Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues since toddler patch

Comments

• MissQueMissQue Posts: 6 New Member
    Sidenote i'll also try the inventory thing if it actually lets me go into game mode**
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    MissQue wrote: »
    Sidenote i'll also try the inventory thing if it actually lets me go into game mode**

It is good to reduce the amount of items in your sims inventories. Having a number of items in them can cause issuexl
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    I'm having most of these issues so I clicked "me too" but I'm having one I haven't seen mentioned. All my sims now flock to the bedrooms to eat. Before the patch, in my main family, the mom cooked dinner every night and they would all grab a plate and automatically go to the dining table. Now they all grab a plate and go upstairs to a bedroom, leaving the toddler to eat alone downstairs. Every home I try to play, even those without toddlers, no one is using the table anymore. I tried a new save, still happening. If I lock them out of the bedroom, they just stand and eat in the kitchen. This is annoying me more than the stand and watch tv bug.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    One I've ran into is that the pink love relationship bar showed up between my Sim and his daughter. Ew, creepy. I had her ask him to just be friends so that he wouldn't cheat on his wife with his daughter. :/
  • angelzplay85angelzplay85 Posts: 1 New Member
    i have absolutely no male sims since the toddler update. i tried using my last save and that didnt work either. ive lost so much.
    i have absolutely no male sims since the toddler update. i tried using my last save and that didnt work either. ive lost so much.

Hello
    This issue can be caused by a broken mod. If you have any of the adult mods that can't be mentioned on the site, go back to the mod download site and download /install the latest version of the mod.
    Then try rolling back your save to an earlier version.
    These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1

• knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited January 2017
    Since the patch there as been a noticeable issue with invitations in my game. Bare in mind I do not use mods, custom content or download from the Gallery.

Random (creepy) Adults inviting my children out to singles nights!
    vcbc.jpg~original

Not 100% but should kids be inviting other kids out to the nightclub?
    Untitled-1_1.jpg~original

A male Sim I made (not transgender) being invited to ladies night. :D
    tumblr_ojs6dty6NG1vflx9go1_400.jpg~original
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2017
    One I've ran into is that the pink love relationship bar showed up between my Sim and his daughter. Ew, creepy. I had her ask him to just be friends so that he wouldn't cheat on his wife with his daughter. :/

Is this with or without mods installed? If with, check for mod updates. If without, is this a parent in CAS? Or a stepparent, with a CAS "roommate" relationship? Were actual interactions available or just the bar?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    I am having the sims stand in front of fridge when they have pulled food out and eat instead of finding a seat!!! so no other sims queued to get food out of the fridge can do so!! I haven't tried repairing yet, so will try that. Also, when you select the first food getter to sit down (after getting the food from the fridge), the others usually follow suit and find a seat, usually....

Hello
    I hope that repairing your game helps.
    If you stilll have issues after doing that and the fridge is in the corner of the room, move it to another position and see if that helps

Hi @rosemow, sorry it has taken so long to respond, things have been hectic. Unfortunately I haven't played that save in a while, but I rolled back a previous version of another save and the sims are now sitting to eat after getting food from the fridge (table is right NEXT to the fridge) but when they cook, and hunger is low, they just take a plate and put into their inventory instead of taking the plate to the table and eating straight away.

2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    I am having the sims stand in front of fridge when they have pulled food out and eat instead of finding a seat!!! so no other sims queued to get food out of the fridge can do so!! I haven't tried repairing yet, so will try that. Also, when you select the first food getter to sit down (after getting the food from the fridge), the others usually follow suit and find a seat, usually....

Hello
    I hope that repairing your game helps.
    If you stilll have issues after doing that and the fridge is in the corner of the room, move it to another position and see if that helps

Hi @rosemow, sorry it has taken so long to respond, things have been hectic. Unfortunately I haven't played that save in a while, but I rolled back a previous version of another save and the sims are now sitting to eat after getting food from the fridge (table is right NEXT to the fridge) but when they cook, and hunger is low, they just take a plate and put into their inventory instead of taking the plate to the table and eating straight away.

