Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kat Silver "Multi-Simmer" Random Legacy

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Simasaurus09 Poor Stiles ;) Well, at least he's got his tattoo :D Love the name Willow for a girl!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Willow is indeed a nice name! Is on my name list from now on.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I know the thread has been silent. I haven't abandoned the Silver Random Legacy. At first I was really into the toddler in Sims 4, and now I'm just being lazy. I had to uninstall and reinstall my graphic driver the other day. My GPU wouldn't Idle even when I wasn't playing games or anything.

I found a solution, but it required redoing the graphic driver. And I haven't even opened sims 3 since cause I've heard that once you update your graphic driver with Nvidia, you have to complete redo Sims 3 settings.

I knew this, and should have wrote down all the settings I had my sims 3 at in my Nvidia control panel. I didn't (hindsight, right? LOL) and now I'm dreading trying to get my settings back to normal. It literally took me a week of playing and adjusting the settings before I was happy with how the game looked.

The kids went to Nana's this weekend, and if I don't go on the truck with my husband while they're at Nana's, I'll go in and fix my settings. I am dying to know who the daddy is!
    p8L4V6v.png
  • kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sims are idiots. My second generation heir is a firefighter, so I've been having him live at the fire station during the week and only going home on weekends. I haven't been controlling the others much except to make sure they fulfill their needs. So...he comes home Friday afternoon and all the plumbing is broken and there are dirty dishes everywhere...he spent all weekend fixing things (partly a good thing since he get job experience from Handiness) and cleaning everything...even using cheats to 'fix' his needs it takes him all weekend to do everything.
    Living at home is Kat, her husband Casper (not anyone's father, but his LTW is Perfect Garden and I needed a Farmer), oldest son Owen, the Heir Gunnar, his husband Robin and the next vic-Heir, Kelton.

Kelton's rolls:
    Second Chance - This works like Couple, with the added requirement that your sim must have at least two partners/spouses over the course of his/her generation. The first partner must be in at least partner (boyfriend/girlfriend) status, and you must have at least one child by the first partner/spouse. The first partner/spouse must be moved in and everything. ... At some point after you have had at least one child by the first partner/spouse, that partner/spouse must go, either by death or break-up/divorce/separation. Then, your heir must find another sim to marry or move in. If you roll for only one child it must be by the first partner. If you roll for more than one you can divide them between the two partners however you like, so long as at least one is from the first partner.
    - If you roll Perfect Careers or Fulfilled as goals, you may choose to reroll, since your partners may not have enough time to reach max careers or fulfill a LTW. But you may keep those rolls if you think you can manage them. If you choose to keep one of those goals, only one partner has to fulfill it, whichever one is in your control for the longest time.
    - You may use a mod to achieve the death of the first partner, if you've chosen to kill them.
    - For Secondary careers, roll twice, once for the first partner and one for the second.
    Lifeguard
    Part Time Job – Your choice, as there's not much functional difference.
    Ghost Hunting (AMB)
    Property Mogul - Buy parts of at least 3 rabbit holes in town. You don't have to be the owner, only at least a partner. You can also buy venues, and upgrade them. You are allowed to collect on the funds generated by these properties.
    Live Your Trait - Choose one of your heir's 5 traits to live by. The heir, starting at YA age, will have to do something every day that reflects this trait, and must fulfill any wishes that come up that are related to this trait, up to 5 wishes a day.
    - If your heir rolls more than 5 trait related wishes in a day, you only have to do 5, though you can certainly do more. (Except for wishes related to the trait that would require you to break the income restriction rules).
    - Not every trait will be suitable for this rule, so you must be sure when choosing traits for your heir that you pick one that can be used for this rule. It must be a trait that allows you to actively do something every day for this trait and gives you wishes you can fulfill.

So far, Kat is an elder, level 3 in Business, I doubt she'll make it to level 10 even though the elder life stage is at the maximum length possible...maybe if she'd started the game at the beginning of the YA life stage, so she'll probably fail "Perfect Careers", aced "No Strangers" on the lot. I still don't have anyone with a high enough painting skill, so might fail the whole "Hall of Fame" thing. Probably won't achieve her LTW "Living in Lap of Luxury" either.

