Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    When you get angry with yourself because tired from a full day at work, -being exhausted and not able to play.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Mazakeen wrote: »
    When you get angry with yourself because tired from a full day at work, -being exhausted and not able to play.

Sounds to me like you need more Fun in your life. Obviously you're getting the Stressed moodlet regularly. So try cutting back on Working Hard, and either watching tv or playing a video game? Alternately, a fairy house party may be just the thing.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
    edited May 2017
    @Faerie197 - o:)
    Yes, I am strange. Crazy? -Not yet. Bored? No, no, no.
    On the contraire, I feel limited in reallife. I find reallife-people, well, tedious. So, aye to be full of stress, but I guess that is the chip I have on my shoulder with being non-conformative. -I just love internet. A certain safety in distance, so to speak.
    Yes, there are rules to abide. I do. -Otherwise I would propably be heavily medicated already.
    On internet, yet/still, this is a channel to release 'dumb' thoughts in a proper fashion (some/most times.)

Lords, my life sucks. Hahaha. :#

Edit: (Don't get me started on work, fixing computers, being nice, getting plum handed for hours of work... ...somehow, customers think I fix 'toasters'.)
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
    @Mazakeen You think you're strange? To relax, I play HARD puzzle games and action/adventure games like Dark Souls. Not to mention playing stealth games like Styx: Master of Shadow on the highest available difficulty setting. Or in other words, I relax by stressing myself out.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
    edited May 2017
    @Faerie197 - Strange? I know. -Use of the wrong word. -I am 'just not normal'... ;)

-Those games equals to heavy medication by the way. ;)
    -I can't play those games. I'd burn my house down. :#
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    YOU KNOW YOU'RE A TS3 ADDICT WHEN.........

You musn't.... o:)
    But it's so deliciously tempting... >:)
    Stay out of these nice people's thread. o:)
    K..... ;)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    You know it's a bad addiction when you find yourself singing as you are reinstalling the game because you have missed it sooooo much :)<3
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    When you've heard Fun's Some Nights so often you can sing along with it thus recognize it on the radio in Sims 3... then memorize the simlish lyrics to Some Nights as well so you can still sing along with it.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Here is a good one. When you go for an intense bike ride for exercise and wish I have the "don't break a sweat" option. I got real sweaty.
    When You call beer nectar, and actually did it because nectar is what the game is portraying. -Sort of reversed the whole tounge-in-cheek about consumable liquids.
    Or in other words; When a friend comes with a bottle of beer, and asks "-nectar?"
    And you think; "-Does he play sims too?"
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
    When your family asks "Would you like some juice", and your first thought is that they're offering you beer.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I know I am an addict when my dishwasher breaks in real life, making puddles all over the floor and I tell my brother (who also has played the sims) I have to go get the sims 3 broken object music. I played it a few times.

If I were hardcore addicted, I would pull out a hammer and start wacking the dishwasher until improved.
  • krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    When you look at a house and think that looks like a house from your game. And also this might be me but when people are deciding to text you while you are playing sims 3 and you want to play in peace.
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
    Not just you. I got a call from someone I NEEDED to talk to while playing yesterday. And I felt annoyed that someone was calling me while the sim I was playing was busy painting.
  • KassidyBauspiesKassidyBauspies Posts: 44 Member
    You have over 200+ hours of playtime.

*looks at own 389 hours of playtime*

What are you trying to imply @KassidyBauspies?

Er...

uhm...
    ...Okay, so maybe I do have a bit of a problem. But in my defense, that's over the course of a year! Well... okay... maybe only about 7 months... But that's still only the equivalent of 16.21 hours of playing 24/7...

I should stop trying to argue my case. I also should stop making punctuation art of the diamond above the head of your active sim.
    When You show up at an AAA-meeting, and people start laffing at you.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
    I know someone IRL who tried attending AA meetings because his sim self has a juice problem.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    When you know your Sims' commonly-used Simlish phrases by heart.

"Bachooney!"
    "Ugh! Saah? Kawatee? Huh?"

Or even worse, when your spouse knows all the Simslish phrases by heart and has never played the game.

And to add to that, when you see the newscaster look like a Sims4 character and wonder how much more lifelike they would be in TS3 with CC skin. Even my husband thinks the guy looks like a TS4 character.
    When... you have to run errends outside (gasp, wheeze) and keep wishing you had a camera with you so you can recreate the interesting buildings you see. I think I may head out tomorrow if it's nice out and snap some pictures. There's several buildings I want to recreate.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Uhm, in this country AAA is the American Automobile Association.

"Hi, my name is igazor. And...I'm addicted to my car breaking down and needing roadside assistance?"
    :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    Uhm, in this country AAA is the American Automobile Association.

"Hi, my name is igazor. And...I'm addicted to my car breaking down and needing roadside assistance?"
    :p

I assume they meant AA. Either that or they thought it's the Alcoholic's Anomalous Association. Similarly, I assume @Mazakeen meant "laughing at you" since I never heard of someone laffing.
    @Faerie197 - That is correct, Faerie197. I was just rushing my writing. It should be Going to an AA-meeting, admitting to being an Sims3-addict, and people would laugh out loud to that 'serious addiction'. :p
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
    Video game addiction IS serious though. And just as capable of ruining a life as drugs or alcohol. These days I can play all day cause I live alone and have nothing better to do. But at my worst I blew off friends, family, and barely got myself to go to work due to video game addiction.
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Video game addiction IS serious though. And just as capable of ruining a life as drugs or alcohol. These days I can play all day cause I live alone and have nothing better to do. But at my worst I blew off friends, family, and barely got myself to go to work due to video game addiction.

That is true. It is a 'drug', so to speak. If I didn't play games though, I'd propably be an alcoholic. :(
    Hard to find habits that can substitute other bad habits, without them turning into bad habits.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top