Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    When you're reading a book review that says this:

RfESjG6.jpg

And you think to yourself, "Not ALL of us have menace and heartache, suspense and wonder....."
    Oh wait, nevermind. It's a verb. :blush:
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    You buy a 1TB SSD specifically for The Sims and mods for The Sims. :grimace:
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    When your avatar on your computer and your desktop wallpaper are both screenshots from your Sims game.
    vJkHaAG.jpg
    S0PtPVc.png

If you look closely at my desktop, you’ll even see that most of the folders are Sims-related :D
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »

I'm looking into getting one, too. :D Right now, I have a 120 gb ssd and am worried about running out of room. :#
  • TeenWolf_1999TeenWolf_1999 Posts: 498 Member
    When you steal money from your parents to complete Sims 3 Packs.
    Hey don't mad at me.I have spent this entire year by studying cause someone has to enter university exam y'know.After next week is over ı will have nothing to do so ı'm looking forward to play Sims 3 with its packs again but this time as original.And it is just 10 dollar nothing really important :P
    VaguePepperyAmericancrayfish-max-1mb.gif
    Steam:Quanode
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    When your avatar on your computer and your desktop wallpaper are both screenshots from your Sims game.
    vJkHaAG.jpg
    S0PtPVc.png

If you look closely at my desktop, you’ll even see that most of the folders are Sims-related :D

HaHa

looks like mine :blush:

Love that sim in the green, yellow top and blue jeans B)

you know your a sim addict when you start trying to use the same pattern in your home for real :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    @marcel21 haha, I’m glad you enjoyed my post :) FYI, the Sims on my desktop are my Simmified versions of characters from another game called Stardew Valley. I just adore that game, and I’m really happy with how they turned out in Sims :>
    YKl76a9.jpg

Alex (green and yellow jacket) is my favourite too <3
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    @marcel21 haha, I’m glad you enjoyed my post :) FYI, the Sims on my desktop are my Simmified versions of characters from another game called Stardew Valley. I just adore that game, and I’m really happy with how they turned out in Sims :>
    YKl76a9.jpg

Alex (green and yellow jacket) is my favourite too <3

You did a brilliant job B)

Alex especially.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    When you pull your just washed clothes out of a dryer in the building's laundry room IRL only to find that they are just as wet as when they went in, and your first inclination is to complain to the management company that they should have gone for the more expensive models in Build/Buy Mode. :angry:
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    When you love looking through and showing off pics of your sims more than you do your real life pics.

When you look at a 4 year old and try to determine if she is considered a child yet and a 12 year old and similarly try to determine if she would be considered a teen yet.

When you actually say that your bladder level is going into the red to your mother.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    When you walk out to your mailbox, on the concrete pathway, barefoot because that's what you always do.....
    Only to find that your feet are burning because the hot summer sun was heating up the walkway and then you think, "This must be how the firewalk feels on the Sims 3!" :lol:

My poor feet though... :persevere:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When people are trying to decide whether to fly to Europe or Thailand this summer, you consider whether to take your simmies to Monte Vista or to Isla Paradiso this year.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    When you waste embarrassing amounts of time repeatedly trying to "Login as a Steam Customer" not understanding why this isn't working and then suddenly you remember that what you were trying to do was check your bill with the local utility company. I am not what they call a Steam Customer, that service for energy provision isn't even available in my area.

How dare they give it the same name as the platform on which my TS3 game is installed and trick me into trying to login that way? :s
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nyx_NightmareNyx_Nightmare Posts: 57 Member
    When someone really makes you angry and you wish you could literally delete the door to their bedroom forever....

Then you realize that you need a break from Sims 3 because it's turning you crazy XD
    I am that one player in D&D that will ALWAYS roll 1s on Stealth, especially when I'm a Rogue :(
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    When you waste embarrassing amounts of time repeatedly trying to "Login as a Steam Customer" not understanding why this isn't working and then suddenly you remember that what you were trying to do was check your bill with the local utility company. I am not what they call a Steam Customer, that service for energy provision isn't even available in my area.

