Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    You know you're a TS3 addict when your heart drops into your stomach when you see a MS Win update and wonder WHAT IS THIS THING GOING TO DO TO MY GAME!!!!????

I kept snoozing the last update, but one morning I sat at my computer to play Sims. The screen was black until:
    Computer: Hello.
    Me: NOOOOOOO!!!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    You know you're a TS3 addict when your heart drops into your stomach when you see a MS Win update and wonder WHAT IS THIS THING GOING TO DO TO MY GAME!!!!????

That's my thought every single time.

I think my recent moment of addiction was when my Husband said he would be working longer hours for a while and my first thought was "More peace for Sims 3" :p
  • ktorres08ktorres08 Posts: 14 New Member
    When you literally wake up in the middle of the night and are so excited to play the Sims. Play for a couple hours, then go back to sleep. Get up early for work the next day, tired but happy :p
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    When your cat says he's hungry and you reply, "I already fed you, really, it's right there!" ::points to screen::

Alternately, when your cat says he's hungry and you could have sworn you already fed him dinner, but then you realize no, he's asking for breakfast.

Sorry little guy, I'll try to do better. Right after my sim gets this promotion, hang on, it'll just take a sec...
  • SaviourofpotatoesSaviourofpotatoes Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2017
    When someone doesn't get why you'd play a game where you follow out a "normal" life style so you spew out all of your sinister story lines and they look at you like you're a psychopath so you think "If you were a Sim, I would kill you." Thus making you realise just how truly great the game is.

Supporting passive aggressive life styles since year 2000 yo' *throws up sim gang sign*
    Post edited by Saviourofpotatoes on
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    When someone doesn't get why you'd play a game where you follow out a "normal" life style so you spew out all of your sinister story lines and they look at you like you're a psychopath so you think "If you were a Sim, I would kill you." Thus making you realise just how truly great the game is.

Supporting passive aggressive life styles since year 2000 yo' *throws up sim gang sign*

@Saviourofpotatoes ^Oh my gosh that was hilarious! :joy:

You know, I find it fun to play out my sims lives making them do things I would NEVER EVER do! It's so entertaining! :p
    And strangely therapeutic... :confused:

:p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    edited December 2017
    I passed on going out for drinks with some friends tonight so I could get some simming in!

Just came off of a hectic semester and wanted some time to decompress. Every time I thought I'd have some time to play (for the past 2 weeks) something has come up. I just wanted a bit of time to myself--and my sims!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Go out to get some errands done and your mind when you're not in the car driving, is on Sims 3. wondering what your Sims will do next when you get on. (I don't let myself get distracted behind the wheel: too much at stake).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    When you spend more time decorating your sims home for Christmas than you do your own.
  • CheyTheHumanCheyTheHuman Posts: 56 Member
    > @Avatarit said:
    > When you create a sim based on your dream guy, and then fall in love with your sim :lol:

Happened to me a couple times. ;)

When you get REALLY attached to your Sims to the point where you want to make their lives as happy as you can.
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    when you're playing sims 4 but thinking about how much better sims 3 is
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    When you see a building or character in any other game and your first thought is to take a bunch of screenshots to remake them in The Sims. :tongue:
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    RodJohn wrote: »
    I passed on going out for drinks with some friends tonight so I could get some simming in!

Just came off of a hectic semester and wanted some time to decompress. Every time I thought I'd have some time to play (for the past 2 weeks) something has come up. I just wanted a bit of time to myself--and my sims!

@RodJohn I hear you when it comes to hectic semesters. I'm halfway through my 3rd year of accounting school, and this semester was rough. But the good news is I just finished finals and looks like I got good grades. There will be plenty of simming to recuperate. <3
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    When you spend more time decorating your sims home for Christmas than you do your own.

@Bessieboo I love it. My sims got their Christmas tree up. Decorate your house and have some Christmas cookies. ;)

My real life house had accumulated some clutter over the past few weeks so I went on a "cleaning frenzy" (A term from TS4) and took care of it. I feel accomplished!
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    RodJohn wrote: »

So true, I have a day off from work tommorow, after a hectic few months, and I don't want to travel or go shopping or meet a friend - for these I can take two hours on a regular day (on weekends I can't usually play too), so if i'm finally gonna have so many free hours I just want a full day of quiet and relaxing simming. Better than a spa.
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    In general, when you live in a not-so-clean-and-organized surroundings, but busy with remodeling and decorating your sims' house to the max.

• SaviourofpotatoesSaviourofpotatoes Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2017
    When you're in work about to make a cup of tea and you zone out for a small while staring at your cup before actually making the beverage but you still shout at your Sims when they do the same in-game. Aren't we all sims, really?
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    When you start calling your Sims by name, out loud, while playing.
    "David, where are you?"
    "Martin, what are you doing? Stop that!"
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    When you have a document on your phone that you write down every cool name you hear cause that would be a good sim name
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    When you need to think about TS3 for asleep yourself.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    When you start calling your Sims by name, out loud, while playing.
    "David, where are you?"
    "Martin, what are you doing? Stop that!"

@TinySpaceFox I've been doing that for years! :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you spend a ridiculous amount of time searching for names on various websites, to give your sim the "right" name. You also never use a name twice.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    When you realize that the screen door in the movie "Meet Me in St. Louis" looks like the Simpler Times Screen Door from the Now and Then Mansion and seriously think about building the house. :smiley:
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    When you keep banging your head against a wall trying to figure out a way to create THIS:

CommanderCaptainsCapRender.jpg

So your Sims won't have to wear a crummy non-naval hat like this:

Screenshot-44.jpg
    Recoloring doesn't do a Navy uniform justice. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    When your cat chews through your good headphones (again) and your first thought is, "Now how do I play the Sims? I'm certainly not going to use the cheap earbuds that came with my phone!" ::shudder::
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    When you're at Wizarding World in Universal, but you keep thinking about going back to your hotel room and playing your wizard sim.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top