Gunnar is level 8 Firefighter (mostly due to improving his Handiness), totally failed the "Social Bunny" thing since he's been too busy cleaning up after his family to go out. (I think I'll remove all the sinks and install Public Showers, and only one trash can. Maybe then they'll clean up). Doubt I'll finish his LTW "Rescue 30 sims from Fire", I think only about a third of the alarms were for large house fires. I don't know if it's because my game is laggy or what, but it takes him forever to complete a one of those (even with me teleporting him over as soon as the alarm goes off). Owen is about level 5 in Busking. Casper is supposed to a Farmer, but he's not very enthusiastic about it. (Of course he is older than Kat, so...) Robin is in Law Enforcement, not sure what level. I know he hasn't hit the branch yet.

Kelton is about to start his new job as a Lifeguard at Sunset Valley Beach. Don't know who he'll marry or how many kids he'll have with them.

edited January 2017
    @kethrydrake would you like to post pictures please? It's a bit difficult to read that wall of text without actually knowing who and what the sims are, what they look like etc. ;)
    Also, you mentioned a firefighter, but in your latest post and on your posts on the previous page I see nowhere a sim should be a firefighter? You're only allowed to do the careers you rolled, and then for a specific sim. I hope you know?

By the way, if you don't know how you can post pictures, I guess you would have already done otherwise: You can upload them to a site like photobucket or imgur, then go to your profile or something like that, your pictures --> right click on picture --> copy url --> paste the url in the little window you get ('image url') of you click on the black, folded piece of paper in the post a message interface.
    edited January 2017
    Oh, right...I lost my first save (the game couldn't find it) and had to start again. I think I decided to re-roll some things...either that or I put the wrong thing down. My bad. Anyway, he's a firefighter instead of a PI. Actually, I don't know why I changed it. But...he did roll "The Joker" so let's just say I used that to change PI to Firefighter...

Pictures...well, I hate posting pictures on the forums (I find it too much of a hassle to upload them to Photobucket and then link to, but I could probably post them on wordpress and post a link or something...

Edit:
    no pictures but family tree...
    Kat Silver's Sims 3 Family Tree
    Post edited by kethrydrake on
    Oh, right...I lost my first save (the game couldn't find it) and had to start again. I think I decided to re-roll some things...either that or I put the wrong thing down. My bad. Anyway, he's a firefighter instead of a PI. Actually, I don't know why I changed it. But...he did roll "The Joker" so let's just say I used that to change PI to Firefighter...

Pictures...well, I hate posting pictures on the forums (I find it too much of a hassle to upload them to Photobucket and then link to, but I could probably post them on wordpress and post a link or something...

You don't have to link to them. Just put the image url (right click --> copy image url) in the little, rectangular window you get clicking on the black folded paper in the making-a-post-interface (fourth icon from right) and the image should just pop up here.
    By the way, what about clicking on 'oploading pictures' and selecting some is 'too much of a hassle'?.
    Seriously, you may post them here or somewhere else, put I really think it would be nice for me and the other readers in your challenge to actually see what happens in your game.

Also, I don't know if your already do it or not, but always do 'save as' instead of just 'save', it prevents crashing a lot better and if you then put the previous saves in a folder somewhere, you can go back easily to earlier moments in your game.
    See the thing is, I do 'Save as". I hadn't moved/altered anything about the file. Simply when I loaded the game back up, it didn't show up. Since it was still early in the game (while Kat was pregnant with third child), I just decided to start over.

