Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,118 Member
    When you go to Comic Con with your own fashioned plumbob on top of your head, in the color of your choice, and that's your cosplay! :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    But... the game isn't really multi-player.

@Faerie197 What we mean is we play on one computer while our spouse plays on another computer right next to us. ;) Possibly on the same desk. :p
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    But... the game isn't really multi-player.

@Faerie197 What we mean is we play on one computer while our spouse plays on another computer right next to us. ;) Possibly on the same desk. :p

Yeah, I kind of figured something like that. And isn't it a bit sad that "family game night" has devolved from the family gathering together to play a board or card game together, to the family all playing different video games and just happen to be in the same room?
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.

Yeah, I kind of figured something like that. And isn't it a bit sad that "family game night" has devolved from the family gathering together to play a board or card game together, to the family all playing different video games and just happen to be in the same room?

@Faerie197 Somewhat...
    but hubby and I enjoy family game night that way because we're both geeks and...we were never much into board games anyway. :confused:
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    emorrill wrote: »

When your wife tells you she's pregnant but you don't remember hearing no chimes!
    :joy:

@emorrill Lol! And you get to play together with your husband? How FUN! I can't even get any of my friends interested. :neutral:
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    ...when you see those attraction hearts in another simmer´s pictures, and hear the jingle that normally accompanies them in your head.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    ...when you throw your moral compass completly out of the window, just to make your sim happy (meaning, said sim is now having an affair with a married man).

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    When you dream that you were sent an elixir in the mail and wake up disappointed you haven't got one!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2017
    You just find out that you can "woohoo in the mausoleum" and you tell your RL wife and she goes "Ewwwww". :D:mrgreen: Yes, she plays Sims too. :D Yay...grossed out my wife... My achievement of the day. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TPMoriartyTPMoriarty Posts: 55 Member
    When you get the notice that newly married sims cannot find a suitable house and you rush to build them one and make sure they have enough to buy it. Then get mad because they bought a house somewhere else.

Or you like your sim so much you cannot stand to see them age up and just keep playing them over and over and over.

And... when you realize the enormous amount of online hours you have played comes nowhere close to the offline hours played!
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    Working your plum off, still coming back to read the forum.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
    edited October 2017
    ...when you consider buying a really expensive architectural book, because it has so many floor plans.

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    TPMoriarty wrote: »
    When you get the notice that newly married sims cannot find a suitable house and you rush to build them one and make sure they have enough to buy it. Then get mad because they bought a house somewhere else.

Or you like your sim so much you cannot stand to see them age up and just keep playing them over and over and over.

And... when you realize the enormous amount of online hours you have played comes nowhere close to the offline hours played!

When you think about that you barely play recently so you don't consider yourself addicted, but you don't count the online forums-downloading CC-mods websites-store-blogs-youtube channels related to sims. But hey I barely play, I can stop whenever I want! :innocent:
    ...when you consider buying a really expensive architectural book, because it has so many floor plans.

@Waterdragon
    Ok I could really see myself doing that because I STINK at building and I need floor plans if I'm going to even attempt it! :lol:
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @emorril I could point you to a website that has a download of an old Victorian architect's portfolio. And it's free.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Mazakeen wrote: »
    -When You bring out a hammer, to change the battery in a smokealarm... (-Did this last night actually. 04.00 in the morning: *BEEEEEPEEEEEPEEEEEPEEEEEEPEEEEEP* My heart didn't deserve such an wakeupcall. At most it was expecting the wakeup from my cellphone at 07.00

When one of my sons was about 6 or 7 yrs old I saw him purposefully walk through the house with a joystick in one hand and a hammer in the other. I asked him what he planned to do. He said he was going to fix the joystick. He put it on the concrete floor in my laundry and whacked it once. Then was astonished that he had smashed it. There is still a dent in the laundry floor. He said, years later, that he had really thought he could fix it that way. That was long before The Sims had been invented.
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Avatarit, I can so relate!! Ever since school started back in August, I cannot find time to play :'( but I love to get on this forum every single day (it’s become part of my morning “me time” routine before I have to wake up the kids and get them ready for school) and read other players’ stories, make note of any mods/worlds I want to get when I get around to playing again.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    When your sim spends all day washing laundry, and THAT is what reminds you to wash your own piling up laundry.

Seriously, I have a sim household of 8 all age categories of child through adult. Only one of whom ever bothers to wash laundry (or clean up after them self). 8 bedrooms with full laundry hampers, 3 bathrooms with full hampers, 1 full hamper by the underground pool, plus 2 full hampers in the household's exercise room. In addition to various piles of cloths in the halls and living room. Between cooking supper, washing laundry, and cleaning the house the (much overworked) house wife in that household didn't have more then a few minutes in-game to herself. The family does have a Bonehilda coffin. But Bonehilda has apparently decided "enough is enough" and stopped cleaning up the various messes. She'll fix anything that breaks, but otherwise just downs blender made mixed drinks.

One of my Bonehildas stopped going into the house. This happened when she discovered hopscotch. Before her wonderful discovery she had gradually fine tuned her duties to training the dog. She'd train the dog until it was totally red and I was concerned it was about to die from exhaustion so I was a bit relieved when she transferred her attention to neverending hopscotch.

Bonehilda013.jpg

@emorril I could point you to a website that has a download of an old Victorian architect's portfolio. And it's free.

@MoonandStars83 Umm yes please! :smiley:
    You are speaking my language! ;) How did you know I LOVE Victorian style homes? :blush:
    (I'm guessing you remember me making mention of it). You're so sweet. <3
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    When your favorite tv show posts a floor plan of the main house in the show and you think "I can totally build that in the Sims". :D
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    I dreamt last night that my favourite male sim was dating my friend, I woke up feeling betrayed by my friend. :'(
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When you're feeling bummed so you go on a shopping spree. Only with simpoints....
    ...when you spend a while raking the leaves outside and the first thing that comes to your mind is, "It's taking me just as long to rake these leaves as they do in the Sims!" :wink:
  • equiiaddictequiiaddict Posts: 24 Member
    You're riding in a car passing houses and you think to yourself: "I can't wait to get home and try to recreate that house in Sims 3!"
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited October 2017
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    I dreamt last night that my favourite male sim was dating my friend, I woke up feeling betrayed by my friend. :'(

@Bessieboo LOL! Or similar, when you dream you're dating your sim and wake up feeling guilty for cheating on your husband. :)

ETA: Unless you're @Nikkei_Simmer that is

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top