Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keep getting maintenance screen while on the forums..

I know this is most likely going to get moved I'm just not sure where else to post it.. and I'm wondering if I'm the only one who keeps getting a maintenance screen while using the forums, it's extremely annoying and makes navigating the forums very difficult. It has been happening for over a week now. I can usually hit refresh a few times and it'll go away and whatever page I was trying to load will finally work.
tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif

Comments

• simmerbrentleysimmerbrentley Posts: 203 Member
    I get the same thing. Sometimes when I refresh the page it pulls up, which is super weird.
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello! We are currently investigating this issue. If it occurs for you again it would be really helpful if you could note what time it occurred (local timezone) that would be extremely helpful for us to capture the occurrence to help with the investigation.

Also I'm moving this to Forum Feedback since this deals specifically with the forum service not the game :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Hello! We are currently investigating this issue. If it occurs for you again it would be really helpful if you could note what time it occurred (local timezone) that would be extremely helpful for us to capture the occurrence to help with the investigation.

Also I'm moving this to Forum Feedback since this deals specifically with the forum service not the game :)

Thank you! It just happened again for me at 3:15am Eastern time. It happens almost every time I try to load a page, or post something.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Hello,
    I have that problem too. Anytime I am on the forums, be it evening for me or early morning. I then just keep refreshing the page till it works.
    My timezone is "Central European Time" (hope I am doing this right, timezones are a bit confusing to me) and right now it happend for me at 1pm 28.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    Hello,
    I've had this problem a few times over the last month or so; not very often, which is why I didn't say anything. Anyway, it happened once last night, think it was somewhere between 8 and 10pm eastern (sorry I can't be more accurate, I wasn't watching the time.)
  • ShanShan Posts: 126 Member
    I've been having this for quite a while. Oddly enough, what usually helps is not going to the forums from bookmarks but instead simply writing forums.thesims.com and entering the site that way haha ;D
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I have not had this happen on my laptop, but it happens very frequently using the mobile app. I've gotten to the point I've just stopped trying. I get the ''down for maintenance" message clicking on any threads at all.

Also, on mobile, I cannot uncheck "Maxis Curated" on the gallery, so I can't use that, either.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    If you are US, try changing the part in the url "en_us" to "en_US." If you are something else, then I'm not sure, but that's what solved it for me. I noticed whenever I found a page on the forums through search, the result was often in "en_us," which appears to be some cached version of the forum and that is where the maintenance message is coming from.

May be important to note. I have no idea if that's the only cause, but it's what I noticed.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/907090/weird-caching-or-something#latest

@SimGuruDrake
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited January 2017
    Since today, for maybe like an hour and a half, CET time zone, until now and doesn't stop. Literally got it twice when trying to open this thread.

Also occurs when I'm editing a post, which deletes the edit, which is very annoying. Or when posting. Even more annoying.
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    Frequently happening.
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
    Since today, for maybe like an hour and a half, CET time zone, until now and doesn't stop. Literally got it twice when trying to open this thread.

Also occurs when I'm editing a post, which deletes the edit, which is very annoying. Or when posting. Even more annoying.

Yep, I'm with her, it's happening so often it's being ridiculous. :neutral:
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member

Can you guys remove the Vanilla Forums maintenance mode plugin or roll it back to an old version for now to see if that's the issue?
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    This has been happening all day for me.
  • Pirate_QueenPirate_Queen Posts: 83 Member
    Happening constantly for me as well, pretty much every time i click open a thread/ liking posts etc. I'm having to refresh several times in order to do anything. Doesn't matter what time of day or whether it's the PC or laptop. It's making using the forum beyond a pain.
    It went away for a few days for me... Now it's back again. Ugh
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Yep I have it too..
  • FudgsicleFudgsicle Posts: 47 Member
    I've been having this issue since signing up the other day... It's happening almost every time I load a page :/
    Watch me try complete all of the Sims Challenges from start to finish :blush:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCUJb4PoX07uH_iNM1GyJ2mw
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    It went away for a few days for me... Now it's back again. Ugh

Same here. It was happening non-stop last week but has been fine the past few days. Just started again like 10 min ago. So I guess 8:50 pm EST, January 16th (I'm in South Korea so I'm not sure how my posts display here).

I tried deleting my browsing history, using a cleaner app, and restarting my phone. Still happens.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Same here. After I refresh a bunch of times the page will come up though.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I get it everyday, I have to refresh every page 2 or 3 times before it loads. I thought it was just my internet or smth.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Yes, this is happening constantly to me. Every day, several times a day.