Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Is The Worst Reboot?

MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
edited December 2016 in Off Topic Chat
This is all fun and games with no ill intent. All of the reboots I named have received negative reviews here and there but I like them....Not love but anyways let me name a few!

1.Teen Titans Go

2.Avatar: Legend Of Korra

3.The Sims 4

4.The PowerPuff Girls

5.Star Wars The Force Awakens

That's all I could think of for now :s

Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
Post edited by MingYangYo on

Comments

• pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    edited December 2016
    Teen Titans Go. Me and my sister loved Teen Titans! We got excited when they said they were making a new one! But it's just a show made to keep little boys entertained. They even changed the characters personalities!
    fda8319a0cb1f9c01e464bdb1dda787c.jpg
    Plus, the original was cool and funny. This one is just for little kids I guess. The same thing goes for The Powerpuff Girls. They just remolded the show to fit a new generation of kids.
  • MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    @pandabear1836 I like the original too but I love teen titans go lol and I'm a 23 year old woman :D. I agree it is for little kids but I mostly like the music in the show. I am disappointed with powerpuff girls though they should have left that alone :s

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited December 2016
    I agree with the ones you have chosen except Sims 4 and neutral on Star Wars since Ive never watched any of the films.

The recent Fantastic 4 had bad reviews
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    I agree with the ones you have chosen except Sims 4 and neutral on Star Wars since Ive never watched any of the films.

There's a new fantastic 4 ?! And the sims 4 as a reboot of the sims 1 is kind of a let down to me but I still play it when I get bored lol

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Powerpuff Girls.
    I'm a huge Powerpuff Girls fan. I didn't enjoy the Powepuff Girls Special: Dance Pantsed when it came out, and worried about the reboot afterward... Dance Pantsed didn't depict their personalities well and they seemed like totally new, different Powerpuffs than what I remembered. :(
    Although the 2016 show has similarities in art style with the original, it seems a little... Bland. Like it's trying too hard? I don't think there's much substance in story with the reboot, since it seems more like a slap in the face rather than a homage to the original... For me, anyway.

The only episode of Teen Titans Go! I fully watched was the one where Young Justice had a cameo. (I only watched it for that reason because I binged watched both seasons of YG at the time and was thirsty for traces of more LOL.) I liked that episode because they pointed out their flaws of being extremely different from what Teen Titans originally was. As for the show itself, I feel like it went the same way as the Powerpuff Girls had, but I like to think of TTG as a spinoff, not as a reboot, since the art style is completely different.

There are some shows that seem to be able to incorporate the trend of colorful, bubbly characters with extreme expressions and musical-like qualities very well, like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Regular Show without sacrificing story, but maybe it's because the latter are new shows that grew within that trend? Reboots that are nostalgic by name only seem to struggle within those in my age group that grew up with the original shows, though the reception is half and half. My older brother loves TTG. :joy:

I thought Legend of Korra was good. I haven't seen the new Star Wars films yet, so I don't really have an opinion on those... As for the Sims 4, yes, there are things from prior games I wish existed in 4, such as the small creatures that should not be named among other interactions I loved, but I don't think it's bad. It's definitely better than how the original base game was at release. Yikes. :s
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited December 2016
    For me it would be PPG. The writers are complying with scripts that subtly underline current social moralities. Sort of like Steven Universe(Which I do love)but not as successful. It was better when the show was scripted purely for fun without trying to impress social minorities.

I do kinda like the current Teen Titans, mostly because it is amusing & perfect if you want something mind numbing to kill time. I can understand why it has gone in this direction as it is one of Cartoon Networks most grossly viewed content & highly popular with the current target audience.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited December 2016
    For me it would be PPG. The writers are complying with scripts that subtly underline current social moralities. Sort of like Steven Universe(Which I do love)but not as successful. It was better when the show was scripted purely for fun without trying to impress social minorities.

You clearly missed a couple of episodes in the original PPG that have feminist themes, most notably the episode with Femme Fatale, the female robber who only wants Susan B. Anthony coins. And the fact that Ms. Bellum, the Mayor's secretary (who, in a bad move, was omitted in the new series btw) is an intelligent and competent woman who keeps the city from falling apart. The old show discussed social themes at times too.

I've seen clips of the new Teen Titans Go, and it seems bad. Really bad. Robin is just an idiot, unlike his original counterpart. I'd say it's the worst. At least Sims 4 is somewhat fun, even if I don't like it as much.

The Legend of Korra is more of a sequel than a reboot, and all I've heard about it is praise, so I don't think anyone would say it's the worst reboot.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Are we allowed to go off the board?
    If so I cast my vote for "Total Recall" awful, awful movie.
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited December 2016
    MingYangYo wrote: »

There's a new fantastic 4 ?! And the sims 4 as a reboot of the sims 1 is kind of a let down to me but I still play it when I get bored lol

@MingYangYo You didn't know about the new Fantastic Four?! It was everywhere!

Speaking of Fan4stic, its probably one of the worst reboots I've ever heard of! I didn't go to see it, and I sure missed a bullet there!

I mean, what the actual fudge did they do to Doctor Doom?! He's one of the most powerful villains in the Marvel Comic Universe, and they made him look like Tron had an unfortunate baby with a crash test dummy! D:
    latest?cb=20150808061834
    edited December 2016
    @icmnfrsh I loved the original PPG because it was feminist power without trying to be. It was fun & awesome :relaxed: Sorry my statement was just annoyance from an episode written with lgbt undertones. The writers were very exited about releasing this particular episode only to receive very negative come back from the Trans Community.

I do like that they tried to relate to the trans audience but I think in this case it was better they hadn't. That & I don't think the majority of younger audiences would really understand what the episode really conveyed.

Femme Fatale is actually one of my favourite episodes :relaxed:
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    Off the top of my head, the Jaws film series. Saw them on Netflix not long ago. The acting got less realistic, especially after the second one.
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Are we allowed to go off the board?
    If so I cast my vote for "Total Recall" awful, awful movie.

Any reboot is allowed :)

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    Off the top of my head, the Jaws film series. Saw them on Netflix not long ago. The acting got less realistic, especially after the second one.

Lol yes I totally forgot about those!

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    The new powerpuff girls makes my tummy hurt. Guess the kid in me that loved them is gone :s and why does it look like Clarence!? I hope they don't do Dexter's laboratory !!!

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    MingYangYo wrote: »

@MingYangYo You didn't know about the new Fantastic Four?! It was everywhere!

Speaking of Fan4stic, its probably one of the worst reboots I've ever heard of! I didn't go to see it, and I sure missed a bullet there!

I mean, what the actual fudge did they do to Doctor Doom?! He's one of the most powerful villains in the Marvel Comic Universe, and they made him look like Tron had an unfortunate baby with a crash test dummy! D:
    latest?cb=20150808061834

Omg I remember now lol I didn't care for it! See how it went right by me.Lmao!!!

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    I got to put Sims 4 right up there.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
    I got to put Sims 4 right up there.
    What game is that in your avi?! And yes when they said they were going back to the roots I just knew it would be similar to ts1

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    @icmnfrsh I loved the original PPG because it was feminist power without trying to be. It was fun & awesome :relaxed: Sorry my statement was just annoyance from an episode written with lgbt undertones. The writers were very exited about releasing this particular episode only to receive very negative come back from the Trans Community.

I do like that they tried to relate to the trans audience but I think in this case it was better they hadn't. That & I don't think the majority of younger audiences would really understand what the episode really conveyed.

Femme Fatale is actually one of my favourite episodes :relaxed:

Well, I get it. I haven't seen the new episodes yet (don't really watch a lot of TV these days) but I guess if the message is too forced, it can come across as being too preachy. I like how the old series sometimes had social messages while still being fun. It's a great formula for a kid's show.

I was also browsing the PPG wiki last night, and I came across an episode from the old series that I've never seen: Substitute Creature. The aesop was pretty blatant (Blossom even mentioned it at the end) but it was still a pretty fun episode. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited December 2016
    @icmnfrsh I'm gonna check it out, I really wanna see this :lol:

I actually never researched if PPG had banned episodes. I know Dexters Lab had a banned episode resurface recently where they cuss throughout the show. But at least it's not as bad as Pokemons "Dennō Senshi Porygon" (Episode 38) 700 Japanese children suffered from bouts of dizziness, headaches, blurred vision, & in some cases, seizures.
    @icmnfrsh I'm gonna check it out, I really wanna see this :lol:

I actually never researched if PPG had banned episodes. I know Dexters Lab had a banned episode resurface recently where they cuss throughout the show. But at least it's not as bad as Pokemons "Dennō Senshi Porygon" (Episode 38) 700 Japanese children suffered from bouts of dizziness, headaches, blurred vision, & in some cases, seizures.

I don't think it was banned. AFAIK it was only shown in conventions and was never meant to be broadcast. :D I did get to see it online a few years ago, though.

I've also heard of the Pokemon seizure episode. :D

And as far as I know, PPG doesn't have any banned episodes. Unless there were a couple I've seen that were banned in the US later on.

edited December 2016
    @icmnfrsh I hope not, that would frustrate me & send me on a wild goose chase :lol:

Though "Him" was a recurring nightmare in my childhood. I can still remember his first debut, his voice absolutely terrified me :persevere:

You just reminded me of an episode of Cow & Chicken where chicken opens the kitchen closet. Inside the closet you see a brief glimpse Mom & Dad's top half :fearful:
    @icmnfrsh I hope not, that would frustrate me & send me on a wild goose chase :lol:

Though "Him" was a recurring nightmare in my childhood. I can still remember his first debut, his voice absolutely terrified me :persevere:

You just reminded me of an episode of Cow & Chicken where chicken opens the kitchen closet. Inside the closet you see a brief glimpse Mom & Dad's top half :fearful:

Him scared me too. Especially the Speed Demon episode. I can't believe that show is for kids.

I also remember seeing their top halves. It was a recurring thing to show them as just legs. Cow and Chicken is even more bizarre, and I can't believe I watched that show as a kid.

Also, I just realized that The Force Awakens is part of the choices. I haven't seen it either, but all I hear about it is praise as well. :0

Many of the 90s kids shows were surprisingly violent & disturbing. The CGI mummy from Courage the Cowardly Dog still disturbs me to this day :persevere:

I haven't seen any of the new Star Wars movies either but my bro absolutely loves it. Rest in Peace Carrie <3
    Many of the 90s kids shows were surprisingly violent & disturbing. The CGI mummy from Courage the Cowardly Dog still disturbs me to this day :persevere:

I haven't seen any of the new Star Wars movies either but my bro absolutely loves it. Rest in Peace Carrie <3

Rip to her and now her mother :(

Courage use to scare my aunt when I was a child lol I loved it. I like the little red cat with the music and I remember that mummy lol "return the slab" ?! Idk if I got that right haha

L2Oe8ie.jpg
    Him from PPG always reminded me of Lady Gaga. She stole their fashion lol

L2Oe8ie.jpg