Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Is The Worst Reboot?

Comments

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    @MingYangYo Ugh.. yep that's the one :persevere:

I was really upset earlier to hear Debbie Renolds passed on as well :cry::heartbreak: Rest in peace.
    MingYangYo wrote: »
    Him from PPG always reminded me of Lady Gaga. She stole their fashion lol

Oml :joy:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
    Apologies I'm going off topic but @MingYangYo your comment reminded me of this fan art.

gym.png

Back on topic I actually really love Pokemon Sun & Moon anime. I love the style so much :relaxed:
    I hate to say it but I actually prefer this over the other series.
  • MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    Apologies I'm going off topic but @MingYangYo your comment reminded me of this fan art.

gym.png

Back on topic I actually really love Pokemon Sun & Moon anime. I love the style so much :relaxed:
    I hate to say it but I actually prefer this over the other series.

That looks cool! Pokemon ftw!
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Many of the 90s kids shows were surprisingly violent & disturbing. The CGI mummy from Courage the Cowardly Dog still disturbs me to this day :persevere:

I haven't seen any of the new Star Wars movies either but my bro absolutely loves it. Rest in Peace Carrie <3

YES. The mummy scared me as a kid, but I still love Courage The Cowardly Dog.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    edited January 2017
    This is all fun and games with no ill intent. All of the reboots I named have received negative reviews here and there but I like them....Not love but anyways let me name a few!

1.Teen Titans Go

2.Avatar: Legend Of Korra

3.The Sims 4

4.The PowerPuff Girls

5.Star Wars The Force Awakens

That's all I could think of for now :s

I do not like the reboot of Teen Titans Go or the PPG. I don't mind comedic cartoons if it is done right or suits my interests, but I prefer the serious and comedic moments that both of those original cartoons gave. You never knew what to expect from those cartoons (unless a preview gave it away).

I never liked The Sims 4. I don't hate it, but it isn't for me. The game does have some really cool features and a lot of great other stuff, but it's not enough to convince me to buy it. Unfortunaltey, I don't think that I'll ever buy Sims 4.

I actually liked Legend of Korra. Yeah she was hotheaded and impulsive but she got things done. Plus, the action scenes were amazing. I loved it. She matured a lot in the last season, too. Not to mention, the girl manipulated a laser beam. Whaaat! I never watched the last season but I did see a lot of clips and scenes to know what it was and how it ended. I kind of wanted her to get back with Mako, though >_<.

Now, The Last Airbender was probably one of the worse movies I've seen in the year that it came out... probably ever seen. Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite cartoons. And, that movie greatly disappointed me -_-. Not really a reboot but it was adapted from the cartoon/comics.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
    KLAlexis wrote: »
    This is all fun and games with no ill intent. All of the reboots I named have received negative reviews here and there but I like them....Not love but anyways let me name a few!

1.Teen Titans Go

2.Avatar: Legend Of Korra

3.The Sims 4

4.The PowerPuff Girls

5.Star Wars The Force Awakens

That's all I could think of for now :s

I do not like the reboot of Teen Titans Go or the PPG. I don't mind comedic cartoons if it is done right or suits my interests, but I prefer the serious and comedic moments that both of those original cartoons gave. You never knew what to expect from those cartoons (unless a preview gave it away).

I never liked The Sims 4. I don't hate it, but it isn't for me. The game does have some really cool features and a lot of great other stuff, but it's not enough to convince me to buy it. Unfortunaltey, I don't think that I'll ever buy Sims 4.

I actually liked Legend of Korra. Yeah she was hotheaded and impulsive but she got things done. Plus, the action scenes were amazing. I loved it. She matured a lot in the last season, too. Not to mention, the girl manipulated a laser beam. Whaaat! I never watched the last season but I did see a lot of clips and scenes to know what it was and how it ended. I kind of wanted her to get back with Mako, though >_<.

Now, The Last Airbender was probably one of the worse movies I've seen in the year that it came out... probably ever seen. Avatar the Last Airbender was one of my favorite cartoons. And, that movie greatly disappointed me -_-. Not really a reboot but it was adapted from the cartoon/comics.

