Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @BlackSand I have kept a Sim long enough to run out of things to purchase, but you make my poor Sim look like a nooboo!
    p.s. pickles are gross. :s;)
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When you're away from home, and you miss your Sims so much you try to draw them despite your noob drawing skills and simplistic style…

TyIg8ul.jpg

All three were drawn from memory. At least this was good practice.

This is a cool drawing, you're very talented :smile:

(Which pose pack did you use? :lol: --> I think that's examples my addiction).
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Mazakeen wrote: »
    @ZeeGee & @1need4kaffee - And this must be the prime example on why I'd never date a sims-addict... :D

On behalf of all sims addicts everywhere, let me say...... THANK YOU. :wink:

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    When your sim spends all day washing laundry, and THAT is what reminds you to wash your own piling up laundry.

Seriously, I have a sim household of 8 all age categories of child through adult. Only one of whom ever bothers to wash laundry (or clean up after them self). 8 bedrooms with full laundry hampers, 3 bathrooms with full hampers, 1 full hamper by the underground pool, plus 2 full hampers in the household's exercise room. In addition to various piles of cloths in the halls and living room. Between cooking supper, washing laundry, and cleaning the house the (much overworked) house wife in that household didn't have more then a few minutes in-game to herself. The family does have a Bonehilda coffin. But Bonehilda has apparently decided "enough is enough" and stopped cleaning up the various messes. She'll fix anything that breaks, but otherwise just downs blender made mixed drinks.

When your room is full of laundry, scatterd on the floor, not in the basket, and you think to yourself it's acceptable because the sims do it too.

It isn't? :( I guess I'd better get to my laundry then. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    My six year old nephew literally says that his "fun bar" is "0%" when he's bored, that his "hunger" is 100% when he's full and don't want to eat anymore, etc.
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    When you are reading a post about what people do with the elder sims and you become outraged and feel the need to post to lecture people on their selfishness and inhumanity... rofl
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I was on the bus talking to my friend about a teen marriage mod and a teacher a few rows ahead of us shouted, "Scandalous!"
    edited June 2017
    When your room is full of laundry, scatterd on the floor, not in the basket, and you think to yourself it's acceptable because the sims do it too.[/quote]

It isn't? :( I guess I'd better get to my laundry then. :D
    [/quote]

I don't know about you, but as for me- I started to do this only after the sims. I guess there is a causal relationship between the two :lol:
    When I tell my friends about the game they usually ask at some point "what's happening when you're not playing? does the game continues without you?" so I answer "no, it continues from the point you stopped". But deep inside, when not playing more than a few days, I just feel the need to open the game even for a short time just to check up on my cute sims, I just miss them. They are like individual entities in my life.
    [And this the point where I'm not sure if to put this icon> :love: or that one> :flushed: ]
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    When you have a whole week off and are excitedly looking forward to simming everyday, but spend the week trying to figure out how to solve the computer problems so that your game will play instead. :rage:
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »
    when literally all you talk about with your friends is the sims!

I'm the same. I everytime talk of The Sims. :joy:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    You´re at a concert, wanting to reset sim on the guy standing on a chair blocking your view.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • emilemillyemilemilly Posts: 8 New Member
    You literally have dreams where you are a sim living in simland.
    emilemilly wrote: »
    You literally have dreams where you are a sim living in simland.

When sims and people from real life mix up in your dreams.
    (I dreamt Gage Briody (SV NPC) and the guy I bought my car from are the same person. :lol: When I woke up I thought to myself "yeah, they actually do look similar" :lol: )

• WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When you manage to catch the daily deal you were waiting for, and are happy about that even a week later.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    Your computer breaks and you think your life is over because your sim can't progress through her university classes and skill building becuase you can't play the game. Why did you have to break! Wahaaaaaaay?! (My PC broke, power supply overheated even though I've got an effing fan pointed at my motherboard, the downfalls of living in a tropical country. And it broke before i could saaaaaave!)
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    When you take a detour past the new housing estate near you because you want to get inspiration for a new build in game. The first time I did this my Husband thought I was wanting us to move house!
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    @Faerie197 I ran into the same problem when I had a family of 8 in Twinbrook. The problem is there are so many rooms and it takes several sim hours to reach the whole house. Several times my sims decide to quit halfway through.

I want to get a bonehilda. Looks like fun!

As long as she doesn't scare the residents, Bonehilda can be a huge help. You'll have to lock her out of any baby room though. If you don't, she'll constantly wake up the baby by trying to pick the baby up. Which Bonehilda can't do. What she will do is clean the house (constantly), fix anything that breaks (which can be an issue if you're trying to work on handiness), and guzzle quick drinks if you have a juice bar. She'll even put away left overs. Which is a problem when she puts away the birthday cake before anyone gets a slice. Or when she does it before you can have the birthday boy (or girl) blow out the candles. Oh, she wont do laundry either, but she will move cloths to the hamper.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    When you're away from your home and Sims games that you hum main Sims theme
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    When you open up Paint and use it to create a 3D floor plan for a house you intend to build in Sims 3, right down to assigning where furniture and light fixtures will go.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    You've been slaving away on a graduate paper for weeks and thinking that your Writer Sim would have knocked this out in a few Sim-hours.
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    You know you're a TS3 addict when you think about what you're going to build on sims or what you're going to do on sims a month before you do it//You know you're a TS3 addict when you have a dream about playing it, multiple times.
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    Oh, and one more:
    You know you're a TS3 addict when you want to put your favourite cartoon characters in the game, and you spend months looking for hearts to put on cheeks or spiky hair with a bald spot on the back and a lab coat. :lol:
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    KatNip wrote: »
    Oh, and one more:
    You know you're a TS3 addict when you want to put your favourite cartoon characters in the game, and you spend months looking for hearts to put on cheeks or plum hair with a bald spot on the back and a lab coat. :lol:

I'm guessing you're a fan of SVFOE. I am too!
  • rosethesimmerrosethesimmer Posts: 109 Member
    > @HappySimmer3 said:
    > When you stare at all the houses that go past while riding in the car and wonder if you can recreate it in the game.

There are some houses that I sometimes pass on my way home that would totally look like they would be in the game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top