Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will it ever bee The Sims 5..?;-)

KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
I just wonder.. ;) I don't play Sims 4 anymore , because I get bored after 10 min, new expansions don't help...I tried to start sims 3 today, but it seems it won't start... I have played all the Sims..1,2,3.... I don't know what it is, but it is something wrong with the sims them self in sims 4...So I think I just wait for Sims 5 :p In the meanwhile , I play other games....

Comments

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Okay.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Sims 2 is still fun. Sims 3 is the funnest when it works
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    There will be, but probably not any time soon since TS4 is a smash success and will be milked until it stops squirting gold from its udders.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    There will be a TS5 and I think that it would be awesome as experience and an incredible amount of feedback will help pave the way for an awesome game tat will blow our socks off.

I mean are they really going to make another base game without the fundamentals such as an Open World, CASt, car and toddlers?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I feel the same OP!

Although at this point I don't know if I want a TS5, since I think they did poorly with TS4.
    There is too much missing, and every sim is the same whatever traits they have. They have the same whishes and whims.
    The emotions don't work the way they should. Left alone they drink water, or talk to eachother unless there is some fancy item, then they might use that... This is just some of the things that annoy me though :p
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I am not ready for a new sims yet, I want them to finish 4 first.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I hope TS5 will be a complete reboot of the series. Start over and take the best of TS2 and TS3 (and the best of TS4 if there is anything; I think it's horrible), don't release it with a ton of bugs you have no intention of fixing, include features like weather, seasons, supernaturals, and pets in the base game, have tons of toggles and options. There would still be plenty of new things for expansion packs. The old model doesn't work any more, releasing a bare bones games and making customers pay out the nose for five years to get features they want. It's not 1999 any more, EA.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I'm so over Sims 4 now, I hope that there isnt a Sims 5, because I can bet money that its going to be another social game.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    What I really want in sims 5 is a story driven game, with more real life drama and consequences, not always happy utppian world...

Imagine if you sims can get ill, I mean like really ill ,say terminal cancer and the family have to deal with it. Or elderly sim can develop dementia.

Imagine if you sims can be fired and find no job. And his dodgy friend will temp him into some illegal activities like robbing a bank, and he can get caught and put into jail.

Or imagine the story engine will create commedy situations between a group of sims which will make you laugh so hard like you are watching a good sitcom.

Basically a true drama simulation which will dynamically create different significant life situations, putting players in different situations, making decisions with real consequences. Players will laugh, cry, feel angry etc while playing it.

Oh well maybe sims 10.

• Westcoastgirl34Westcoastgirl34 Posts: 113 Member
    I am not sure i want a TS5? I would think that it would involve some highly graphical doing from what TS4 already has. Perhaps maybe instead of an internet game like TS4 is TS5 would have these goggles you put on your face, instead of play the game with a mouse or keyboard... its a bonus when you buy the game and it became virtual reality on the internet ...that would be kinda of cool. Im only speculating as to what the creators may or might do. But hey it would be awesome...:D I do love the SIMS4 though as it is. :D
    Never regret anything that made you smile <3

~ WestCoastGirl34~
  • HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    I hope TS5 will be a complete reboot of the series. Start over and take the best of TS2 and TS3 (and the best of TS4 if there is anything; I think it's horrible), don't release it with a ton of bugs you have no intention of fixing, include features like weather, seasons, supernaturals, and pets in the base game, have tons of toggles and options. There would still be plenty of new things for expansion packs. The old model doesn't work any more, releasing a bare bones games and making customers pay out the nose for five years to get features they want. It's not 1999 any more, EA.

Except your forgetting that sims 4 was a reboot too.
  • WatcherXXWatcherXX Posts: 356 Member
    One of the things I miss most in TS4 is story progression. It really added a nice touch.. For me Ts4 is just a bit to repetitive and robotic. I enjoy it but I don't play anywhere near as I did, previous versions. I hope there will be a Sims 5 that will take into account all the good things that people loved about all the iterations that came before it and make a really great memorable game for the fans.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    There will be a TS5 and I think that it would be awesome as experience and an incredible amount of feedback will help pave the way for an awesome game tat will blow our socks off.