Anyway, I have family tree posted and linked and have pictures to add to it. I've been having *issues* with Chrome so sometimes I have to completely restart my computer in order to fix it.
    Saw the pictures in the family tree! Gunnar doesn't look extremely bad from far!
    Anyway, I really hope you'll post pictures here too in the future ;)
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, well, I haven't posted pics on the forums in years. In other news, I'm doing a Sims 4 version of this as well, so family tree (complete with pics):

Kat Silver Sims 4

If you click on biographical, you'll find their traits, LTW/Aspiration, career, and random rolls!
    It's not a totally complete family tree since I got tired of tracing out the family tree, but I got the immediate relatives...
    So Generation 4 of my Sims 4 Version has been born. My Heir was abducted by aliens as a teen and came home pregnant with twin girls! So Gen 4 will be an alien...also, his father is pregnant with his second alien child!

I decided aliens are eligible as heirs if they fulfill three conditions:
    1 - They have to born to the heir.
    2 - The heir has not already filled all his/her allotted children spots.
    3 - Does not conflict with the Family Status Roll.
    Kaiden rolled Single parent with 2 children. As a teen he had twin alien daughters. Therefore one of them will be heir.
    edited February 2017
    edited February 2017
    I downloaded Kat and decided to give it a try. I officially abandoned one of my other families (simblr-sims family, and what's the point of keeping a sims family you don't have a lot with anyway if you only want to be on simblr to follow SOME blogs anymore) so I have more time now (I try to always have two saves for some variation)
    I already did this kind of challenge but didn't really care about the rules back then to make it easier but, why...? Maybe it will be more fun more difficult anyway, also, with this kind of 'group' thing it will probably be.

(I also have to get my mind of things and just playing sims right now - for my other save - the Alfredos - I have to write stuff and I'm not in the mood for that - is a good thing for that. I guess)

My rolls are:
    Marital Status: Single Parent

Number of Children:
     1 Child

Primary Career: Business

Generational Goal: Perfectionist

Choose a skill for your Sim to be perfect at. Your Sim must max this skill, and also complete all skill challenges related to this skill (found in the Skill Journal of your Sim's Skill Panel), except in cases where the skill challenge requires your Sim to make money to complete the challenge. Exceptions example: in the instruments skill challenge, Money Maker requires your Sim to earn 25k in tips and cannot be completed unless your Sim rolled Busker, and the writing skill, which requires you to earn royalties and therefore cannot be completed unless your Sim rolled writer as a career, and in the mixology skill's Master Mixologist challenge, which requires your Sim to earn money moonlighting at bars, and cannot be completed unless your Sim has rolled Mixologist as a career. Another exception in the Mixology skill challenge is for Professor of Drinks, which can't be completed unless you have every type of bar in your neighborhood (learning all the drinks requires all the bars be available to learn their unique drinks.) So, if the town you are playing in does not have every type of bar in place, you are exempted from completing Professor of Drinks. There may be other skill challenges that we have not noticed which cannot be completed because they require skill based income, or something that's unfair to expect every town to have, etc. If you find one, please report it in the MTS thread; those challenges will be specifically exempted as well.

Miscellaneous Fun: Fighter

Get into a fight or bar brawl every Sim week. (Sunday to Saturday). The fighter can be the heir or the spouse/partner (unless you've rolled single parent; then obviously the heir must be the fighter).
    edited February 2017
    Ugh -_- I just let Bridgeport load for a loooooooong time (that's such a long world to load!) and built her a house when I discovered we must play in Sunset Valley in a certain house...So...Must this? I can't really imagine 'my' Kat in SV anyway.

edit: Nevermind, closed the game and downloaded the house.

edit 2: and she has to have certain traits xD (I kept her having her traits in the download) maybe it's good for me when I read the startpost just a few more times all over, in case I forget things xD
    And...The first part after the game crashed and I have to restart it again because I have to remember myself of the fact shuttign the window with the windows-button when saving isn't a smart idea!

