Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So can we have a proper teenage life stage now pls?

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    v12creator wrote: »
    They are asking for a younger teenager with shorter heigh
    They're not going to change the height, because they'd have to redo all the teen animations
    And also, most people reach adult height during their teens. Short teens aren't all that common.
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    They are way too similar to YAs.
    that is what teens generally are irl, people who attend highschool are a lot like people who attend uni, so it makes sense for teens to be like young adults.

For me the jump between child and teen is the same as it was with baby to child. Its too big!!
    The jump from adult to elder is too big too. If they add in another child age, then they had better add in another older adult age.

Another problem is that teens almost got nothing what makes them different from YA/defines them as teens (except that they cannot woohoo adults).
    They go to school, and do homework.
    Pity about the woohoo, since a lot of teens do that irl, but I guess it wouldn't fit with the rating in all places if they did include it.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Look

This is not a game-real world relation here, Teens were diferent in previous games and people want similar gameplay here, sure it would be a different label, but that is the whole point so it doesnt need to re-do the already existing teen stage.
    jr73Y.gif

v12creator wrote: »
    Look
    at what? I don't see anything... was there supposed to be a pic?

This is not a game-real world relation here,
    inorite?
    A lot of people are wanting realistic play... I just want vampires.

• Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    edited January 2017
    The teens are like 17-19 looking right now, I would prefer the old teens who looked like 13-16. And who did more than just "homework" and "school", they behaved differently than adults too.
    I dont care if real teenagers are apperently like adults for some irl. I know I was not and all my classmates were not either, I want normal teens as I know them from my teenage years and as I know them from ts2 and ts3 in this game. And to be honest, in the end I dont care how its in real life! I am not a realism kind of player anyway.

The generations EP gave them a lot in ts3, so I hope for the same in ts4. A stage between child and teen would be fine to me too.
    I dont see the Adult and Elder stage as a big step.

Its just what I wish for, if you like the current ones, thats good!

I am also excited for vampires! :)

edit: I want to add that the heigh isnt that much of a problem for me, but the way they act. They are "too mature" right now. Need to be a bit more immature than the YA imo. :) Why not let them play voidcritters still or things like that. I think that would be fun.
    Post edited by Keks_Milch on
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    A lot of people are wanting realistic play... I just want vampires.

I am just explaining the request for "Pre-teens" is not exactly tied to how age and size work on a real person, its just a specific type of gameplay people want based on previous iterations of thesims. Its not exactly "realism", its just gameplay,really.
    jr73Y.gif

• lumossimslumossims Posts: 100 Member
    I think pre-teens would be an excellent addition to the TS4, I think its about time as the game series goes on that we should be getting more life stages and theres so much that can be added to pre-teens that is different to normal teens,
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Toddlers have arrived and everybody is in love as they present not only a unique life stage; but one many feel an importance to family dynamic.

Toddlers have, if nothing else shown how each life stage is not equal and now truly how broken the teenager life stage is (as a simple cookie cutter of the adult life stage).

No this is not a height issue, because regardless if you were taller then your mother at 14 - you still LOOKED, behaved and dressed like a teenager. The teenagers in the Sims 4 DO NOT act, look or have unique animations or interactions (besides do homework) that define them as anything else other then a young adult life stage.

But teenagers are NOT young adults, not only by legal definition but by mental development and social interaction.

As a life stage itself there are so many unique elements to it and for example why so many people hated being in highschool vs adulthood. Or relive their teenage years as glory days. Yet none of those elements are present for Sim teenagers to experience. With the addition of emotions I truly do see a lost opportunity here for the Maxis team to explore the teenage life stage for the Sims 4.

Plus outside of CAS I'm hard pressed to tell teenagers apart from adults and (while YES) a shorter height would help here - more then anything I feel unique interactions, animations, social cues and emotional based animations would do more to make them stand out.

While I understand that the Sims 4 team wanted to save on resources and the idea of cross sharing clothes makes sense, teenagers I believe SHOULD have unique clothing options too (at least that represent some clothing unique to their life stage). Take a basic school uniform, if I dress a Sims 4 teen in it and a Sims 4 adult - they look near identical - thats fine but you don't see adults walking down the street in school uniforms - unlike teenagers. So locking a unique outfit or uniform to a life stage does make sense and no is not some kind of "restriction" either (plus cheats could unlock them too) anymore then unique outfits for toddlers or children are.

Outside of that I feel unique interactions, behaviors and animations (beyond pranks - but things like playing with the fridge door in Sims 2) that make teenagers as UNIQUE in the sims 4 as toddlers - well I'd like to see that happen now pls.

