Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Such a pleasure to see this community happy

Boy, it's so nice to be back. Its so nice to see our Sims community happy again. Oh, I suppose there will always be the spoil sport here or there, but now I feel like I'm home again. And it feels so good!
My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Welcome back! :)

It surely is great to see the forums like this. I hope the rest of this year, as well as the rest of TS4's duration, will hold many more surprises.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I was planning a day of shopping with hubby. first he saw the news of the new update and I did a happy dance. then it snowed so he went shopping on his own. I stayed home to play. what we thought would never happen in sims finally did. so I started fresh with a brand new game and am playing the Bheeda family and she had twins. :D
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    And please, I was with the Toddler group because I knew how important features are to people. Just because Toddlers doesn't make me want to buy the whole game, just because I"m not happy still doesn't mean I deserve to be called a Spoil Sport, because I'm still waiting for my joy,

My voice will not be as loud but the game is not yet to where I am forgiving @EA for the shortcomings and for leaving so much out. So, no- I am not happy for myself and the game. Yet I am happy for all the people who wanted Toddlers.

I expect a little more respect then to be called a new name. Thank you. :mrgreen:
    I do know it wasn't personal but it is name calling, even if you believe it less repellent than Hater. :)

-hugs- I hope they bring your joy to the game.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Welcome back, windweaver! You've been sorely missed.

And, yes, I have to say I was totally blown out of my mind yesterday. I held out hope that toddlers were, indeed, coming, but it was taking so long. I'm also very glad that they didn't signal or announce it was coming. I came over to the forums simply to see what was new. I generally try to do this at least once a day. I saw the notice by SimsguruDrake and I read it, but once I saw the word toddlers, my mind kinda went into I can't take in any more mode. I did catch the word patch, but it slipped by me. I went to read some of the other posts with the question in my mind, when were they coming? I ended up going back to take a better look at that notice, and in so doing saw the Latest patch notes dated for January 12th! I clicked on that and burst into tears. (Happy tears, of course). I opened Origin immediately and downloaded the patch.

I am beginning to enjoy these little surprises. Got a great one on November 8, last year. Didn't see that one coming, either. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2017
    And please, I was with the Toddler group because I knew how important features are to people. Just because Toddlers doesn't make me want to buy the whole game, just because I"m not happy still doesn't mean I deserve to be called a Spoil Sport, because I'm still waiting for my joy,

My voice will not be as loud but the game is not yet to where I am forgiving @EA for the shortcomings and for leaving so much out. So, no- I am not happy for myself and the game. Yet I am happy for all the people who wanted Toddlers.

I expect a little more respect then to be called a new name. Thank you. :mrgreen:
    I do know it wasn't personal but it is name calling, even if you believe it less repellent than Hater. :)

I completely agree. I am happy for the toddler people and glad they finally came but I'm still waiting for some things to make me want to play. I've seen a lot of posts about "you guys" and "spoil sports" the last day or so, like maybe now we'll all shut up since toddlers, which should have been in the game since release, have come. Maybe if all of us "you guys" and "spoil sports" had said nothing, toddlers would still be missing.

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Agreed. I always knew they would add toddlers eventually and I'm glad I kept the faith.
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Well it was a nice 24 hours of no fighting.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Guys, I don't think @windweaver is trying to call us spoil sports. I really just think she means those who are still trying to stir up trouble when the forum is in a good place right now. Don't take it to heart
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Me too!! It's amazing!!! Happy Simming everyone!! :*
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    I am happy for the community. And for some of you, your "joy" may never come with this game, especially if you are waiting for it to become another Sims 3 or Sims 2. It is not meant to be like those games, and for those of us who like Sims 4, we don't want it to be like those games. I liked Sims 2, but I don't want a remake. I hated Sims 3 so I definitely don't want it back. This isn't a dig at those of you who prefer those games, but understand those of us who like Sims 4 want Sims 4.

I knew there was never going to be any joy for me in Sims 3, but I didn't feel the need to hang about the Sims 3 forum reminding Sims 3 players of that over and over, and over, and over again.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    I am happy for the community. And for some of you, your "joy" may never come with this game, especially if you are waiting for it to become another Sims 3 or Sims 2. It is not meant to be like those games, and for those of us who like Sims 4, we don't want it to be like those games. I liked Sims 2, but I don't want a remake. I hated Sims 3 so I definitely don't want it back. This isn't a dig at those of you who prefer those games, but understand those of us who like Sims 4 want Sims 4.

I knew there was never going to be any joy for me in Sims 3, but I didn't feel the need to hang about the Sims 3 forum reminding Sims 3 players of that over and over, and over, and over again.

At the heart of this controversy is that it appears folks who are passionate either way become overly defensive (and thus offensive) when their feedback is attacked. Since toddlers came out yesterday, both SimGuruDrake and SimGuruGraham strongly encouraged *all* Simmers to keep sending in their feedback about likes/dislikes and things they want/don't want.

The negativity in the past hasn't been about lovers and haters - it has been about intolerance for someone else's hopes, dreams, desires. That is what needs to change to keep this Forum a happy place.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Some things just can't be made to happen. I have no issues with feedback, but when someone says for example: "Well it still doesn't have open world, and casT" That really isn't helpful feedback. That would be like me hoping and desiring, and dreaming that Sims 3 would have gotten rid of open world. Not only was that not going to happen, but the Simmers who liked open world would have been upset at losing it, as it was the signature feature of Sims 3.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited January 2017

Rflong! I wasn't referring to you and or any other specific person! You have always been a Simmer and a well respected member of the community. At least in my opinion. I just didn't want to give someone a window to start trouble by saying EVERYONE was happy. You know how that goes.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »

At the heart of this controversy is that it appears folks who are passionate either way become overly defensive (and thus offensive) when their feedback is attacked. Since toddlers came out yesterday, both SimGuruDrake and SimGuruGraham strongly encouraged *all* Simmers to keep sending in their feedback about likes/dislikes and things they want/don't want.

The negativity in the past hasn't been about lovers and haters - it has been about intolerance for someone else's hopes, dreams, desires. That is what needs to change to keep this Forum a happy place.

Bold part. Well said!
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Welcome back! :)

It surely is great to see the forums like this. I hope the rest of this year, as well as the rest of TS4's duration, will hold many more surprises.

You all are so sweet! Thank you!
    Welcome back, windweaver! You've been sorely missed.

And, yes, I have to say I was totally blown out of my mind yesterday. I held out hope that toddlers were, indeed, coming, but it was taking so long. I'm also very glad that they didn't signal or announce it was coming. I came over to the forums simply to see what was new. I generally try to do this at least once a day. I saw the notice by SimsguruDrake and I read it, but once I saw the word toddlers, my mind kinda went into I can't take in any more mode. I did catch the word patch, but it slipped by me. I went to read some of the other posts with the question in my mind, when were they coming? I ended up going back to take a better look at that notice, and in so doing saw the Latest patch notes dated for January 12th! I clicked on that and burst into tears. (Happy tears, of course). I opened Origin immediately and downloaded the patch.

I am beginning to enjoy these little surprises. Got a great one on November 8, last year. Didn't see that one coming, either. LOL

Thank you so much GalacticGal! I'm overwhelmed.
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    Just learning everything about the forums they became helpful a time or two before i joined the conversation. Have seen quite a bit of negativity so glad to see some positive feed back. It has been nice to see everyone happy for a bit.
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks