Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what do you think of famale and male gamers youtubers

brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
Please note that this my opinion and how i feel and I want to know if anyone else feels the same way. I am not trying to offend anyone by writting this but I really would like to know if i am the only one who feels this way.

So yeah I have been thinking about this for a while now and i notice something there is a bit of a noitceable difference between female gamers and male gamers at least on youtube. I have seen quite a few video game lets plays or even reviews from gamers and I tend to notice well the way female gamers handle their games are different then male gamers. do not get me wrong I have seen not so good male gamers. but I also see female gamers who tend to act way too enthusastic about the game they are playing. Again I have seen it also in male gamers but it seems to be more common in female gamers. Plus i tend to notice female gamers tend to sometimes focus on the fact that they are girls rather then the game they are playing. Like i said I have also seen male gamers not exactly keep focus as well but I tend to find male gamers somewhat more focused and or even just entertaining then female gamers. I mean I wont lie I cant exactly say I have seen a female gamer that is really entertaining to me at least. they usually come across as not really focused or just really way too enthusastic about the game. granted i do not go out of my way to find that many gamer youtubers male or female but the ones I have come across its usually the male gamers who tend to be more entertaining and in some cases more focused and even kind of down to earth. like i said this is my opinion and how i feel and i just want to see if anyone else notices this kind of trend.

Comments

• KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    I can understand where you are coming from. I don't have any female game YouTubers that I watch aside from a few Simmer youtubers. I find those to be entertaining compared to them playing other games for some reason. Maybe yours explanation is why. It's nothing against them, I just haven't found one, yet. I get what you mean. I've come across some female gamers from the collabs that they do with the males that I watch. Those were/are funny.

I think that it also has to do with preferences as well. Likewise, it depends on the games they play and how their commentary is.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    KLAlexis wrote: »
    I can understand where you are coming from. I don't have any female game YouTubers that I watch aside from a few Simmer youtubers. I find those to be entertaining compared to them playing other games for some reason. Maybe yours explanation is why. It's nothing against them, I just haven't found one, yet. I get what you mean. I've come across some female gamers from the collabs that they do with the males that I watch. Those were/are funny.

I think that it also has to do with preferences as well. Likewise, it depends on the games they play and how their commentary is.

its ironic because i actually feel like female simmer youtubers fall into the same cateogry sort off because i also think youtube simmers in general for the most part fall into a different cateagory all together thats unlike the first one and can not really stand watching them for the most part.
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    I dunno, I don't watch many female Lets Play YouTubers! I guess I just haven't come across any I like yet! Then again, I don't watch many Lets Players anyway, so the chance that I'm going to come across ANY Lets Players I like, nevermind female, is next to nothing tbh! xD
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've only come across 2 female LPers that I liked. They played Sims and other games. I'm not a bubbly person and to me, most females are over bubbly. Some people like that, but I don't. It's just a preference. I'm very picky about who I watch. There are only 3 or 4 that I watch consistently.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    I thought about creating Youtube videos of challenges that I like to do with Sims 4, but I'm a stay at home mom. My kiddo would be heard in the background doing his thing, and possibly interrupting my recording for juice or to potty, haha. I have seen some Twitch streamers that have kids in their streams, and it seems better since it is all live. The Twitch person I like to watch is JOJOSaysBreee. She just says she will be right back to get her kiddo what he needs, and is back streaming.I kind of feel with pre-recording videos people would expect me to edit out my son's shennanigans in the background. I've been toying with the idea, but idk
    Origin ID: CieloSims
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    Please note that this my opinion and how i feel and I want to know if anyone else feels the same way. I am not trying to offend anyone by writting this but I really would like to know if i am the only one who feels this way.

So yeah I have been thinking about this for a while now and i notice something there is a bit of a noitceable difference between female gamers and male gamers at least on youtube. I have seen quite a few video game lets plays or even reviews from gamers and I tend to notice well the way female gamers handle their games are different then male gamers. do not get me wrong I have seen not so good male gamers. but I also see female gamers who tend to act way too enthusastic about the game they are playing. Again I have seen it also in male gamers but it seems to be more common in female gamers. Plus i tend to notice female gamers tend to sometimes focus on the fact that they are girls rather then the game they are playing. Like i said I have also seen male gamers not exactly keep focus as well but I tend to find male gamers somewhat more focused and or even just entertaining then female gamers. I mean I wont lie I cant exactly say I have seen a female gamer that is really entertaining to me at least. they usually come across as not really focused or just really way too enthusastic about the game. granted i do not go out of my way to find that many gamer youtubers male or female but the ones I have come across its usually the male gamers who tend to be more entertaining and in some cases more focused and even kind of down to earth. like i said this is my opinion and how i feel and i just want to see if anyone else notices this kind of trend.

It's really not surprising at all that a male would connect better with the way another male approaches the game.
    Fasinating topic though.

• ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    circa1986 wrote: »
    I thought about creating Youtube videos of challenges that I like to do with Sims 4, but I'm a stay at home mom. My kiddo would be heard in the background doing his thing, and possibly interrupting my recording for juice or to potty, haha. I have seen some Twitch streamers that have kids in their streams, and it seems better since it is all live. The Twitch person I like to watch is JOJOSaysBreee. She just says she will be right back to get her kiddo what he needs, and is back streaming.I kind of feel with pre-recording videos people would expect me to edit out my son's shennanigans in the background. I've been toying with the idea, but idk

I think you should do it, but just find the time to do when your kids is sleeping or when he finally goes to school or visit someone in your family for the weekend, or however you would do it, that's just some of my ideals....I think you should watch other female simmers on YouTube and see how they do their videos...and find ways were your videos can be better or different..i get bored with watching male or female simmers because everyone one is basically playing the same the game just at different paces with different stories but the roots of it is the same....so if you can be unique and stand out from the rest of the crowd and get your subscription in the thousands and above then go for...because i use to do you tube videos but i never was able to capture a big audience so it becomes pointless after a while when you notice your subscription isn't going up and a couple of years has passed by...
    pO5uos8.jpg
    Thank you for your post, @ThePoeticPreacher. I think it will be best if I can do it when he naps, or when he is asleep at night. I'm not too worried with growing a super big audience, as I know that takes time. I just want to share with the world the things that go on in my Sims' lives :)
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    Please note that this my opinion and how i feel and I want to know if anyone else feels the same way. I am not trying to offend anyone by writing this but I really would like to know if i am the only one who feels this way.

In defense of the ladies me being male simmer who subscribed to a lot of simmers on YouTube male and female, I find it very irritating with male simmers who want to be goofy and silly with the game, like one YouTuber called CaptainSauce, he always record overly silly recording of the sims game, or I don't watch you do a video where you cheat through the whole game...That's one thing i can't stand is watching goofy men do Sims video, then again some people like that kind of stuff, so it depends on what you like. As far as males go I prefer to watch the Sim Supply but he dives straight into the game play and takes the game seriously. I do agree even though i'm subscribed to a lot of female simmers, i barely watch them because they are to girly and over excited about the game, they make it almost seem like their life is nothing without the game, and i don't feel that reality where your whole joy and happiness is based on a PC game, talking about getting everything from life....I feel like the female focus to much on stories instead just playing and grinding out the game, like i don't care about the story i just want to see you max out the vampire skills and powers or get your toddlers to max out all their skills before they become kids, or discovery all the food dishes in City Living...As a male all I care about when it comes to the Sims 4 is game play action just like any other game. I want to see the goals and achievements of the game mastered if anything. so me that is where the female fail to deliver and most of the goofy male simmers that are on YouTube....even some of the regular male simmers or boring...as far as game play is concern it don't make sense watching dozens of simmers on YouTube because it's like watching the same game over and over except someone different is playing it.....So I tend to watch the Sim Supply as my go to simmer on YouTube...but i do enjoy females play other games where their girly-ness can't become a part of the story, and that's why the Sim game is the way it is because anybody can act out the game in any form...But i enjoy this female who plays this new game called "Oxygen Not Included" and she mastered the game in a way where all the other males on YouTube is no where near how good she is at the game...so it all depends on what kind of game it is...the sims game was kind of built in the likeness for female, i remember a female called out my manhood a few years ago for playing the game and said that game is for girls, it's a doll house game...and i defended myself and sail the game is architect game and it's for males or females..so just maybe, maybe something is wrong with us guys for playing the game...because in a way the sims is a dollhouse game that women played when they where children except now it's a PC game and us boys secretly been wanting to play doll house with the girls....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I watch male gamers such as jacksepticeye. The only time I watch female gamers is watching Sims lps but even then the one I prefer most is male
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
    I like watching Sim Supply also. He has some neat builds too. I tried watching one female simmer, but bless her heart, her voice was like nails on a chalkboard. She was way too enthusiastic too, like she was trying too hard. She had quite a few followers, so I'm glad someone likes her content.
  • MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    I am a youtuber , and I love it , its so nice to create content so I love watching other youtubers too.
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    Yeah, I can't stand most of the female simmers. They act really dumb, it's annoying. Like they never played the game before :|
    Yeah, I can't stand most of the female simmers. They act really dumb, it's annoying. Like they never played the game before :|

I totally agree with what you said, they talk and play like it's there first time playing the game...it would make sense to learn the game then record it on YouTube when you know what your doing...
    pO5uos8.jpg
    circa1986 wrote: »
    I like watching Sim Supply also. He has some neat builds too. I tried watching one female simmer, but bless her heart, her voice was like nails on a chalkboard. She was way too enthusiastic too, like she was trying too hard. She had quite a few followers, so I'm glad someone likes her content.

I know what you mean, plus they be so busy trying to tell a story tell no game play is happening, then the stories stretch out for ever because they are playing the game to slow for the sake of a story...
    pO5uos8.jpg
    @ThePoeticPreacher, oh yes, I've experienced that spectrum too. People playing too slow, or it can go the other way. I read a blog once of a legacy challenge. All they had were pictures of Sims and their names, but no real story to it. I like the happy medium of story, pictures, and play :D
  • MellowMellow Posts: 138 Member
    Also , I love the voice of James, and the LifeSimmer .
    21mc6e0.jpg
    My youtube channel with all my Sim paintings and CAS , speed builds HERE!