Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What we want for TS5

2...Next

Comments

• DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    edited January 2017
    29. Choose 5 major and 7 minor traits, over 100 to choose from.
    30. Chemistry is back, Turn Ons and Offs are back, choose 3 of each from over 30.
    31. Life Stages, 0-2 Baby, 2-4 Toddler, 4-10 Child, 10-13 Pre-Teen, 13-18 Teen, 18-25 Young Adult, 25-40 Adult, 40-50 Middle Aged Adult, 50-70 Senior Adult, 70+ Elderly Adult. You will tell by years of your sims life, on normal lifespan setting 4 sim days could be a year, on short it could be 2 days is a year, on extra short it could be 1 day is 1 year, on long it could be that 7 days is one year and on extra long it could be that 14 Days is one year, your sims won't look very different by just one year unless you jump a life stage. With the bigger life stages you will notice a gradual difference.
    32. Earth will come with the Base game, so will Sim Nation.
    33. You can learn over 50 Cultural Recipes.
    34. You can live or travel anywhere, so you can holiday places but also live there.
    35. The Sims 5 should be like SimsVille in some ways.
    36. Festive Holidays are also there, Santa Clause will come for the little kids that still believe in him, if They ever believed, because you can turn him off, when you're ready for the little ones to know he isn't real you can tell them, you can also ask them not to tell their younger relatives.
    37. Generations, will be in the game, but also as an Expansion pack with lots more stuff in it.
    38. Kids and Teens can be punished, by Time Outs, Grounding to their room, Grounding to the house besides School. Or more Chores, or even having something taken away, like TV priveleges or having a stuffed toy taken, and for teens especially, they might not be able to see there girlfriend.
    39. Kids can be mean to Adults and get in trouble, or maybe they didn't do chores, or maybe they pranked a grouchy person.
    40. If Kids and Teens get too bad, they could be sent to a Camp where they will have Military Veterans helping them to be respectful, make their bed etc. you can control them there too, they will do lots of activities including Marching, Push Ups, etc.
    41. School Grades will be revamped, for each core subject of which there are 5 for Children and 7 for Teens, there will be a grade, they are added up to receive your final grade.
    42. University will be in an Expansion pack: there will be more to do then ever.
    43. Weather will be included, with more features in an expansion pack.
    44. Laundry will be included, with Washing Machines, Dryers, Clotheslines, including a rotary hoist clothesline.
    45. Because the Teen life stage will be better, you sims can go through Puberty, but it will be gradual and will not be a big deal, just a bit of facial hair and voice change.
    46. For Middle Aged Adults, there should be midlife crisis, where they might want a career change, Mood swings etc.

I'm going to tag a few SimGurus: @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruHydra @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruAzure @SimGuruGnome
    Please read and tell us what you think of the ideas, you can't confirm TS5 and us fans know that, but for now could you please tell us features you like. Thank you.
    Post edited by DcD2510 on
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    in the sims5 how about adding if simskids bladder is in the red and they did not have time to go to the bathroom they wakeup tense and there a moodlet that say they wet there bed during the night because of bladder failure if there are emotions that is?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    in the sims5 how about adding if simskids bladder is in the red and they did not have time to go to the bathroom they wakeup tense and there a moodlet that say they wet there bed during the night because of bladder failure if there are emotions that is?
    That would be cool, I love that idea.
  • RexxHavocRexxHavoc Posts: 1 New Member
    I honestly do not think Sims 5 will happen, but if it did here are my suggestions, from a long time simmer.

1.) Remove the cell phone out of the user interface, so one can Simulate a Neighborhood prior to 1995, Don't put any technology items in the UI.. for the same reason,Do have Cell phones in game and purchasable at a kiosk, like in Sims 2.(Let the user determine what is in their game) So one can simulate say Victorian England 1870, Americana 1950, Medieval 1500,Stone-age etc,etc... If you are going to put tech tools in the UI, why not just put in StarTrek Communicators instead and force everyone to play the game 23rd century Federation style? Ohh some people don't want to Sim that? Well guess what your cell phone UI Does the same exact thing.

2.) Put the said user tools back in game to make the said neighborhood of your choice... like in Sims 2, and by the way include tools like we had in Sims BodyShop for creativity (Create a skin, create a item etc).

3.) Put more realistic life stages in game.. Do not have 12 year old children leaping from cribs. Have some kind of visual size difference or something, so one can recognize teen-agers at a glance.

4.) Quit calling the neighborhoods , worlds.. and revert back to calling them neighborhoods.

5.) Perhaps Listen to your fan base, and consider their wants, would that no be a novel idea? The Sims 3 fans that are yearning for another open world really need to look at the train-wreck that was Sims 3. So much was lost under the hood from Sims 2 to Sims 3, you had open worldish Oblivion like gameplay at what cost? Tremendous upfront load times, game instability, Poor character interactions, Zombie like, robotic start and stop animations, horrible pathing, Dark dreary indoors lighting, lower Home detail, lower model integrity to CAS, pretty much limited to 100 to 150 people in Neighborhood total (including NPC's) for stability.. all this cost to run around and hit a bunch of none functioning rabbit holes.. Now the outdoor graphics were beautiful in Sims 3, but the people were extremely lacking, more like a group from Microsoft Flight simulator had designed the world.

The open world concept works pretty well for games that do not have the world change very much, like Oblivion, Skyrim, Witcher etc,etc ad nauseam, but for games like the Sims where it is all about change, the open world concept is an extremely unstable design criteria.. Folks the data to make a realistic believable 3D world, is hundreds of thousands upon hundreds of thousands of data files, for splines, rotational points, static points, wire frames, meshs,skins, animations, and vocal data. If you want a realist detailed believable simulation this data HAS to be loaded at some point from the hard-drive (or network) It does NOT just magically appear in your ram and Video card buffers, In the Sims 2 it was loaded per lot, In the SIMS 3 it was loaded all up-front before the simulation began, some textures were shuttled in and out as you changed locations this put a huge strain and high requirement of the host computer.. In Sims 4 it is kind of a split between the 2 & 3. Neighborhoods are somewhat split into sections and that data is loaded on demand, with each house lot data loaded at shift, but quite a bit of data is in each sector load.