Hello
    It is good that the sims are sitting to eat the food when taking a plate from the fridge.

You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the cooking and inventory issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Food/m-p/5821172#M32460
  • MissQueMissQue Posts: 6 New Member
    Thank you...i sorted through most of it found the cc or mod that was causing cas to close but now im having a issue where the outfits, gender section(box with the voice and walk styles etc) and the arrpws around and on the bottom all disappeared LOL and ive went through everyting and just placed it all together i took out the columns mod to see if maybe that was the issue but i guess maybe friday ill try again sorting to find the thing causing it ill take a day break because that too four hours lol and im tired not to mention i had a big laundry load to take care of earlier prior to this so before i get off my pc for the night il see if the columns is causing this (i downloaded v 1.5 btw the new one)..i will update on friday lol
    MissQue wrote: »
    Thank you...i sorted through most of it found the cc or mod that was causing cas to close but now im having a issue where the outfits, gender section(box with the voice and walk styles etc) and the arrpws around and on the bottom all disappeared LOL and ive went through everyting and just placed it all together i took out the columns mod to see if maybe that was the issue but i guess maybe friday ill try again sorting to find the thing causing it ill take a day break because that too four hours lol and im tired not to mention i had a big laundry load to take care of earlier prior to this so before i get off my pc for the night il see if the columns is causing this (i downloaded v 1.5 btw the new one)..i will update on friday lol

Hello
    I hope that you will be able to find the mod/cc causing the issues when you do further testing.
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    Ossborn wrote: »
    After I sorted out the usual problems with new patches regarding custom contend, I now have 3 issues left in my game.

1) My Sims very often do the "need to pee badly" animation, even if the bar is high up in the green area.
    2) Although they have good moodlets, their general emotion is (don´t know how it´s called in the english evrsion) the orange one.
    3) Custom Content mirrors no longer work. If there were some on a lot, they all disappeared into the household inventory and if I try to put one at a wall, the mirror is colored red and it just produces an error message when I try to place it.

I had the issue in number 2. The culprit was Simstopics All Walkstyles Disabled mods. Its been updated and the problem has gone away.
    tanakaki wrote: »
    Ossborn wrote: »
    After I sorted out the usual problems with new patches regarding custom contend, I now have 3 issues left in my game.

1) My Sims very often do the "need to pee badly" animation, even if the bar is high up in the green area.
    2) Although they have good moodlets, their general emotion is (don´t know how it´s called in the english evrsion) the orange one.
    3) Custom Content mirrors no longer work. If there were some on a lot, they all disappeared into the household inventory and if I try to put one at a wall, the mirror is colored red and it just produces an error message when I try to place it.

I had the issue in number 2. The culprit was Simstopics All Walkstyles Disabled mods. Its been updated and the problem has gone away.

It was very kind of you to post the name of the mod that was causing the issue :)
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm having most of these issues so I clicked "me too" but I'm having one I haven't seen mentioned. All my sims now flock to the bedrooms to eat. Before the patch, in my main family, the mom cooked dinner every night and they would all grab a plate and automatically go to the dining table. Now they all grab a plate and go upstairs to a bedroom, leaving the toddler to eat alone downstairs. Every home I try to play, even those without toddlers, no one is using the table anymore. I tried a new save, still happening. If I lock them out of the bedroom, they just stand and eat in the kitchen. This is annoying me more than the stand and watch tv bug.

Mine have been doing that too, they all go and eat in the bedroom. I also have in one game sims standing in front of the fridge so the others can't get to eat. I've moved the fridge to different areas in the kitchen and they still just stand there.
    Also, I have their plates of food ending up in their inventories.
    On a positive note, I've found the resetting when ordering group meals and throwing plates down on the ground has stopped.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    February11 wrote: »

Mine have been doing that too, they all go and eat in the bedroom. I also have in one game sims standing in front of the fridge so the others can't get to eat. I've moved the fridge to different areas in the kitchen and they still just stand there.
    On a positive note, I've found the resetting when ordering group meals and throwing plates down on the ground has stopped/.

