Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Silvakristiina I can definitely relate to the last one, especially when I return from playing Sims 4 for a while. Sims 3 will always be my home game.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    When I was out shopping this weekend I caught myself thinking that the hair of checker of one of the stores I was at would make a great Sims hair...
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @MoonandStars83 Recently I saw shop assistants in two different stores who had the same hairstyles as two of my CC hairs. I almost said something but bit my lip because I didn't want to be seen as a silly old woman ;)
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    When you watch Eurovision Song Contest and all you think is creating a Sim version of a good looking singer(who am I kidding singers* there are so much Sim potential this year!).
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @ItsJanier Do you know about Simsovision?
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    ZeeGee wrote: »

No I haven't heard about Simsovision @ZeeGee ? But now I wanna hear ALL about it! :smiley:
    Hmmm, maybe simmers don't know about it. I was wondering why it's not more popular. I'm gonna start a new thread and I'll tag you.
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    edited May 2018
    ust5yIz.jpg

When you see this and think, "If I stuck my arm down there, I might find some treasure!"
  • ShaThompShaThomp Posts: 17 Member
    When you see houses in other games and try to recreate them
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    When your nightmares include the sounds of an error 12 being issued,

And you occasionally start nodding off to the sims loading music....

...only to realise the sims isn't even on and your head was the one playing the sims' music as you slowly slipped off.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    One of my lecturers at uni is named Fiona. Today my friend and I were talking about her, and I momentarily forgot her last name. While I was trying to remember it, my brain filled it in with “Fiona McIrish”. Thanks @Nikkei_Simmer :tongue:

The other thing my brain came up with was “Fiona Stanley”, which is the name of a nearby hospital. Her last name is neither of those :D
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    One of my lecturers at uni is named Fiona. Today my friend and I were talking about her, and I momentarily forgot her last name. While I was trying to remember it, my brain filled it in with “Fiona McIrish”. Thanks @Nikkei_Simmer :tongue:

The other thing my brain came up with was “Fiona Stanley”, which is the name of a nearby hospital. Her last name is neither of those :D

That is hilarious :lol:
    When you have a Sims playlist on your phone for music you've discovered in game or in machinimas. Included, but not limited to, Gobba Bweezie from UL, Cascade and Home by Deluka, pretty much anything from the electronica channel, etc., etc.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Happened to me today:
    When you go to the mall and hear the song "bom bom" from IP in one store, and you think - hey I thought i am the only one who know this song!
    Also when you see a store named "Garbo" and you initially wonder if that's a merge of "Glis-Carbo"
    (The answer is no, it's a short for "garbonim"=leggings , 'cause that's what's sold there...)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    When you stare at all the houses that go past while riding in the car and wonder if you can recreate it in the game.

Haha, that is so true! :lol:

Haha me to lol

sometimes when I'm on the bus, I'm constantly looking at housing and wonder if I could build them in the sims 3 :blush:
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    When you stare at all the houses that go past while riding in the car and wonder if you can recreate it in the game.
    I even take pictures sometimes and use those :p

I just use Google Earth. :D

HaHa.

I tried that once.

it is neat seeing buildings in parts of the world you never saw before B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    When you get a new phone and the first thing you do is check out the Sims Forum on it and look for Sims stuff to add on said phone
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    When in real life you start singing the songs your Sims learn on vacation!
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Wonder what a real life persons traits would be

Yes!!! I do this all the time. “Let’s see if this person were a Sim I’d give them these traits...”

• Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    When you pay £50 or thereabouts for Sims 4, it takes like THREE days to download (no clue what went wrong there) you play it for a couple of months, and then don't touch it again and go back to Sims 3 with never a sigh of regret.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    When you pay £50 or thereabouts for Sims 4, it takes like THREE days to download (no clue what went wrong there) you play it for a couple of months, and then don't touch it again and go back to Sims 3 with never a sigh of regret.
    It's often kind of sad when that happens with a game series. The brilliant, very re-playable, and totally fascinating immersive game I played for years before TS3 was its first version and they came out with a v2. I needed a new computer at the time to run it, which I needed for other reasons anyway, so after holding back for a bit was all excited to finally get to play the new v2. Bleh, didn't like it at all. But I didn't want to go back to v1 because over the years I had already done everything I was ever really going to do with that one. So as long as I've kind of accidentally met all reasonable requirements for TS3 along the way, let's give this thing a try...

Weeks may go by where I don't really get to play for real life reasons, but now coming up on seven years later I can't see ever running out of fun things to do with this game. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Screenshot-42.jpg
    When you spend 3 hrs creating a military uniform because you want to see just how good your sims look in it. (Royal Canadian Navy CADPAT fatigues).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Igazor Now I gotta know which game you were playing that you needed the new computer for. :p

I had to buy a new computer to run TS3 and 10 years later it's still running strong! :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • aria2345aria2345 Posts: 33 Member
    when it's almost ten years later and you're still fighting the fools fight to make the game run on your computer. #truestory
    Check out my Legacy Blog! I'm not much of a writer- but I think I'm funny. Though- humor is subjective. :)
    viridivalues.weebly.com
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Igazor Now I gotta know which game you were playing that you needed the new computer for.
    Don't be too excited, it's not a game that would have appealed to everyone unless they like Civilization types of games and a lot of math. You got to choose one out of 160 or whatever (real) countries to play and manage its social, political, and economic development from 1826 to just before WWII would have started (so 1935). I might be a bit fuzzy on the dates now. Many of those countries were impossible to develop properly as their population and resources just weren't there, others could be surprising success stories and become world leaders with a lot of work and attention. I knew I had reached the end of what I was going to do with that game when not only was my (never would be in the real world) country # 1, but half the seats at the Big Table of the Eight world powers and a handful of the middle powers in the next tier were my sock puppets/vassals. Destroying the evolution of the US along the way, not by killing everyone off but by dividing it up into eight separate disjointed colonies during and after its own Civil War, was half the fun.

It wasn't very graphics oriented in v1, more like constantly analyzing maps and ever-changing sets of numbers and reacting to them. The inevitable wars were all about numbers as well, not gore and blood on the screen.

The game was called Victoria, by Paradox Interactive. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top