At first, I changed two things about her:
    1. Some of her clothing, obviously
    2. Her haircolour - but I think this is allowed since @Simasaurus09 did too? It's chestnut brown now. A totally different colour but I can't stand the blonde she had and I think the brown kinda fits her.
    3. Her nose. Not really, actually: just resized it and then made it bigger again with oneeuromutt's twin sliders: otherwise, her nose looks like a big potatoe as a male sim. EA's wonderful genetics
    4. That's all, I guess. Yeah I didn't know she has freckles and when i saw them on her I was like: "hu?" so I deleted them, then I realized she must have them so I put them back, but I have a thousand downloaded freckles in de cas details and well...It are other freckles.
    This is what she looks like now:
    iyLKCex.jpg

So...Here is the first part!
    pKYAdSA.jpg
    Kat Silver. She was twenty-two years old, came from Appaloosa Plains, just finished university and was ready to settle down and have a career. A busy career: she wished to become the director of one of the biggest companies in the world, telecommunicationcompany Strawberry. Right here in Sunset Valley.
    She had been frugal the past few years and now she finally had her own house.
    DJggYUj.jpg
    She looked around. At first sight, it was perfect. But there was work to do: Sollicitating by Strawberry. So, she called a taxi, stepped in as it arrived and commanded the driver to ride her to the big Strawberry office.
    jx3gP2Z.jpg
    zAGpLAk.jpg

Enjoying the rest of the day in her new town? No, Kat wasn't like that. Instead, she called a taxi again and went to the Sports center where she followed a lesson in athletics. She was still in the athletic atmosphere when going grocery shopping: She went to the supermarket jogging.
    MnSEyV9.jpg

She bought salad, yoghurt, cheese, tofu, cereal...Enough food to stay alive for a week. She wanted to go home and cook herself her dinner, when she suddenly thought of something and grabbed her phone. She suddenly couldn't remember what time she had to be at her work the next day and called her boss Thornton Wolff.
    Five minutes later, she finally went - not going home to actually see her house a bit better. First, something else.
    pzS4DjH.jpg

A car. It was and old, ugly thing and she feared he would be broken inmediately if she drove too hard - but after the lessons and grocery shopping she was almost broke. Taxis where expensive and without buying a car with the few money she had left, she would have a problem soon.*
    KNTS00D.jpg

As her plan was, she cooked herself some dinner. Mac & Cheese. The pain preparation went well: she only cut her finger twice. After cooking...Well, it was burned. But she was hungry and it had been a busy day and ate it anyway.
    TP6pGgr.jpg
    x7lmFiX.jpg

Then she called her boss, again. She couldn't stop wondering wether it was 8 AM or 9 Am she had to be at her work. 8 AM to 2 PM, she now knew for sure.
    WSyoMYs.jpg

But she would still be too late. She had the grazy idea to go to work jogging the next day, there where showers at work and she hadn't received her work clothing yet anyway, so it would be okay. She incalculated the time she had perfectly, but still showed up ten minutes late. And she knew it. "First, you call me twice when I'm busy, to know when you have to be here, and then you're too late?"
    "Yes, but..."
    "I don't care because you're just knew here and seem motivated. Now, get to work."
    imt9X8S.jpg

And wasn't the nicest first day ever, but it was okay, though and stressful. After work she went to the fitness to train off her stress.
    9yzY4q8.jpg
    apDXSuy.jpg
    L3cNDqd.jpg
    4YMwi2Q.jpg

Probably because she was so tired after working out, she felt asleep inmediately and woke up early the next morning. She washed her workout clothing from the previous day and dried it too and then she went to work: taking the carpool this time, she didn't want to be late twice.
    IKFlzwJ.jpg
    6jYQ8Ig.jpg

*I sold the ITF-portal and the university kit, as I consider it start items in the inventory (though it wasn't really there) and the rules say it's allowed to sell start items every sim automatically gets. I also sold her camera.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited February 2017
    This looks interesting, and I love the idea. So, I'll play along too. I posted to my Word Press account:
    https://iamciane.wordpress.com/legacy/random-legacy/

I posted the screen captures for the rolls on my blog, but here's the short version:
    I rolled couple with help, 3 children, Sports Agent (with Dumpster Diving on the side) and Video Game Engineer (How did I get two uni careers on that roll??) They both need to max all the skills associated with their careers and make it to the top as well as get a perfect GPA at uni. And, for random fun they need to live by one trait. (I chose Ambitious.)

