Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is a good real-life equivalent of San Myshuno?

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
I am working on something of a backstory for my brand new Sim.
As I've only recently purchased City Living in the sale, she is moving into one of the starter apartments in San Myshuno. Specifically the haunted unit in the Culpepper Apartments.

Anyways, for the purposes of helping my imagination and fleshing out my backstory, where is a real life equivalent of San Myshuno?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am yet to find the real life equivalent to any Sims world except for the actual places that some worlds are based on.

I read somewhere that San Myshuno is based on Japan but until you get large arenas that can hold thousands of people, mod hotels and a 'rent a pet' like some of the stereo types from Tokyo then San Myshuno wouldn't really be Japan.

Oh, Tokyo has a world class public transport system whereas TS4 still seems to lack anything public transport related ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Different parts of San Myshuno look like different parts of the world.

I think overall, it kinda reminds me of Japan or Singapore (where I live).
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    San Myshuno is really a mix.the closest US city I can think of is San Francisco
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I think of it as being close to San Francisco. It does have a strong Tokyo influence too. The Spice Market reminds me of Brooklyn in New York with the Brownstones and its diversity, or the fish market in Chicago because of the warehouse and docks.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    San Fransokyo.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited January 2017
    Almost any really large city could have similarities. Portland, Oregon, for instance.
  • Options
    HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    I seem to maybe think Times Square in NYC but it seems more like Tokyo.
  • Options
    barley57barley57 Posts: 131 Member
    I would think that San Myshuno is like a mashed up version of NYC, Los Angeles, and Tokyo.
    origin id - barley57

kale is more than a vegetable :o

• Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    San Fransokyo.

I absolutely love Big Hero 6 & loved that Myshuno almost resembles the city. The Uptown district feels more like CBD Hong Kong. Kinda wish I could see Junk ships among the harbour.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Savage_Patch_Kidd I too enjoyed Big Hero Six. I believe the city was supposed to be a mix of Tokyo and San Francisco.

Which is pretty much what other lots of Simmers are saying above too!
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2017
    I think it's based on many cities around the world. I am fairly certain that one of them is NYC. The area of the Salt (?) building looks a lot like DUMBO. Just like San Myshuno, DUMBO has a large number of hipster parks and venues within the vicinity of a bridge that has a subway train running across it.

512px-Pearl_Street_Pocket_Park.jpg
    Pearl Street Pocket Park [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)]

512px-DUMBO_Brooklyn_at_night.jpg
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    It's part bustling multicultural American metropolis and part Japanese metropolis.
  • Options
    rosethesimmerrosethesimmer Posts: 109 Member
    It is a combination of Tokyo, New York City, and San Francisco. It has elements based on Asian culture. The geography resembles Hong Kong. (I got this from the Sims Wiki)