It is good that you have found that the resetting issue with group meals and plates being thrown on to the ground has stopped in your game!That is great!
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    simlish1 wrote: »
    So I've found myself running into two issues since the toddler patch.

Firstly, my sim will choose to stand in front of the tv to watch it, instead of automatically sitting on the sofa.
    Secondly, the father of my toddler (who doesn't live in my sims house, nor are they romantically involved) suddenly turns up at the apartment and doesn't leave. There is no action to get rid of him (ask to leave) and he just won't leave! It's frustrating!!

Anybody else had these issues?

I have a 100 babies challenge save, and I can say that the "dad" issue there is out of control.
    The dads seem to appear 24/7 outside of the door even if they have work, there isn't even an option to ask them to leave anymore, and it all begins when their baby turns into a toddler. They literally swarm the house like zombies, and there's no way to make them leave. I even tried to kill them by building a wall around them and they glitched out of it.
    I tried to put the "Private Dwelling" lot trait, but it doesn't change a thing. Locking the front door seems to help, but it doesn't make them leave. They literally stay there for days, waiting.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • MichlyntyresMichlyntyres Posts: 112 Member
    No, no mods at all. I also forgot to mention the maid will not go home unless she is dismissed. She just stands and does nothing, sometimes she doesn't even clean up.
  • MichlyntyresMichlyntyres Posts: 112 Member
    I discovered the cause of the mirror floor which reflects sky and mountains, it was the disco floor. When I removed that, the mirrow disappeared.

Firstly, my sim will choose to stand in front of the tv to watch it, instead of automatically sitting on the sofa.
    Secondly, the father of my toddler (who doesn't live in my sims house, nor are they romantically involved) suddenly turns up at the apartment and doesn't leave. There is no action to get rid of him (ask to leave) and he just won't leave! It's frustrating!!

I have a 100 babies challenge save, and I can say that the "dad" issue there is out of control.
    The dads seem to appear 24/7 outside of the door even if they have work, there isn't even an option to ask them to leave anymore, and it all begins when their baby turns into a toddler. They literally swarm the house like zombies, and there's no way to make them leave. I even tried to kill them by building a wall around them and they glitched out of it.
    I tried to put the "Private Dwelling" lot trait, but it doesn't change a thing. Locking the front door seems to help, but it doesn't make them leave. They literally stay there for days, waiting.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Toddler-parent-living-in-different-household-not-leaving/m-p/5823789#U5823789
  • ImSoSciFiImSoSciFi Posts: 63 Member
    Hi! I don't know if someone mentioned this already, this post has too many pages. Anyway, I'm having a issue where my Sims are just stuck EVERY TIME my child sim has to go to school. The game time will keep going but I can't get my Sims to do anything. Eventually it unfreezes but that is just annoying to have to go through.

Also, my Sim toddler keeps getting stuck inbetween the space of the elevator in their apartment. Since the elevator is in the hall I can't get her out. Only solution is to travel with the toddler to another location and then coming back.

I'm currently repairing my game now so hopefully that helps.
    ImSoSciFi wrote: »
    Hi! I don't know if someone mentioned this already, this post has too many pages. Anyway, I'm having a issue where my Sims are just stuck EVERY TIME my child sim has to go to school. The game time will keep going but I can't get my Sims to do anything. Eventually it unfreezes but that is just annoying to have to go through.

Also, my Sim toddler keeps getting stuck inbetween the space of the elevator in their apartment. Since the elevator is in the hall I can't get her out. Only solution is to travel with the toddler to another location and then coming back.

I'm currently repairing my game now so hopefully that helps.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having the issue with the children. Other simmers are also having this same issue.

With the issue of your toddler getting stuck, try having your sims move out of the apartment then back in again and see if that helps.
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Toddler-parent-living-in-different-household-not-leaving/m-p/5823789#U5823789

Thanks @rosemow :)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor

Hello

Thanks @rosemow :)

You're welcome :)