Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to setup your game for proper recording?

Hello, I've just started a YT channel (in Czech, unfortunately, because my game does not want to be set into English), but I have a question regarding pre-recording settings of the game. I have a laptop and the first video came out quite laggy. When I do not record, the gameplay tends to be smooth (not all the time though), and I use LoiLo to record. Is there a way to help the recording not to lag through settings of the game or the recorder itself?

I do not quite understand all the terms in TS4 graphics settings, I have it all set to the lowest so the performance wouldn't suffer but I don't know what post-processing is or what the textures of the sims change.

Or, if you are familiar with LoiLo, do you know how to set the recording so it would not lag? (Or, at least, to have the lowest performance loss?)

Thank you a lot for your comments! :)

Comments

• ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    I tried loilo and it wasn't good for my game. I had lots of lagging. You need to find a recorder that is specifically for games, I found that helps. I bought action and I've had no game issues. Also it matters what you set it to record in as far as the file type. AVI is supposed to be smoother. It's just trial and error really. It took me a few videos to get it to be the right way. YouTube probably has a video or 2 about the proper settings to help you. There are so many recorders out there that it's very overwhelming. And I'm not super tech savvy with how recording works so I struggled as well at first. Hopefully others here can help you out with more info.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Hello. I am sorry I'm not here to help since I am not a tech person. I came to ask you for your channel's name. I would love to check it out if that's possible. :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    @ashleyl2203 Thank you for your advice, I'll keep looking for a better software and setting options. :)
    @DoloresGrey My channel is in Czech because my game refuses to be in English, but you can check it if you want :)https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2ax7XFD3Ml3gPwAND2bksg
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I can speak czech :p Thank You
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • KraftyKiana55KraftyKiana55 Posts: 105 Member
    There are quite a few recording softwares out there, some more popular then others.
    When I first started YouTube, I used Fraps which was quite laggy after some time.
    Then I used Bandicam, which I found to lag a lot less so I ended up using this for pretty much all recordings.
    Now, I use a program called OBS which actually has a free version (which I use)!

I suggest playing around with some settings.
    I find it helpful to look up videos suggesting the best settings of a certain software. (Ex: "best settings for Bandicam")
    Those videos can help you find the best settings. They'll tell you which things are pointless to have turned on, etc.
    Hope this helped! :)
    YouTuber | KianaLuvsYou44 | 13k+ Subbies

ERM8xAm.gif

@KraftyKiana55 Thanks a lot, I'll look these up ;)
  • MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    I use OBS too, I highly recommend it , I have sometimes lag too but I try to close everything else in the backround and just record.
    Good Luck!
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!
    @Mellow Thank you ^_^