. BTW, did you think this project would take off the way it did? :) It's pretty cool, and there are so many different Sims.
    edited January 2017
    BTW, did you think this project would take off the way it did? :) It's pretty cool, and there are so many different Sims.

When I first came up with the idea, I thought I'd just ask one or two to take part, casually. But I always like to be inclusive, and it seems like my other collabs always spin into wild things with lots of participants, so I guess, I thought that if I opened it up, it might bloom! But I didn't expect the flower to be so beautiful with so many lovely, unique petals! :smile:

What I didn't anticipate was so much cross-Sim-version (TS3-TS4) correspondence, and I certainly didn't anticipate so many lovely people taking part! :)

So, I'm really happy!

What I love about this collab is its flexibility: it's ok for participants to take part at their own pace, and to drop out and drop back in when needed, and more can join in at any time.

Some of my other collabs have faltered when people need to drop out, and there's no easy exit. So, leaving the door open for comings and goings seems to be a key! :)

@CathyTea - Well, this is certainly a brilliant collab and it's a way of getting to know each other's Sims in a different way. :) All our Sims have uniquenesses that really shine through in the letters, and yes, this lovely flower has many beautiful petals.

I know what you mean. Life can turn on a dime in unanticipated ways, and it's always sad when someone has to drop out. It's good that there's that doorway for comings and goings, and having a number of Sims participating keeps things fresh and new. :)

I love the cross-game communication, as it makes for some interesting storytelling and a different way of presenting screenshots. In the Lounge, I asked if anyone's tried to recreate a favorite Sim or Sims cross game. Me, I find it rather difficult and I totally suck at it, unfortunately. I'd been toying with recreating Lenora and Tyrone but I'm hesitant because I don't think I could do them justice.