You really need to think about all that was lost in trying to make the Sims franchise an open world in SIMS 3, before asking for its return, I do salute the effort, but I did not care for the results.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,070 Member
    Oh gosh. My list would be a mile long. A lot of things people have already mentioned. I'd probably be most interested in having an interactive hair salon added to the game with lots of features and options for my Sims!
    RexxHavoc wrote: »
    I honestly do not think Sims 5 will happen, but if it did here are my suggestions, from a long time simmer.

1.) Remove the cell phone out of the user interface, so one can Simulate a Neighborhood prior to 1995, Don't put any technology items in the UI.. for the same reason,Do have Cell phones in game and purchasable at a kiosk, like in Sims 2.(Let the user determine what is in their game) So one can simulate say Victorian England 1870, Americana 1950, Medieval 1500,Stone-age etc,etc... If you are going to put tech tools in the UI, why not just put in StarTrek Communicators instead and force everyone to play the game 23rd century Federation style? Ohh some people don't want to Sim that? Well guess what your cell phone UI Does the same exact thing.

2.) Put the said user tools back in game to make the said neighborhood of your choice... like in Sims 2, and by the way include tools like we had in Sims BodyShop for creativity (Create a skin, create a item etc).

3.) Put more realistic life stages in game.. Do not have 12 year old children leaping from cribs. Have some kind of visual size difference or something, so one can recognize teen-agers at a glance.

4.) Quit calling the neighborhoods , worlds.. and revert back to calling them neighborhoods.

5.) Perhaps Listen to your fan base, and consider their wants, would that no be a novel idea? The Sims 3 fans that are yearning for another open world really need to look at the train-wreck that was Sims 3. So much was lost under the hood from Sims 2 to Sims 3, you had open worldish Oblivion like gameplay at what cost? Tremendous upfront load times, game instability, Poor character interactions, Zombie like, robotic start and stop animations, horrible pathing, Dark dreary indoors lighting, lower Home detail, lower model integrity to CAS, pretty much limited to 100 to 150 people in Neighborhood total (including NPC's) for stability.. all this cost to run around and hit a bunch of none functioning rabbit holes.. Now the outdoor graphics were beautiful in Sims 3, but the people were extremely lacking, more like a group from Microsoft Flight simulator had designed the world.

The open world concept works pretty well for games that do not have the world change very much, like Oblivion, Skyrim, Witcher etc,etc ad nauseam, but for games like the Sims where it is all about change, the open world concept is an extremely unstable design criteria.. Folks the data to make a realistic believable 3D world, is hundreds of thousands upon hundreds of thousands of data files, for splines, rotational points, static points, wire frames, meshs,skins, animations, and vocal data. If you want a realist detailed believable simulation this data HAS to be loaded at some point from the hard-drive (or network) It does NOT just magically appear in your ram and Video card buffers, In the Sims 2 it was loaded per lot, In the SIMS 3 it was loaded all up-front before the simulation began, some textures were shuttled in and out as you changed locations this put a huge strain and high requirement of the host computer.. In Sims 4 it is kind of a split between the 2 & 3. Neighborhoods are somewhat split into sections and that data is loaded on demand, with each house lot data loaded at shift, but quite a bit of data is in each sector load.

You really need to think about all that was lost in trying to make the Sims franchise an open world in SIMS 3, before asking for its return, I do salute the effort, but I did not care for the results.

Much of what you said I agree with, but I think an open world could work, in the 2020s Technology will be better, Computers will be better than in 2009 when TS3 came out, how they make the game will be better. I think at least a semi open world where you don't have loading screens in the part your in, and can see everything, go for jogs, go to each other's houses like in TS3 with No loading screen but once you leave the part of the world or neighbourhood your in you have a loading screen.

Oh gosh. My list would be a mile long. A lot of things people have already mentioned. I'd probably be most interested in having an interactive hair salon added to the game with lots of features and options for my Sims!
    Yes! I would love that
  • lumossimslumossims Posts: 100 Member
    Going to keep this short and sweet but I want more interactions for teenagers, like unrequited love, crushes, sneaking out at night like in TS2!
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member

I love this idea. Although, I'm loving TS4 now as it is. :)
    p6tqefj
  • lovleady5lovleady5 Posts: 56 Member
    For god sake, ADD THE TODDLERS WHEN YOU RELEASE THE GAME!
    Pleaaaseee don't make us wait another 50 years to get toddlers in TS5 when it comes out!
  • CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    I like a lot of the ideas listed here. I like to make stories with my Sims, and I would like more family aspects, better family trees as mentioned, terrain tools, create a pattern & create a color for furniture, walls, flooring, hair, & clothes. I'm also ready for pets and seasons.
    Origin ID: CieloSims
  • HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    I wish for legacy mode they could at the start have it set further back and eventually it gets further on and on and new items come and go.
  • rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    Love your ideas, I still play sims 3, I did buy sims 4 and I love the creating a sim in the sims 4 and I love what people say about it but I just didn't like the loading to visit different places ( love the open world in sims 3)
    I know in sims 3 they did not have this but I would have liked it if say the parents to a child have split up and the child lives with the mum ( the family you play ) it would have been nice if the dad would phone and ask the child if he/she would like to stay over at the weekends ( not sure if they have this in sims 4 would be interesting if they did )
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them