How dare they give it the same name as the platform on which my TS3 game is installed and trick me into trying to login that way? :s

giphy.gif

BEST ONE EVER
  • mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    When the largest percentage of web browser bookmarks are Sims related.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    When you've just arrived at a restaurant, you're supposed to be reading the menu and deciding what you want (and, you know, being social or something), and suddenly you just cannot concentrate, because you could swear the song that's playing is from TS3. But it sounds wrong somehow—that's clearly not Simlish! Are you imagining things? Maybe you just played too long last night, and it's starting to show. But the music sounds right, when you can hear it over the noise of the other diners. So you go back and forth on this for the duration of the song, totally ignoring the menu and whatever conversation you're supposed to participate in, and all you want to do is to tell everyone in the whole restaurant to just shut up for a minute so you can listen.

By the way, it was in fact a song from TS3, specifically "Manos al Aire," which came with WA. I finally got a good enough impression of the chorus to be sure. But I'm guessing that the version that played in the restaurant wasn't in Simlish.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you do housework and longingly think of a djinn.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    When you think of someone you don't like and getting them alien pregrant. :)
    :) Smile!

mycami21 wrote: »
    When the largest percentage of web browser bookmarks are Sims related.

^This so much!!! I have 2 folders full of sites that are bookmarked. One is titled "Sims3CC" for cc that I've come across but not downloaded and one is "SimsHelp" because, well, sims 3 needs help. :D
    When you are heading home from grocery shopping and you think to yourself you want to grow your own vegetables and actually mentally clicked it to promise the wish to myself. SMH hahahaha.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited July 2018
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    Emily4331 wrote: »

I'm looking into getting one, too. :D Right now, I have a 120 gb ssd and am worried about running out of room. :#

I'm going four terabyte. As a photographer in RL, I am tending to go a little nuts on screencaps so I need a place to keep all my Sims stuff as well as my RL photography. :(
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer wow! 4 tb. I would never use that much space!
    I've seen a few of your pics and they're awesome! I've always wanted to take photography classes and learn how to use the more complicated cameras.
    On the subject of drives, I've decided to not get a larger ssd and give my 1 tb hdd a go. The sims program files are installed on the hdd, but I decided to redirect my documents folder to my hdd. I haven't played since moving the document folder, but have been downloading and installing store content. I must say, I am extremely impressed with how fast things download and install on the hdd. Noticeably faster than the ssd. I can't wait to see how it plays.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Odanata68, I taught myself, I've never been to formal classes in photography. My first DSLR was a Nikon D50, then I upgraded to the Nikon D300s when I outgrew it. A lot of learning is getting hands-on with the camera and getting out and shooting. And eventually you develop the reflexes to capture shots like this:

_DSC5474.jpg

As far as I know. SSDs are really only useful for putting the main program on as well as your operating systems and the player files should always go on a different hard drive. My SSD (when I get it will only be for the operating system and a few programs that I use a lot (namely Photoshop and Premiere Elements, Lightroom, and a few more...that I can't rattle off the top of my head.

I've always enjoyed photography; and my D300s tends to deliver large .NEF files (they contain all the color information in the file...and thus can be manipulated a lot more readily than .JPG files.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    So this isn't a funny one (Well not to me at least lol) but it definitely goes into this category! As some of you may have noticed, I take a billion pictures of my sims and have the Palmer legacy going. I am like in love with this family, it is sad. Anyway, I decided to make a slideshow of the pictures from the beginning. I actually purchased the full version of Windows Movie Maker instead of just the free version. That's right, I spent $30 on this project so far. Well, no.. I bought songs to go along with it as well. I am pathetic. I want to share it with other people but there is not gonna be anyone who can watch it and actually give a crap about them and it makes me sad. But I do go back and watch it myself, and I just recently did and I kinda teared up when I saw Adam, who just recently died in my game.

So yeah, I am an addict.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top