Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best paid video recorder

I'm looking to buy one and want to know what everyone thinks runs the best! I'm looking at getting bandicam. I want one that runs smooth and doesn't affect gameplay after a while. I've noticed some of them are good to start but get worse after recording for an hour.

Also, what's your recording method? Do you guys just record in in bits so your video files aren't 2 hours long but maybe 2, one hour videos instead and then just edit them together? I get nervous recording for 2-3 hours and then having it glitch and not be able to be saved.

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I assume you record LPs, I'm doing machinima so my snippets are much shorter. I'm using OBS Studio (free), which I had good experience with. Never recorded longer takes than 20-30 minutes though.

Just wanted to say that you might experience less lagging if you save your recorded file to a separate drive. I think the benefit doing so will be bigger the larger file you record. Maybe you already do this.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited January 2017
    I personally use ShareX, it's a free recording software on Steam. I usually don't record for more than a few hours, though, so I can't speak for how well it runs after recording that long.

I usually record in bits, as recording for long periods of time is a little difficult on my attention span.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    I assume you record LPs, I'm doing machinima so my snippets are much shorter. I'm using OBS Studio (free), which I had good experience with. Never recorded longer takes than 20-30 minutes though.

Just wanted to say that you might experience less lagging if you save your recorded file to a separate drive. I think the benefit doing so will be bigger the larger file you record. Maybe you already do this.

Well right now I'm trying to do some speed builds and I'm a slow builder so my unedited builds are like 2 hours. I'll try saving it to my external hard drive though and see if that helps my system. I can't use OBS because it won't download on my computer. I used it for about a week and it stopped working. I did like how it ran.
  • Options
    MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    I record with OBS .You should try it
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!