Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS4 supposed to stutter now?

1235...Next

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @Dekay agree with chester. Your laptop looks fine
    Could someone @ the gurus that are responsible for this? I just don't know who they are...

I have been paging a few of them a few times already. Hopefully they come in the forum and see this
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @ChelleJo , on cupid you have to look at MAX. One of your cores is at 95 %, another is at 85% and the others 60's and 70's

Ah, I see. So much for me to learn. I'm on phone now, will have to look at that pic again when I can get back on pc. :)

Every time you play test the game
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,564 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Here are my readings:
    MevQ3VR.jpg

Not too sure if they're good or bad.

Oh and my fans are not moving so loudly anymore this time round.

That's pretty much normal for laptop. ;)

That's good to know. :) How about the CPU usage tho? I remember last time it was only focusing on the one core but now it seems to be kinda evened out a bit better.
    Could someone @ the gurus that are responsible for this? I just don't know who they are...

I have been paging a few of them a few times already. Hopefully they come in the forum and see this

I have a feeling they've seen this thread or any threads like this but they don't know how to reply. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Here are my readings:
    MevQ3VR.jpg

Not too sure if they're good or bad.

Oh and my fans are not moving so loudly anymore this time round.

That's pretty much normal for laptop. ;)

That's good to know. :) How about the CPU usage tho? I remember last time it was only focusing on the one core but now it seems to be kinda evened out a bit better.

I have a feeling they've seen this thread or any threads like this but they don't know how to reply. LOL.

Your CPU usage is not at 100 % You take the average 70 80 in that range.

Well they could respond by saying we are checking into the issue and not be silent. ;)

@cherpar . I see you paged me. Glad Chester's got you covered :)
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I also noticed my pc is making more noise when playing Sims 4 compared to other games, I have a feeling the game is becoming really heavy, which is odd because you would think of the way it's build it's supposed to be less heavy. I turned of Origin to play in offline mode, turned off everything that had to do with internet connection and it did help a bit, but woah, the game is becoming a bit too much for my pc so I sometimes shut it off so my pc can cool down a bit (it doesn't go higher than 64 celcius though)

They should probably look at this, since we still have a bit of packs to go..
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    I also noticed my pc is making more noise when playing Sims 4 compared to other games, I have a feeling the game is becoming really heavy, which is odd because you would think of the way it's build it's supposed to be less heavy. I turned of Origin to play in offline mode, turned off everything that had to do with internet connection and it did help a bit, but woah, the game is becoming a bit too much for my pc so I sometimes shut it off so my pc can cool down a bit (it doesn't go higher than 64 celcius though)

The more that gets added the worse it will become which is a shame because the game needs more content (better content... not the crap that's been released so far.)
    It's just going to get very bogged down and will make it difficult for lower end pcs. A pc with good cooling is absolutely crucial with this game as it likes to throttle any hardware that's thrown at it.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

Skobee wrote: »

The more that gets added the worse it will become which is a shame because the game needs more content (better content... not the plum that's been released so far.)
    It's just going to get very bogged down and will make it difficult for lower end pcs. A pc with good cooling is absolutely crucial with this game as it likes to throttle any hardware that's thrown at it.

Very true. I have to keep telling people more and more with low end they need a new computer. . Some higher end off the shelf don't have good cooling either. This game especially does have to have good cooling because of the way it's programed. Well I just hope the Gurus investigate the issue and can fix what is causing it.
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I have only had problems with the stuttering since the new Origin. I know EA is looking into it but the QTWebEngineProcess that runs when you open Origin is a pos. It has been known to have memory leaks and hasn't been updated by developers since 2013. I tried so many things like I had stated before to get my game to stop the stutter and some of those things have helped a bit but for some reason with that process running TS4 just stutters. I even tried a clean install, made a random sim, moved them into the city and still the same. Even with no games running, nothing on but Origin I have high memory usage, as soon as I kill it my memory goes back down, I think the program has a memory leak for sure. I've reinstalled Origin 4 times to see if it was maybe just a bad install but nope. They need to give us a way to just not use Origin while playing our games, I think it is a memory hog which sucks for TS4 cause you need that memory.

My cpu never gets above 45c at full load on TS4, I have 4 fans in my case plus my cpu cooler. I don't have this problem with any other game I play, through steam or otherwise. I could be wrong on this but for me the problem started with the new Origin, that's what I've troubleshot it down to. Before the new Origin with all the same cc etc I had no issues, new Origin comes, I haven't done anything except get CL ep and voila problems begin. I guess it could be something in the new EP as well cause I did a clean install test with no change to the stutter. There is also the addition of Lot Traits that could be causing problems. I'm not sure, it could be a combined list of issues working against me or just the one. It is definitely an EA issue and not a computer issue(for me anyways) but EA games always have issues and a lot of the time they don't get fixed so I'll deal with it until I just can't anymore, then back to better game companies.