Please make teenagers great again! :wink:

But but, I love how the teenagers are now. to me they are perfect, so please don't listen, EA.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member

But but, I love how the teenagers are now. to me they are perfect, so please don't listen, EA.

But, but they are literally cookie-cutter adults right now. They certainly don't look like teens, act like teens or have teen life events. The only thing that can't do that adults can is woohoo and theres even a non-woohoo interaction for that (cuddle or whatever its called).

Its literally like Maxis said ok, lets just make a copy of adult sims as a "stand in" until we have time to actually work on them...then realized they had no budget or real time frame to do so before release...I mean look at the toddle issue. It took them TWO years of scrapping together resources on the side to make them lol.

Assuming they don't improve teenagers (although I hope we at least get prom, ect) in the sims 4 in a more drastic way as I'm requesting, I do expect we will see "true teenagers" in the Sims 5 - to "make up" for the lack of teenagers in the Sims 4 lol.

As for pre-teens, I kinda doubt they would add ANOTHER life stage at this point.
  • TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member

But, but they are literally cookie-cutter adults right now. They certainly don't look like teens, act like teens or have teen life events. The only thing that can't do that adults can is woohoo and theres even a non-woohoo interaction for that (cuddle or whatever its called).

Its literally like Maxis said ok, lets just make a copy of adult sims as a "stand in" until we have time to actually work on them...then realized they had no budget or real time frame to do so before release...I mean look at the toddle issue. It took them TWO years of scrapping together resources on the side to make them lol.

Assuming they don't improve teenagers (although I hope we at least get prom, ect) in the sims 4 in a more drastic way as I'm requesting, I do expect we will see "true teenagers" in the Sims 5 - to "make up" for the lack of teenagers in the Sims 4 lol.

As for pre-teens, I kinda doubt they would add ANOTHER life stage at this point.

Why doubt it? We doubted toddlers but they came.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited January 2017
    TayTayGee wrote: »
    Why doubt it? We doubted toddlers but they came.

Not because they can't (as proven by toddlers) but rather because it might seem like an excessive life stage and making the current teen life stage redundant since its basically young adult - rather it would make more sense to rebuild the teenager life stage or replace it I suppose.

More then anything the community never asked for a pre-teen life stage like they did toddlers, so I see Maxis having little reason to build another life stage for free if theres no demand. Updating a CURRENT life stage even drastically changing it though, well that kind of patching is done all the time.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    If anything the teen stage should be the most in depth lifestage of all of them. At that age they start having a mind of their own, first of all their height needs to be adjusted, they need their own clothing, and experiences. They should have acne, guys awkward voice changes, girls that time of the month, sneaking out the house to go to wild parties, gossip, crushes, school dances, pranks exclusive to them, several different actions of annoyance and embarrassment. They could have so much potential if they focus on the base game. Every life stage should be a full, new experience that add's layers to gameplay. Maybe a generations EP will do that for all the lifestages..perhaps.
    Jerrello wrote: »
    first of all their height needs to be adjusted
    Why?
    they need their own clothing
    Why?
    and experiences.
    Yes.
    They should have acne,
    Yes, especially if theyr'e tense a lot (stress related acne)
    guys awkward voice changes, girls that time of the month,
    Not too keen on these two.
    sneaking out the house to go to wild parties, gossip, crushes, school dances, pranks exclusive to them, several different actions of annoyance and embarrassment.
    Yes.

The only teen specific clothing there needs to be is a school blazer, other than school uniforms, most teens dress much the same as uni students.

But stuff like acne, optional curfews, school dances and teen drama, would all fit with the game.

A lot of the stuff to make teens unique could probably be added in just a tiny patch

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    actually teens aren't cookie-cutter adults.. teens can't fight with YAs and can't woohoo with them either. If they were cookie-cutter adults..both would be able to happen.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Actually A lot of people want Preteens I mean it's all because of the survey I wouldn't of known nothing about Preteens until the survey brought it to my attention and since the teens are more mature in this game than the previous I don't see why Preteens will not make it and that's the thing Preteens are something new for the game in my opinion and it will be exciting for the game.
    edited January 2017
    Why?
    Why?
    and experiences.
    Yes.
    They should have acne,
    sneaking out the house to go to wild parties, gossip, crushes, school dances, pranks exclusive to them, several different actions of annoyance and embarrassment.
    Yes.

The only teen specific clothing there needs to be is a school blazer, other than school uniforms, most teens dress much the same as uni students.