The last air bender movie was worse than the Dragonball movie lol they should've just left them alone. Agreed the newer cartoons are a let down. Maybe they mess them up because they want me to be more of an adult haha

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    Teen Titans Go. Me and my sister loved Teen Titans! We got excited when they said they were making a new one! But it's just a show made to keep little boys entertained. They even changed the characters personalities!
    fda8319a0cb1f9c01e464bdb1dda787c.jpg
    Plus, the original was cool and funny. This one is just for little kids I guess. The same thing goes for The Powerpuff Girls. They just remolded the show to fit a new generation of kids.

Agreed. I prefer the originals as well. I don't really like reboots/adaptations that well. I always end up liking a very small number out of the tons of shows/movies that come out.

I think that Him was one of the most horrifying villains in PPG (the original). He always had a way of creeping me out. I haven't seen what he looks like or how he is in the reboot. Is he the same?

I think that Him was one of the most horrifying villains in PPG (the original). He always had a way of creeping me out. I haven't seen what he looks like or how he is in the reboot. Is he the same?

His voice was weird lol and I only seen one episode when it premiered so idk but I do know that mojojojo looks and sounds the same. They messed up the dad though. Can't believe the good shows were cancelled for reboots :(

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    I agree with the ones you have chosen except Sims 4 and neutral on Star Wars since Ive never watched any of the films.

The recent Fantastic 4 had bad reviews

The recent Fantastic 4 was meh to me. I didn't dislike it, but I disliked how they all got their powers. It looked painfully excruciating and sad. :s
  • WatcherXXWatcherXX Posts: 356 Member
    I have to go with Powerpuff Girls. I can't believe some of the original people are involved in that mess. There is no magic there.

The New Ghostbusters film. Went into it with an open mind, didn't enjoy it at all. Was hard to sit through. Best I can say is that a laughed literally twice, but yeah, just not a good film.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    I got to put Sims 4 right up there.
    What game is that in your avi?! And yes when they said they were going back to the roots I just knew it would be similar to ts1

It's not a game, it's a quickie render from a 3d program.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited January 2017
    @icmnfrsh I loved the original PPG because it was feminist power without trying to be. It was fun & awesome :relaxed: Sorry my statement was just annoyance from an episode written with lgbt undertones. The writers were very exited about releasing this particular episode only to receive very negative come back from the Trans Community.

I do like that they tried to relate to the trans audience but I think in this case it was better they hadn't. That & I don't think the majority of younger audiences would really understand what the episode really conveyed.

Femme Fatale is actually one of my favourite episodes :relaxed:

@Savage_Patch_Kidd I haven't watched the episode (after reading up on it, I really want to watch it xD) but I don't really see how it was offensive?
    Granted I'm really hard to offend (when people use derogatory terms at me, I don't really care; tbh I use them sarcastically to refer to myself half the time) but I can't really see where people are coming from with saying that it's transphobic!

In my opinion, I'm glad that they put it in! For most children, it would be a nice episode about being true to who you are inside. But, for people who understand the underlying storyline better, it shows that there's never a quick way to finally get hormones and surgeries, and it's safer and better to go through the correct pathways and procedures! :) That's what I took from reading up on the episode on a few different sites anyway; I don't see what everyone's so heated about! xD

Tbh, this version of the Powerpuff Girls offended me so much more:
    PowerpuffgirlsCGI.jpg
    WHY?! WHY DID THEY DO THIS?! IT'S ALL WRONG!!!

His voice was weird lol and I only seen one episode when it premiered so idk but I do know that mojojojo looks and sounds the same. They messed up the dad though. Can't believe the good shows were cancelled for reboots :(

They messed up the dad? And, yeah I know what you mean. But, there is one bright side. At least they didn't drag the original cartoons out to the point of us hating or disliking them. There are many shows that I think they should've been ended but are STILL having releases *cough cough* Spongebob *cough cough* Family Guy. I mean, if you're going to keep a show running do it right. I kind of still like the shows but it's not fun, interesting or unique to me anymore -_-.
  • Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    Teen Titans Go. Some of those are bad, but TTG takes the cake!
    WatcherXX wrote: »
    I have to go with Powerpuff Girls. I can't believe some of the original people are involved in that mess. There is no magic there.

