Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    ...your games seem to have more 180 degree relationship turns than the Young and the Restless.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    When you're already on your college campus and class starts in 15 minutes but you're considering skipping to just go play sims in the library.
    Bad Cleo!
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    When you're already on your college campus and class starts in 15 minutes but you're considering skipping to just go play sims in the library.
    Bad Cleo!

Sims comes before many things but not school. Go to class! Your older self will thank you. :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    When your dad calls you up and asks "Have you checked the weather recently" because he doesn't know if you're aware of the seriously nasty storm headed your way, and your serious response is "Yeah, it's been raining pretty hard in Sunset Valley the last three days. The Spooky Day festival was ruined, and my cats are getting really nervous about all the lightning."

Made worse by the fact I'm allergic to cat fur, and my apartment has a 'no pets' policy. The only cats I have are in-game. My dad knows this.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    When you have a dreamabout using "testingcheatsenabled true" to delete objects like soda cans so you don't have to clean.

True story, I actually woke up with my arm out like I was clicking my mouse.I was like WTH XD
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Bad Cleo!

Sims comes before many things but not school. Go to class! Your older self will thank you. :kissing_heart:

I did end up going in the end, but it sure was tempting :p
  • Options
    When you're watching an episode of Riverdale (surprisingly good series) and you start wondering how the director of the series managed to record the events in Sunlit Tides while you were playing. Mostly because a lot of the drama seems to be duplicating things that are happening in your Sims 3 game.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    When you spend an hour and a half on TSR looking for "EYEBROWS!" ??? What the...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    When you make a new game just to answer the burning question of "how many times can one sim die in the course of a single day". The answer so far is 5. Meteor strike upon first showing up in town. Lightning strike while walking from the new meteor crater to the front door. Burned to death while cooking lunch. Electrocuted by the tv shortly after lunch. Then killed by the bed that evening. Mr Grim kept bringing Calico back to life because he was enjoying her mishaps so much.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Then killed by the bed that evening. Mr Grim kept bringing Calico back to life because he was enjoying her mishaps so much.

That should have been video'd. :D Poor Calico.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    I know, her calico cat Callie was just fine though. Was too busy laughing to take screen shots, and I didn't even consider recording the day since I didn't expect anything to happen on the first sim day.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited October 2017
    Bad Cleo!

@cleo00 That is so funny! I can't say I have ever seen someone playing sims on a college campus, but I have seen the sims 3 icon on the desktop of some neighboring peers. It is a great conversation starter :D . I never dared to play a video game during class, but I have seen some people do so, especially in a really really boring class.

Right now my laptop is a macbook air and I need an external drive to start TS3 :/ . It kind of defeats the purpose of having a laptop. I need a PC laptop with a built in cd drive. There is no excuse to not have a cd drive built in.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Right now my laptop is a macbook air and I need an external drive to start TS3 :/ . It kind of defeats the purpose of having a laptop. I need a PC laptop with a built in cd drive. There is no excuse to not have a cd drive built in.
    Or you need a digital version of the game. The more recent Mac operating systems, for the most part, and this means El Capitan, Sierra, and now High Sierra, reportedly can't even authenticate the game from discs so an Origin for Mac install is required anyway.

Apple jumps the gun, so to speak, on this kind of thing more often than other manufacturers do. But MacBook Airs aren't supposed to have optical drives, the whole point of that product line is to be lightweight. Optical drives are heavy, even the internal ones. It won't be long before there are no built-on optical drives on most any off the shelf configured computers.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    A PC it is then. I am tired of apple's war on disk drives, usb ports, headphone jacks, etc. When I buy a PC, it is complete... usually.
  • Options
    I did end up going in the end, but it sure was tempting :p

Good girl

@Nikkei_Simmer Lol, only an hour and a half?! P.S. The best eyebrow set is Ephemera's IMO.
  • Options
    TragicClownTragicClown Posts: 58 Member
    when you have made alot of different families in the same World and have decided to branch the stories together and also including the townies like the repomen, Kate Pistachio Maid Every NPC you can find xD yea i do that
  • Options
    This breaks the theme of the thread, but here it is.

You know that EA did an amazing job with Sims 3 when it's simple affirmation of life helps to dull your grief at least for a little while.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Bad Cleo!

@cleo00 That is so funny! I can't say I have ever seen someone playing sims on a college campus, but I have seen the sims 3 icon on the desktop of some neighboring peers. It is a great conversation starter :D . I never dared to play a video game during class, but I have seen some people do so, especially in a really really boring class.

I'd never dare play IN class, not without turning the censor pixels back on first and deleting my erhm...male body part mod :D
    But even though I'm in my 20s I don't drive so my dad drops me off on campus on his way to work and picks me up, so I have lots of time that I'm just sitting around that I could play. Most of the week I'm done by noon and can play in the library til 5pm. Mondays, like when I posted that, I've got a 3 hour long class so no playing on Mondays.
  • Options
    When I was in college, the only thing that was out was games for PCs, and the SNES. And my mother refused to get one of those things - and my dad figured those things were wastes of time. The Sims was not even on the horizon and wouldn't be for another 8-10 years - I don't think it was even a twinkle in Will Wright's mind when I was in college. So we had nothing to while away the time other than to read books...or dump quarters in coin-op consoles. Y'all have it so lucky now. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    You know you've spent WAYYY too much time playing Sims 3, when you look at a guy on a box of SPLAT hair color (that your wife bought because she wanted to tint her hair) and go..

RealEddy.jpg

HOLY ~insert expletive of choice~ THAT'S EDDY!!!!
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer :lol: It IS Eddy!
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Was reading these off LAUGHING to hubby and he came up with a few of his own! :lol:

When somebody else is walking through the kitchen and you set your plate on the floor and yell at the sky. :p

When your online banking password is "kaching" :lol: (no mine is not IRL)

When your date goes poorly because you tried to hug her/him and give them 15 backrubs!

When your wife tells you she's pregnant but you don't remember hearing no chimes!
    :joy:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    When your Significant Other buys the same packs as you so that you can play together... :D I got lucky. :D

@Nikkei_Simmer You're not the only one. ;) Hubby and I started that with Sims 2. <3
  • Options
    But... the game isn't really multi-player.
  • Options
    So far my CC addiction is only with maternity clothes. :lol:
    Only a matter of time before I decide I need something else... like more/better toddler clothes... and hair...

@OriginalMara So much yes!!! ^^^
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    When you realize that you don't have a clue who all these new actors are cause you've been simmimg for three years and don't watch TV or movies anymore.

@ZeeGee Right!? :lol:

This thread rocks!! Keep it going everyone! :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top