Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with recording my game. Not working properly!

I'm trying to get into YouTube and recording while gaming. I have downloaded countless screen recorders and I always get a white box and it does not record my game. I thought it was because I needed to select for it to record in game and not just my screen but that did not help. I've had no luck with googling my problem except for that I may not be running my game and the recorder on the same thing together and that could be causing issues. Something about how they need to both be on the nvidia gpu. Anyone know how to help me?

Comments

• heybearheybear Posts: 15 New Member
    Hey there Ashley!

I had this same problem too when I first tried recording my screen.
    First, let me recommend the software OBS - it's completely free and it great for recording game play!

So here are the steps you should take when setting up your OBS software to start filming.

1.) Launch your game (TS4)
    2.) Open OBS
    3.)Bottom left of OBS you'll see "Scene" and go ahead and right click that and click "Add"
    4.) Name your scene - for example "Sims"
    5.)Now within your new "scene" in the box to the right labeled "sources" you can add your game for example "sims1"
    6.) After that it will still show a black screen - open up your sims game and it should then pop up in the screen on OBS.
    7.) After all of that go ahead and press Start recording!

Hope this helps!

Later! XOXO
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    heybear wrote: »
    Hey there Ashley!

I had this same problem too when I first tried recording my screen.
    First, let me recommend the software OBS - it's completely free and it great for recording game play!

So here are the steps you should take when setting up your OBS software to start filming.

1.) Launch your game (TS4)
    2.) Open OBS
    3.)Bottom left of OBS you'll see "Scene" and go ahead and right click that and click "Add"
    4.) Name your scene - for example "Sims"
    5.)Now within your new "scene" in the box to the right labeled "sources" you can add your game for example "sims1"
    6.) After that it will still show a black screen - open up your sims game and it should then pop up in the screen on OBS.
    7.) After all of that go ahead and press Start recording!

Hope this helps!

Later! XOXO

Thank you! Yes I downloaded and used this successfully a few weeks ago and then it stopped working! And I haven't been able to open it since, even after re installing. I think I may have found the problem? My monitor is connected to my motherboard instead of my graphics card and I've read that could cause issues so I'm picking up a new cord now to go hdmi to the dvi port and if that doesn't work, then I don't know what to do. I hope that's the issue because I've downloaded a million different software programs to record!
  • DeviSimmerDeviSimmer Posts: 232 Member
    after you lunch the game, try to open OBS as Administrator (right click on OBS and then select "Open as Administrator"). after that open a new scene and then open a "game capture". after that enter the game and then go back to OBS and you will see there the game and then you can record. that what im doing and its work for me ^_^
    i hope that i could help you :D good luck with your channel :wink:
    3410792.png

DeviSimmer - create|CAS|SIMS
    find me on youtube & tumblr - DeviSimmer
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFm5IJhxHDszR3XdDW78DEw
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    DeviSimmer wrote: »
    after you lunch the game, try to open OBS as Administrator (right click on OBS and then select "Open as Administrator"). after that open a new scene and then open a "game capture". after that enter the game and then go back to OBS and you will see there the game and then you can record. that what im doing and its work for me ^_^
    i hope that i could help you :D good luck with your channel :wink:

Yeah I can't even open OBS. I get a one second outer box like it's going to open then nothing. I loved the way it ran too!