The New Ghostbusters film. Went into it with an open mind, didn't enjoy it at all. Was hard to sit through. Best I can say is that a laughed literally twice, but yeah, just not a good film.

Yeah ghost busters for sure !

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    I got to put Sims 4 right up there.
    What game is that in your avi?! And yes when they said they were going back to the roots I just knew it would be similar to ts1

It's not a game, it's a quickie render from a 3d program.

Oh! Nice !

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    edited January 2017
    @icmnfrsh I loved the original PPG because it was feminist power without trying to be. It was fun & awesome :relaxed: Sorry my statement was just annoyance from an episode written with lgbt undertones. The writers were very exited about releasing this particular episode only to receive very negative come back from the Trans Community.

I do like that they tried to relate to the trans audience but I think in this case it was better they hadn't. That & I don't think the majority of younger audiences would really understand what the episode really conveyed.

Femme Fatale is actually one of my favourite episodes :relaxed:

@Savage_Patch_Kidd I haven't watched the episode (after reading up on it, I really want to watch it xD) but I don't really see how it was offensive?
    Granted I'm really hard to offend (when people use derogatory terms at me, I don't really care; tbh I use them sarcastically to refer to myself half the time) but I can't really see where people are coming from with saying that it's transphobic!

In my opinion, I'm glad that they put it in! For most children, it would be a nice episode about being true to who you are inside. But, for people who understand the underlying storyline better, it shows that there's never a quick way to finally get hormones and surgeries, and it's safer and better to go through the correct pathways and procedures! :) That's what I took from reading up on the episode on a few different sites anyway; I don't see what everyone's so heated about! xD

Tbh, this version of the Powerpuff Girls offended me so much more:
    PowerpuffgirlsCGI.jpg
    WHY?! WHY DID THEY DO THIS?! IT'S ALL WRONG!!!

Lol which ppg is that?! I know they had an anime version but what even?!

*Autocorrect edit ugh

L2Oe8ie.jpg

They messed up the dad? And, yeah I know what you mean. But, there is one bright side. At least they didn't drag the original cartoons out to the point of us hating or disliking them. There are many shows that I think they should've been ended but are STILL having releases *cough cough* Spongebob *cough cough* Family Guy. I mean, if you're going to keep a show running do it right. I kind of still like the shows but it's not fun, interesting or unique to me anymore -_-.

Omg yes I feel the same way about SpongeBob lol it stopped being funny to me in 2011 :( I think the Simpsons is over done too. The new SpongeBob's make me cringe I'm like where is the humor?! And yes the dad isn't in his original form because I remembered when he looked like samurai Jack now he doesn't :(

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    @DarkSuperNinja Naah I didn't say it was transphobic, what the writers did was a good thing but the Trans community otherwise thought it could've been done better. I'm not Trans so I can't really say things from their perspective so ... yeah I'l leave it at that. I still think the Anime was the worst.

latest?cb=20140306013551
    3d056cfc5d8dc24fcea4d743b249bded.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Force Awakens is not a reboot LOL And it made 2 billion at the box office.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited January 2017
    @DarkSuperNinja Naah I didn't say it was transphobic, what the writers did was a good thing but the Trans community otherwise thought it could've been done better. I'm not Trans so I can't really say things from their perspective so ... yeah I'l leave it at that. I still think the Anime was the worst.

latest?cb=20140306013551
    3d056cfc5d8dc24fcea4d743b249bded.jpg

@Savage_Patch_Kidd It was more other people saying that when I was searching it up! xD So many people ridiculously offended by the episode! They need to chill the heck down!

I didn't even KNOW there was an Anime version! Who's idea was that?! They should get a full slap in the face! xD
    I didn't even KNOW there was an Anime version! Who's idea was that?! They should get a full slap in the face! xD

Lmao!!! :joy:
    edited January 2017
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Force Awakens is not a reboot LOL And it made 2 billion at the box office.

They redid the characters for a new generation that's why it's on the list lol and alot of stuff can make millions but it doesn't mean it's all that.

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    omniverse_vs__original_ben_10_by_assassin_variablex-d4ooxh1.jpg
    ben 10 omniverse just killing the franchise for the "kids" demographic man i used to love watching the orginal one and this just destroyed everything
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2