Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think should be the next big update?

2...Next

Comments

• agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think the gurus have outright said that more traits slots are not possible because of the way they've created the foundation....basically traits made too much of an impact on a sims personality so they had to be limited. I do think that more traits will help a ton though, right now every sim feels very, very similar. I think it would be a good idea to have a separate slot for food allergies/ preferences; being a vegetarian should really not take up one of the three personality slots, it doesn't feel right. This also gives the devs an opportunity to add more colorful diets like carnivore, gluten free, sugar free, etc. It impacts the game in a small way, but does a ton to make the sims feel more real and unique.

Side note: yay toddlers!!!
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited January 2017
    turn ons and turn offs (though these could also fit in a romance themed pack), astrological signs... burglars, police, firemen, etc!

and yeah, an overhaul on how traits work would be neat.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    I think the gurus have outright said that more traits slots are not possible because of the way they've created the foundation....basically traits made too much of an impact on a sims personality so they had to be limited. I do think that more traits will help a ton though, right now every sim feels very, very similar. I think it would be a good idea to have a separate slot for food allergies/ preferences; being a vegetarian should really not take up one of the three personality slots, it doesn't feel right. This also gives the devs an opportunity to add more colorful diets like carnivore, gluten free, sugar free, etc. It impacts the game in a small way, but does a ton to make the sims feel more real and unique.

Side note: yay toddlers!!!

I really hope more traits can be added, but if they can't its a shame. I also felt that way about the veg trait. Felt like a waste to use it for a personality trait. Food preferences would be nice. Actually, preferences for many things could be nice - favorite colors, music etc could make a return. Sims would feel happier seeing their favorites.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Terrain editing, Open World, neighbourhood editing and a CAW tool :smile:

I don't think Open World will happen cuz they would have to edit a lot of the coding or maybe use a different engine altogether which would be too difficult but who knows?

I agree with the others tho. I hope there's more build mode stuff that will come up.

I would want a color wheel too if we can't get CAW.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I'm hoping for a different height for teens to break them up from adults/elders.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Now that we have toddlers what I would want most is a CAW tool to be patched in.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Functional Cars? Maybe?
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Definitely *not* Pets or Seasons. I am *more* than willing to buy EP's for these now Toddlers are here. I have no qualms with purchasing new packs now.

I hope any future *big* updates like the Toddler one include stuff that effects the base game only. Like terrain tools, shorter teens, better elders, more control over culling (a cap for this would be great, if I want 200 sims can't I just put in a number and it stay at that number until I delete a sim or one dies?)

--T
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Ya know...based by how the vampire blog worded something (the whole sneaking into a house to drink from sleeping sims.) it's plausible that we're gonna get burglars back soon.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    edited January 2017
    Being able to place an apartment in the other worlds.
    Animated and placeable elevator.
    Cemetery lots like TS3. I do rotational play so I want to be able to get other npc sims' urn ,in case I'd like to revive one of them.
    Free crawling babies.
    Lake/river/sea tool.
    Swimming in the lake/river/sea.
    Terrain tool.
    Real stage tool.

OMG I'm so greedy.
    Post edited by kinot9229 on
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    It's rather small for a large update. But I would love to see them downgrade the height of teen sims. Rather than their appearance being of a young-adult they were between the height of a child and young adult with a more up-to-date appearance. At least that way it would be easier to notice the difference between YA and Teen while playing the game. And we wouldn't need another life stage as many are requesting- Preteen.

Along with the update, perhaps updating the makeup in the game. A lot of the eye-shadows in the game are ridiculous. The ability to have softer or bolder applications so all makeups will work with our sims.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Create a world.
    Roommates.
    Banks/loan system.
    More professions, maybe even active ones.
    The freedom to build apartments, or a new stuff pack filled with apartment lots in a new district.
    Another Island Paradise.

Think of all the people who worked on toddlers. An entire team ready to work on a new major addition!
    It's rather small for a large update. But I would love to see them downgrade the height of teen sims. Rather than their appearance being of a young-adult they were between the height of a child and young adult with a more up-to-date appearance. At least that way it would be easier to notice the difference between YA and Teen while playing the game. And we wouldn't need another life stage as many are requesting- Preteen.

I want a lot more teen-centric things:acne, prom etc. Feels like teen & elder is the ignored stage (as far as things only for them)

BlueOvale wrote: »
    Banks/loan system.

Ive never thought about having that in game. Sounds fun.

• ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Color wheel or new World Editing tools, definitely. I NEED a color wheel because I want to make cool new, realistic hair and eye colors that Sims' offspring will inherit from their parents. :)
  • als294als294 Posts: 2 New Member
    This is the most frustrating thing about the Sims. Sims should not be able to open their wardrobes and have access to any outfit. They should only have clothes that they have picked out and bought in a sims store downtown or ordered online. Based on prices and income. Also sims should only be able to have food they grew, ordered online or ingredients bought at grocery stores. You should only have food you have ingredients for and learned how to cook. Including easy things like cereal and yogurt. You need to do that in real life so you should do it in the sims,
    Also start out renting and buy a house based on your responsibility in the sims world. It would teach young people how to budget their money.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Personally, I think they are given a pass for a while. If they give us some rocks, we're good :)

However, my suggestion would be transportation - carpools, taxi's and schoolbuses. I would imagine however that "Cars" could be added as a game pack easily, with "transportation" being a free update (aka, carpools, cabs would come back). I would love to see them take it a step further. Bring those monorails to life somehow, and the trolley. Either way the only animations really required for cars is for children and adults as toddlers are carried in traditionally anyhow like they're like a plate. Cats and Dogs would need to be added into its so budget would have lots of room for meshing and creating the cars. IDK, Sounds like to me, they could be added into the game. They would have to be a mix of 2/3 where they just magically appear off some lots when your ready to go. Maybe they'll do something cute and make some sort of vallet object where your car disappears when your on any given lot unless the residential lot that would have the driveway and garage, but for highrises and apartments, we'd need that vallet option.

Hoping that's they're next focus for free content is bring backing the transportation, carpools and such. It's such a staple of the game. And yes, tho, please bring it back with control so if we have cars or don't want a carpool it's optional.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Since updates are free....

Hair colours.....
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    What i would like ? A create a world tool, perhaps a bodyshop tool.

What i actually expect ? I think it is around the time for the Seasons or Pets (or Both) to come around.

jr73Y.gif

als294 wrote: »
    This is the most frustrating thing about the Sims. Sims should not be able to open their wardrobes and have access to any outfit. They should only have clothes that they have picked out and bought in a sims store downtown or ordered online. Based on prices and income. Also sims should only be able to have food they grew, ordered online or ingredients bought at grocery stores. You should only have food you have ingredients for and learned how to cook. Including easy things like cereal and yogurt. You need to do that in real life so you should do it in the sims,
    Also start out renting and buy a house based on your responsibility in the sims world. It would teach young people how to budget their money.

This sounds really awesome. This was kinda true in Sims 2, as far as ordering groceries and everything. Maybe in 5?