I mean are they really going to make another base game without the fundamentals such as an Open World, CASt, car and toddlers?

um you bet they are. but then there are rummors they may not make the sims 5 because too many people are complaining about the sims 4 which probably means less people are interested.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm having so much fun with Sims 4 I'm not ready for it to end but I've enjoyed all the versions and most likely will enjoy Sims 5. When and if it arrives. :)
  • Westcoastgirl34Westcoastgirl34 Posts: 113 Member
    I hope they add pets soon to SIMS4
    Never regret anything that made you smile <3

~ WestCoastGirl34~
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    Why are people so concerned about ts5? TS4 isn't even done yet and for all those who are bored and complaining, what makes you think that ts5 would ease your pain and be any better? Because I guarantee if they did make a ts5 and released it there would just as much complaining about ts5 as there was for TS4 and probably by the same people. Take a hint: it's time to move on...stop playing, stop complaining and move on.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Why are people so concerned about ts5? TS4 isn't even done yet and for all those who are bored and complaining, what makes you think that ts5 would ease your pain and be any better? Because I guarantee if they did make a ts5 and released it there would just as much complaining about ts5 as there was for TS4 and probably by the same people. Take a hint: it's time to move on...stop playing, stop complaining and move on.

Have you ever liked something so much that all you wanted was for it to be better because you know deep down that it can be better? I think that's how a lot of people are feeling about the current state of the Sims franchise.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    I am not ready for a new sims yet, I want them to finish 4 first.

^This^

I would be pretty upset if they didn't finish 4 and walked away from it for 5. If they did that, I wouldn't ever buy 5. I would be done with the franchise. There's still so much they need to do with 4.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Hi there! I'm also waiting for TS5. I don't dislike 4, but since TS3 came out, I have these dreams of a game that will be just like TS3, but better in every aspect, even if slightly. Better graphics, open world, cas, sims... I truly wished TS4 was going to be a full upgrade from TS3, but it's not. If TS5 comes even in 2018, which being next year is unlikely, it would mean TS5 will come more than 10 years after TS3. And imagine what TS3 did in 2008, but better in every aspect with 10+ years of better technology. I envision a great game, and TS5 CAN be it. Let's just hope they don't mess it up... It wouldn't be that hard to do it right since TS3 would have been a decade older. I think we will see a TS5, EA knows this franchise makes money and TS4 made enough at this point that I think EA would think it's worth it do another one.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    What I really want in sims 5 is a story driven game, with more real life drama and consequences, not always happy utppian world...

Imagine if you sims can get ill, I mean like really ill ,say terminal cancer and the family have to deal with it. Or elderly sim can develop dementia.

Imagine if you sims can be fired and find no job. And his dodgy friend will temp him into some illegal activities like robbing a bank, and he can get caught and put into jail.

Or imagine the story engine will create commedy situations between a group of sims which will make you laugh so hard like you are watching a good sitcom.

Basically a true drama simulation which will dynamically create different significant life situations, putting players in different situations, making decisions with real consequences. Players will laugh, cry, feel angry etc while playing it.

Oh well maybe sims 10.

That's actually a really interesting idea if they opt for a reboot... My idea for the next sims also has these dynamic situations that feel more organic and real... Feeling more immersed and connected to your sims would be a nice approach.
  • chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I never had a problem with S3.. and loved that one best. It never got laggy on me..or things I heard about on here... wish if they do do a S5 it is open world and had the depth of S3
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

Have you ever liked something so much that all you wanted was for it to be better because you know deep down that it can be better? I think that's how a lot of people are feeling about the current state of the Sims franchise.

Yes, I do understand. I've been playing since the series released, ts1, but just like everything in this world, things change. I'm not saying that I am adored and love every aspect of ts4, but it is what it is. I don't agree with the vision of the devs, and how this game was constructed, but I can't request for something in the future knowing it's going to be these same people doing it. Imagine how ts5 would be... I can't request for something when the previous version isn't done yet. I know this game could be better. I LOVED ts2, the animations and interactions were timeless. I loved the sinister stories. Ts3 was great too, but it was glitch and laggy. I played hours upon hours without getting bored, but my game crashed so many times I was dishearted. Ts4 honestly disappointed me, but as I expanded with the packs, I've started seeing potential. My problem is that I shouldn't have to buy expansion to like a game, it should have already been liked from the base, but with all the necessary patches, mods and packs that I had to get to make this game enjoyable, doesn't make me want to see a ts5 or even consider it. I feel like ts4 should just be the end and that's it. The way they just up and left Ts3 island paradise for ts4 and the result of this makes me doubt ts5 would ever be better.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Until it stops being profitable, EA will continue with The Sims franchise. I do think the way we play will be further evolved and that those who loved the classic games will not like the future ones as much, as it will likely become an internet based game with online play. I find TS4 really boring at times, and really fun other times, just depends on what I have going on in my game. If I could go back to playing any of the games in the franchise it would be TS2, because I think that one was the most fun, at least for me.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Sims 2 is still fun. Sims 3 is the funnest when it works

*Most fun.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

Imagine if you sims can get ill, I mean like really ill ,say terminal cancer and the family have to deal with it
    . Or elderly sim can develop dementia.

Oh well maybe sims 10.

That's a bit much.