Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    I think I would need some kind of ratings to show that, you know, something showing opposite traits and which one I'm closer to. Otherwise I would have to "cut" some of the traits in halves :)
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When you look at a wall at your house and feel the urge to drag it with the green arrow so it would be with a straight line with the wall near it, but you can't, because you're in real life...
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    When you look at a wall at your house and feel the urge to drag it with the green arrow so it would be with a straight line with the wall near it, but you can't, because you're in real life...

@Avatarit I have the same thing. My real life house can sometimes be an architectural nightmare. My bathroom is too big and the adjacent bedroom is too small. The problem: it involves moving a wall and a bathtub.

In the sims this is a 10 second fix. In real life it is a 2-3 day fix.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you read a book and immediatly begin to plan the sims you want to create after the characters.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    @Waterdragon, several years ago I read all four books from The Sisterhood Of Traveling Pants series and now I want to visualize the main characters using TS3 CAS tool :lol: Thanks for the inspiration!
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    When you look at the clock at 1:00 a.m. and think, "I'll just play a bit longer . . ." and the next thing you know it is 5:00 a.m.!!! (This was me last night as one of my Sims in Lucky Palms has been doing Adventures).

I certainly know this one. Last night, while playing Sims 3 I looked up at my wall clock and saw it was 3:00 am. I'd been playing since 8:30.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    ...when you camp out on TSR and spend 3-4 hrs downloading "hair". :(

l spend hours "Shopping" on TSR too. When I'm not doing that I'm playing Sims 3 or thinking about playing.
    dogdancer wrote: »
    ...when you camp out on TSR and spend 3-4 hrs downloading "hair". :(

l spend hours "Shopping" on TSR too. When I'm not doing that I'm playing Sims 3 or thinking about playing.

When you don't really have the time for a normal play, so you do other sims-related stuff.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    When you make jokes your friends don't understand ...
    "That girl must be a 100 baby challenger, and trying to score record time".

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    dogdancer wrote: »
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    When you look at the clock at 1:00 a.m. and think, "I'll just play a bit longer . . ." and the next thing you know it is 5:00 a.m.!!! (This was me last night as one of my Sims in Lucky Palms has been doing Adventures).

I certainly know this one. Last night, while playing Sims 3 I looked up at my wall clock and saw it was 3:00 am. I'd been playing since 8:30.

8:30 AM or PM? ;)

Way back in the 90's when Sim City was first released, early in the morning I had gone and donated blood then stopped by the Mac store and bought a copy of Sim City. Then I went home and installed it and thought I'd play a couple of rounds. Next thing, the room was getting all dark and I was kind of dizzy. It was nightfall, I'd been sitting there for 11 or 12 hours straight, never got up to eat or drink or even go to the bathroom.
  • queenproteaqueenprotea Posts: 14 New Member
    When you're sitting in class staring into the void and mentally planning out plot beats for generation 9 of a legacy you haven't started yet. That also may be the writer in me, but I prefer to believe it's the simmer. :p
  • Katie_LouKatie_Lou Posts: 29 Member
    When your other half comes home from work and asks how your sims are before he asks how you are, because he knows your priorities!
    "Language is wine upon the lips." —Virginia Woolf
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    When you hate that your kid is missing school because they are sick not just because they are missing out on learning, but because...
    You know that chances are you aren't Simming today. :cry:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited January 2018
    When you create an excel sheet just to schedule the store daily deal that you hunt for ages...
    Post edited by Avatarit on
    When you have dreams about sims. No, not only about yourself playing TS as a game. Last night I had a dream about Fatima Simovitch killing her husband and her daughter. I have no idea why this family, I have never played them. Weird. And kind of disturbing :neutral:
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @gerefteast Oh no! Don't tell @CravenLestat that story! He LOOOOVVVESSS Betty! LOL
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
    edited February 2018
    @MamaSimTee, it was YOU who mentioned CravenLestat here, not me :lol:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @MamaSimTee You beat me to mentioning Craven! :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    when your own internal autocorrect starts applying sims-specific tweaks to everything else you read.

I just saw an article with a header that mentioned a Silicon Valley (metaphorical) landgrab, and I thought, no, there are 3 a's, not two, and come on, why can't you capitalize a last name like a proper adult.

Even now, as I proofread my post, there's something about that word that just looks wrong...
    When you read about celebrity couple and their ancestry, and about their kids, and you just think to yourself "what a lovely family tree! and their genetics!" Waiting up to recreate them in game.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I just like busting @CravenLestat chops. :)
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    When the Superbowl party is at YOUR house and you sneak off to the bedroom to sim... :tongue:
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    @Katie_Lou omg a significant other who gets your sims obsession? Where did you find that person? And do they have a sibling, preferably male?? Lmao
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    When the Superbowl party is at YOUR house and you sneak off to the bedroom to sim... :tongue:

@ZeeGee Guess what I'm doing right now? Although I can hear the TV in the background... but not to worry, the earbuds are going right back in any minute now.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »

@ZeeGee Guess what I'm doing right now? Although I can hear the TV in the background... but not to worry, the earbuds are going right back in any minute now.

@puzzlezaddict :D I can hear the TV and the screams of everyone watching, They haven’t missed me yet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top