But stuff like acne, optional curfews, school dances and teen drama, would all fit with the game.

A lot of the stuff to make teens unique could probably be added in just a tiny patch

The height needs to be adjusted so we can tell them apart from other sims.

They need their own clothing because let's face it, many of us wouldn't dare wear the trends that were in when we were teens. Sims 2/3 had their own clothes and it's not fair that the teens don't get separate clothing. It's lazy for them to just share clothes with adults.

The guy's having awkward voice changing and girls receiving their cycle would be more realistic, not to mention would make people feel like their sims are starting to grow up. The voice changing could happen at random times making male sims embarressed..something that would take place for a few days. For girls players would get one notification at any random time..at home, out with friends, or a school dance that their cycle started and could get the embarressed Moodlet..or excited depending on the sim..not something you have to constantly attend to but for many women that's something you don't forget. I think it's a subtle way to let players know their sims are starting to mature into young adults.
    Why?
    Why?
    and experiences.
    Yes.
    They should have acne,
    Yes.

They need their own clothing because let's face it, many of us wouldn't dare wear the trends that were in when we were teens. Sims 2/3 had their own clothes and it's not fair that the teens don't get separate clothing. It's lazy for them to just share clothes with adults.

The guy's having awkward voice changing and girls receiving their cycle would be more realistic, not to mention would make people feel like their sims are starting to grow up. The voice changing could happen at random times making male sims embarressed..something that would take place for a few days. For girls players would get one notification at any random time..at home, out with friends, or a school dance that their cycle started and could get the embarressed Moodlet..or excited depending on the sim..not something you have to constantly attend to but for many women that's something you don't forget. I think it's a subtle way to let players know their sims are starting to mature into young adults.

The voice changing would be funny but the cycle honestly I don't think that's a good approach for the game that's a little too personal and a touchy topic.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Why?
    Why?
    and experiences.
    Yes.
    They should have acne,
    Yes.

The voice changing would be funny but the cycle honestly I don't think that's a good approach for the game that's a little too personal and a touchy topic.

I don't see why when there is breastfeeding along with an interaction. The cycle I'm referring to would just simply be one notification you receive at any random time as a teen to let you know their growing up. Nothing touchy about it's a natural part of life.
    Why?
    Why?
    and experiences.
    Yes.
    They should have acne,
    Yes.

I don't see why when there is breastfeeding along with an interaction. The cycle I'm referring to would just simply be one notification you receive at any random time as a teen to let you know their growing up. Nothing touchy about it's a natural part of life.

Yes it is natural you are right but by me saying touchy because of the rating of the game.
  • TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    Why not height adjustment for ALL SIMS? Not just teens.
    edited January 2017
    Why?
    Why?
    and experiences.
    Yes.
    They should have acne,
    Yes.

Yes it is natural you are right but by me saying touchy because of the rating of the game.

Well it isn't an E for everyone game. It's actually for teens and older. So if anything I would say it's right up their alley. I'm simply suggesting a one time notification not an interaction. There's content in the game far more grown up than that.
    Why?
    Why?
    and experiences.
    Yes.
    They should have acne,
    Yes.

Well it isn't an E for everyone game. It's actually for teens and older. So if anything I would say it's right up their alley. I'm simply suggesting a one time notification not an interaction. There's content in the game far more grown up than that.

Well we can agree to disagree than? I stated my reasons, you've stated yours, we'll just see.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    @Jerrello breastfeeding isn't Mrated unlike something else. And much like the petion for toddlers for the last 2 years since Sims 2 their been mods for breastfeeding since everyone doesn't like giving their babies fourmlas.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AndremiAndremi Posts: 71 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sims 2 teens were perfect to me. I played them when I was around 14 myself and i thought they were relateable. Sims 4 teens look 18-25 to me, just adults who are weirdly skinny. I dont really feel like we need that, when we already have young adults... I feel like teens should be 13-16 if theyre supposed to cover teens as an age range. I realize youre a teen when you are 18 and 19 too, but that age was covered by young adult in previous games.. Like in university n all?
    Why?
    Why?
    and experiences.
    Yes.
    They should have acne,
    Yes.

Well we can agree to disagree than? I stated my reasons, you've stated yours, we'll just see.

Yeah let's do that.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Jerrello breastfeeding isn't Mrated unlike something else. And much like the petion for toddlers for the last 2 years since Sims 2 their been mods for breastfeeding since everyone doesn't like giving their babies fourmlas.

That's exactly my point. Lol It isn't Mrated and neither is the notification I'm suggesting.