This is Kat with a gender-modified EA hair by Wojtek:
    screenshot.jpg?w=500
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @kethrydrake Happy to have you share here with or without pictures. It's interesting to see Kat in Sims 4. Hope you are having fun with her. It will be sad when she finally passes away in someones game. :sweat:

@GITTE2001 In my books you hit the jackpot with your roll. :p I have a fear of getting a roll that will result in a full house. Kat will be a fighter in your game just like Chelle. How cool.

You can defiantly change hair color, makeup, and clothes. CC is fine. It's the face we are not allowed to touch. Sorry about Kats "potato nose". :D It's what makes her unique I thought. No worries if you break some rules. I'm sure Chelle won't mind but she can comment on that. It still looks similar. Btw, I like her in that hair color. Hopefully she doesn't burn down the house! :p

@ciane Dumpster Diving is the best. :D Sounds like a busy roll but fun. Kat off to Uni should be fun to read. I'm already thinking about what her kids will look like with Tiberius Willard. She lucked out and I bet they will be cute together.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello all... it's been a while.

I recently built a new rig and have been preoccupied with other games. I just pulled up my DeviceConfig and it still reads my old specs because I installed the same drive from my previous rig. When I tested the game briefly, it ran the same but I'm afraid I may have to reinstall the game to generate a new DeviceConfig file just to avoid any future issues. No clue when I will get back in game but hopefully soon. :)

P.S. I requested a name change on these forums so I may be under a different name soon. Will be sure to let people here know if it goes through.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Simasaurus09 - I am happy to have dumpster diving, though I'm not sure how that will work out with an unlucky sim. She rolled that unlucky day moodlet already on her first day!
    edited February 2017
    @Simasaurus09 No, no! Her nose as a girl is fine - it just changes in a huge potato on male sims and that can be a bit unice for male children, and since she's only allowed to have one...Her nose shape is basically the same, I just tweaked a bit with the sliders I mentioned so the size of her nose as a female is the same as the size of her nose as a male now. Bye bye potato nose on males! I use those sliders all the time on my own sims by the way. Way less restrictions that way without having a midget nose on female sims or a potato on male sims.
    @ciane nice you'll participate too! It's getting pretty busy here.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    What an interesting twist on co-playing/multi-simming :)

Have this thread bookmarked so I can go and read all about Kat's various adventures.
    Going to be fun trying to not get them all mixed up.
    **chuckles**

Good Luck to Kat! And Kat! And Kat!...

p.s. **pssst**
    In case any of y'all are interested, @mastressalita keeps a catalogue of user-submitted Sim Stories and Legacies. It's a great resource for finding new stories to read/follow and sharing the ones you write!

Stories & Legacies Index
    edited February 2017
    Hey guys! Sorry been gone so long. I did finally go into Sims 3 to adjust my settings back, which wasn't nearly as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. I surprised myself with remembering where and what was *mostly* set last time.

I have been into a genetics game lately in Sims 3, when I do get to play. I'm just having a hard time with the "story" aspect of Kat's save. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to creative writing and I'm my own worst critic, so I feel I'm leaving things hanging, not sure how to tie up a few things, and letting it get to me. I might make it more a "relaxed" story... more a play-by-play and less creative story. When the story is in my head (and not on paper) then things don't have to "tie together neatly"... I don't have to have the "why did such and such happen" I just go with what's fun for that moment, and I'm losing the fun trying to make sure everything wraps in a neat little bow.

I am hoping to play Kat today. I started the game up the other day and only got as far as a couple sim hours before I began feeling overwhelmed and shut the game off. So I'm hoping my new approach will be okay. :)

Okay, onto others post. I'm hoping to keep this active, especially now that we have a couple new players! :smiley::smiley:

I'll update the first couple posts with everyone's Kat info.

*ps* I'd love to know how Kat gets on with cooking in everyone else's game, since she seem to really struggle with it in mine and @Simasaurus09 game.

@kethrydrake Glad to have you join us! <3 I'm loving that we have a few people here and I'm happy to read how your Kat does! Love the family tree! Your Kat save has gone really far! <3 it! And I love the Sims 4 version of Kat. How fun that you have her in both games. And WOW... such large family trees. I'm jelly. My family trees are rarely so flesh out. Amazing job there!

Just a gentle reminded, this is a challenge and you're not *technically* suppose to use cheats for needs and what not. Having said that, ultimately, it's your game and you decide how to play. Personally, I always feel the rules of a challenge make the game more fun since I can't do this or that. I'd say, if you just absolutely can't enjoy the game without cheats, keep it to a minimum. Again, in the end, it's your game and you play it how it's fun for you.

@GITTE2001 So glad you decided to join! Kat looks good in that hair color! I agree, you have a really good roll! We both got fighter, how fun! :D:D I'd have preferred to keep Kat unedited - genetics wise - but, again, it's your game and if you absolutely couldn't handle her nose, a small edit isn't a big deal. As long as Kat remains "Kat". We did change her traits for them to match each others game. I thought it would be fun to see how she fair in different games and how her life progressed. We do have to live in Sunset Valley, in the same house. But you can progress and move to where you please, as money allows. That's part of Kat's life progressing... where she and her descendants end up can be vastly different in everyone's game (which is why I had it set where we all start the same).

Poor Kat, burning food in your version, too! :D:D

@ciane Welcome! Glad you are joining us! Your rolls sounds a bit on the difficult side (two uni careers, live by one trait!). Should make for a fun, interesting read! How fun that your Kat is off to Uni! At least it wasn't Kat who caught the grill on fire! :D:D

@ADWilson Thanks for the link. I'll go see what is over there after I post. :) I'm always looking for fun sim stories to read when I'm on my phone or tablet. :)

Thank you to everyone joining in on this journey. I do apologize, again, for being silent so long. I hope the changes that I'm making will get me back into Kat's story cause I left off at an important part and I really love Kat and Madison so much!
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited February 2017
    Here is the latest bit of news from my Sims 3 version:
    Kat Silver Sims 3

Yes, well, motive cheats are available without using any mods, so I don't feel too bad about them. I do try not to use them on adults unless everybody's needs are orange or red...the only mods installed in Sims 3 are from Nraas. I use them primarily to assign careers as needed (I hate waiting for the proper career to pop up via the computer or paper) and to find spouses. It avoids the whole "My perfect spouse is already married/engaged/involved/has children/is almost an elder" thing that crops up. I can also tailor it to find someone with a suitable career or LTW based on the rolls.

My Sims 3 forum thread for this challenge and other sim stuff: Kethry Drake's Red Slippers
    @ChelleJo Okay! Well, like I already said: Her nose is basically exactly the same - even it's exact size. I just used the twin sliders to make it better for male sims and really see this as an okay thing. Honestly, I can recommend those sliders to everyone. Bye bye decent-lookign noses on females that look like potatoes on males!
    I understand that, yes (only the traits part: if everyone let her keep te traits she has in her download, she would still have the same in everyone's game, isn't it?)
    @kethrydrake I'm loving that Kat is enjoying her great-great grandbabies. How awesome that she is still alive so far into your game! Good roll for Gen 5! Love the fire picture! Seems like Lucien might take after Kat a bit. :D

@GITTE2001 I'm gonna take you up on the offer for that slider. I love noses and that slider might come in handy in my genetics save! You can just link here or PM me the link, whichever you prefer! :)

As for Kat's traits, yes, if we would have kept her original traits, they would have all been the same, but we was adjusting her traits to give each of us original three doing this challenge a bit of help. 3 traits were picked to help us with our Gen 1 generational goals. We had another player (from my twitter account) that was suppose to play with us. Either they changed their mind or something, cause after rolling their gen goals, I've not heard back on if she ever got started on the game. But, yes, her traits were picked to help us original 3 out, at least in one aspect, to make the game a bit better/easier for us.
    p8L4V6v.png