The only thing I haven't done is revert Origin back to an older version yet, which I'll do some time soon. I gotta beat the Mass Effect trilogy again right now, have a sci fi bug that only ME can fill. Hope everyone and EA can figure out the problem.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Vagenius wrote: »
    I have only had problems with the stuttering since the new Origin. I know EA is looking into it but the QTWebEngineProcess that runs when you open Origin is a pos. It has been known to have memory leaks and hasn't been updated by developers since 2013. I tried so many things like I had stated before to get my game to stop the stutter and some of those things have helped a bit but for some reason with that process running TS4 just stutters. I even tried a clean install, made a random sim, moved them into the city and still the same. Even with no games running, nothing on but Origin I have high memory usage, as soon as I kill it my memory goes back down, I think the program has a memory leak for sure. I've reinstalled Origin 4 times to see if it was maybe just a bad install but nope. They need to give us a way to just not use Origin while playing our games, I think it is a memory hog which plum for TS4 cause you need that memory.

My cpu never gets above 45c at full load on TS4, I have 4 fans in my case plus my cpu cooler. I don't have this problem with any other game I play, through steam or otherwise. I could be wrong on this but for me the problem started with the new Origin, that's what I've troubleshot it down to. Before the new Origin with all the same cc etc I had no issues, new Origin comes, I haven't done anything except get CL ep and voila problems begin. I guess it could be something in the new EP as well cause I did a clean install test with no change to the stutter. There is also the addition of Lot Traits that could be causing problems. I'm not sure, it could be a combined list of issues working against me or just the one. It is definitely an EA issue and not a computer issue(for me anyways) but EA games always have issues and a lot of the time they don't get fixed so I'll deal with it until I just can't anymore, then back to better game companies.

The only thing I haven't done is revert Origin back to an older version yet, which I'll do some time soon. I gotta beat the Mass Effect trilogy again right now, have a sci fi bug that only ME can fill. Hope everyone and EA can figure out the problem.

This could be it, my problems started around the time when origin had that new update too... Would using the old origin fix the problem? If so how could I do it?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,564 Member
    Vagenius wrote: »
    I have only had problems with the stuttering since the new Origin. I know EA is looking into it but the QTWebEngineProcess that runs when you open Origin is a pos. It has been known to have memory leaks and hasn't been updated by developers since 2013. I tried so many things like I had stated before to get my game to stop the stutter and some of those things have helped a bit but for some reason with that process running TS4 just stutters. I even tried a clean install, made a random sim, moved them into the city and still the same. Even with no games running, nothing on but Origin I have high memory usage, as soon as I kill it my memory goes back down, I think the program has a memory leak for sure. I've reinstalled Origin 4 times to see if it was maybe just a bad install but nope. They need to give us a way to just not use Origin while playing our games, I think it is a memory hog which plum for TS4 cause you need that memory.

This could be it, my problems started around the time when origin had that new update too... Would using the old origin fix the problem? If so how could I do it?

I don't think you can revert back cuz once you install the old .exe, it will still automatically update itself.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited January 2017
    @Vagenius @NeonHighways
    You can't go back to an older version of Origin. It won't let you. I have tried that in the past. Your stuck with any origin update. Origin is always messing up
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    @phoebebebe13 You can't install and turn off updates? When I started playing Mass Effect 1 I kept opening the game from my desktop shortcut and it would revert me back to an older Origin, wish I would have tried TS4 then. Anyways it wouldn't update, even if I closed it and reopened it, it was still the older version of Origin. It's a known problem with ME1 and a few other older games, with ME it makes your game run like crap though so I had to update Origin and use play from Origin instead of using my shortcut.

Anyways ya Origin is a mess, the newest update has caused a lot of games to run worse/mess up. EA says they are looking into it, especially with all the complaints about the QT situation. Guess it's just going to be a wait and see thing.

@NeonHighways Just curious do you use Origin to launch your game or desktop shortcut? I have been using Origin to launch games lately and that has helped a little bit with TS4, not a lot but a bit.
    @vagenius No on the back versions of origin. EA has forced origin updates. I had an older version of origin saved on file and tried to use it. No go.

some older games can run without origin if you have all disc . Like the sims 3, if you have all disc and own the base game issued prior to 2012 you can play without origin. Base discs issued after 2012 are locked into origin. If you add any download to the game origin will lock you in and you can't bypass the launcher and play without origin. You now have to play the sims 3 all disc. I have the download versions of the game installed prior to EA locking the game into origin but if I ever had to reinstall I would have to use all disc to avoid origin or play the game on steam download instead.

The sims 4 is locked into origin. It will force you to update. I never had an issue with origin until the sims 4. I never had to uninstall and reinstall origin until the sims 4. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times because origin kept messing up. I don't have the sims 4 installed anymore. I play sims 3 off line and don't need origin
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    So, I changed the cooler. My temperatures did lower... about 10 degrees lower... My stuttering is not insane now. It's still there sometimes when I scroll the camera but it's not that comically bad. If this is something that can be made better by an update, I'll play the game like this, as there is nothing else I can do...
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    So, I changed the cooler. My temperatures did lower... about 10 degrees lower... My stuttering is not insane now. It's still there sometimes when I scroll the camera but it's not that comically bad. If this is something that can be made better by an update, I'll play the game like this, as there is nothing else I can do...

Some stutter is normal.. it's just the way the game is.
    I'm glad a cooler lowered your temps. :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide