Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kat Silver "Multi-Simmer" Random Legacy

Comments

• kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited March 2017
    sims 3 update:

RIVERVIEW - Quentin Silver, conductor of the Starlight Shores Philharmonic Orchestra, drowned today while swimming in the river.
    Nathaniel is level 2 Criminal, Felipe is level 9 Astronomer, Elliana is level 5 Professional Sports/Level 1 Music.

sims 4 update:
    Quinn, Elaine and Mary all aged up to YA and moved out. Toby and his twin aged up to teens.
    edited March 2017
    RIVERVIEW - Felipe Silver, local astronomer, died today in a freak jet pack incident.

Totally not my fault! He had like 5-6 levels in Advanced Technology. I had him flying around to raise it. I turned away and found a grave for him...
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love your simple updates @kethrydrake! Sorry that Felipe met an untimely death. I'll assume that Quentin's was orchastrated.

Here's my gen 2 updates. Just keep clicking the link at the bottom of the pages to continue. I did at least three or four pages. If you see a glimpse of gen 3, you made it to the end for now.
    "Orchestrated" indeed! :)
    Yes, he had reached the top of his career, was an elder and had successfully complete his Generation Goal and his Misc Fun. So, no longer needed except as a tombstone.
    Almost slipping off to page 2... I had to rescue this.

I rolled for the next two gens already! My friends are making houses for my heirs to live in. :D
    Sims 3 Update:

The Silvers had their first burglar. Elliana handily beat him up before the cops arrived. Don't mess with the sleep deprived! Nathaniel has a death wish as he is always playing with the mighty meteor magnet. He also successfully reached level 5 Criminal. He then switched to Military. Elliana is a level 4 Musician. Dania has a 2 star blog with 412 followers. It is now called "A Window to Getting Married" (chosen by the game, maybe she is lonely?). Yair is a level 2 Criminal. Rowan has aged up to YA. Now the family (minus Nathaniel) will move from Riverview to Dragon Valley.

GEN 8 rolls:
    Single Parent with Double Help - Works exactly like Single Parent with Help, except there are two helpers, and none of these three can romance each other (unless the youngest child is halfway through the teen stage).
    Freelance Scientist - Devoted to logic and Science, but not feeling the 9-5 laboratory grind? Spend your time searching the galaxy, solving problems over the computer (requires Genius trait), and hacking (requires Computer Whiz trait) instead. Freelance Scientists may also catch insects and collect meteors/space rocks to sell. (You may not sell gems/metals that you find, only space rocks and insects). Also, if you use a mod that allows you to sell the potions created on the chemistry set you may sell those for Freelance Science career as well.
    New- UL adds a new Science Research station that builds Science skill. Perform experiments and sell the samples you create as a result. At level 9 you may clone those samples and sell them for even more money.
    Level 6 of the Science skill unlocks the ability to Correlate Scientific Data at the Science building for cash.
    Criminal (Evil)
    Dumpster Diver- One Sim's trash is another's Sim's primary source of income. Dive into dumpsters to find items to sell. If your Sim has the Slob trait, they may also rummage through the neighbors' garbage pails for saleable items. If you are really desperate, you may also sell scrap you find by digging through junk piles at the junkyard.
    Midlife Crisis - This generation, one of the heir, spouses(including second chances) or helpers will experience a randomly-generated midlife crisis event. Between when this generation is rolled and when the first of the eligible sims reaches the adult lifestage(not YA), determine who will go through the crisis. If you have not picked someone before the first sim reaches adulthood, or is moved in as an adult, that sim will be the one. Once the selected sim reaches adulthood(and not sooner!), roll three times to determine three aspects to the midlife crisis from the chart below, re-rolling if you receive a duplicate. Each aspect has a deadline which it must either be completed or started during. The goal is complete when all aspects have been completed.
    Randomize Trait
    Make a major purchase(complete within 24 hours)
    - Buy something shiny and expensive(relative to how much wealth you have) for your house.
    Randomize LTW
    A Sim for All Seasons - Your Sim really gets into the spirit of the season. Your heir must have a different Everyday outfit suited for each season. The outfit doesn't have to be overly themed, like snowflake sweaters for winter, just suited for the season's weather. Also, you must decorate some part of the house or yard with a seasonal decoration for each season in turn. Finally, the four seasonal holidays, Leisure Day, Spooky Day, Snowflake Day, and Love Day, are major events in your Sim's life, and your heir must celebrate the holidays by either attending the town festival that day for at least a few hours, or they must throw a seasonal party at their home or a community lot.

Wow! You are going to be SO busy! But, only one child this time around, so that helps!
    Well, spent most of the morning setting up the house for the various seasons...and resetting and resetting. Apparently I accidentally set somethings in "Common" mode and the put the exact same thing in "Summer" mode, resulting in two objects in the same space at the same time making the items nonfunctional. So I had to remove the extras in "Summer" mode and put them back in "Common" mode. Ah, well, the house is decorated for the seasons and Rowan's bedspread also changes with the seasons...
    Morida O'Connell moved it as the 2nd helper, she's a dumpster diver. Rowan is pregnant. She woohoo'd with Brendan and Kearney O'Shea and Dermot Cullen. Who is the father?
    Wow, I wouldn't have thought to organize the seasonal requirement that way. Too awesome! Great job @kethrydrake ! Loved your update.
    Why not? There is a "Seasonal Lot Marker" available in the buydebug menu that you can use to design your own seasonal festival lot. The bed was done by putting the chosen bed down in the right season, using CASt, and the doing the same for the next season, so it should switch with the seasons.

Right now it's summer, so there is a water slide, the water balloon thing, and a soccer net. Rowan's bedspread has sailboats on it. She had a son, Zander. He's still a baby, so I don't know who he looks like yet.
    I've played with the seasonal lot marker, but only on the festival grounds. I haven't done it on home lots. I thought the game needed set up time to change the seasonal stuff, so it did that when no one was there. Let me know how the switch over works on the home lot. Time of day it switches, how long it takes, the lag it causes.
    As I understand it, there is a mode where it does that. I think it's mostly to preserve the illusion of normality for the festivals. In my hometown, I've seen them setting up for their big fests and usually it takes a day or two to get everything set up before the fest opens. In the Sims I don't usually go the festivals or parks, so I've never noticed the construction mode activate. The change over should happen soon, the seasons are set at 7 days, and Zander was born on Leisure Day. He's 1 day now and will age up to toddler on the next Sim day. Add 3 days for pregnancy...he may have been conceived on the first or second day of Summer.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @ciane Big gardens can defiantly get overwhelming. That's when I always cave and get the sleep lifetime reward to make it easier. Sorry about Ty losing his charisma challenge achievement.

Cool, Aurora Skies! I haven't played there in a while. It's so pretty. That house is nice! His garden is looking great so far. I like the picture of him struggling on the workout machine... awesome shower.

Great picture of Ty working hard in his garden. Nice addition to the park and I bet the townies will enjoy it. I agree, it's only fair to cheat back what Ty should have after losing that achievement.

@kethrydrake Pyromaniac is a cool hidden trait to have. That's quite a few generations to go without getting robbed. Single parent with 2 helpers for 1 child is funny.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    another small update :# I apologize
    Zelda's birthday rolled around and Daisy gave her a birthday cuddle.
    33268234060_6574bf3274_o.png
    32809400064_ba8364f0d6_o.png
    33268236800_c8abece2f2_o.png
    Silly Clark wished for a goldfish so why not?
    33611476046_091eb88121_o.png

Daisy's first show was about to start as the sun was going down. Clark showed up for support and ran into Kitty price. I forgot SP set them up briefly so he quickly ended things.
    33611530096_645066322d_o.png
    32838647403_3bcc7b3c7b_o.png

Zelda is getting a little grumpy in her older age. Poor Clark...
    33495580682_7d367c7398_o.png
    32838651373_35d2dbc397_o.png
    Great pics, @Simasaurus09! Were those sims impressed with Kat's singing or with seeing Kitty Price? I'm glad Clark was able to break it off with Kitty. (I'm also super happy you agreed with my logic of how to correct that celebrity achievement loss. Next time I'll either use a mod to move or just not try to achieve that early.)
    @ciane: It switched over automatically at about 1 AM. Now there is a scarecrow, a ghost, some hay bales, and Rowan's bedspread is a spiderweb design.
    Did it lag at all during the switch over? Did you have sims active on the lot at the time?
    No apparent lag, and yes I did. Rowan was busy searching the galaxy with the telescope. Zander was also awake.
    Edit: I had to enter Build Mode to get it to change over...not really a big deal.
    Okay. I'll try that in one of my builds soon. It just sounds awesome.
    Update:

Elliana is level 3 Medical after completing level 5 Music. She is still deeply in love with her unemployed wife Simone.
    Dania has a 2.5 Star blog with 739 followers. Social Networking is level 8. She apparently hates everything since her mood is constantly in the red, no matter what moodlets she has.
    Yair is a level 6 Criminal. He is good friends with Morida. They even autonomously romance each other.
    Rowan has Logic level 8. She's discovered 1 planet, 2 satellites, and 10 stars. Her boyfriend is Dermot Cullen.
    Zander just aged up to teen. So in three days there will be weddings! Elliana wants to see both her children married. Rowan wants to get married. It is now winter. They have a small skating rink set up in their front yard. As well as a Christmas tree in their foyer.
    @ciane Thanks :smile: Kats retired and that picture was from Daisy's first magician gig. I use EAs move method with NRaas: Traveler installed. It prevents any relationship loss so you can leave family members behind.
    edited March 2017
    I'm almost done posting the screenshots I have. I've been on a simming break for other games.
    I finally caught it :D Sims sculpting ice will sometimes stick their tongues to the ice and get stuck! haha
    33537920481_b8d9e329a5_o.png
    33537923541_a2cb2b91b4_o.png

Later that night Stiles passed on.
    33537937011_fc8727eca9_o.png
    33537943071_ec79bd7820_o.png

He wasted no time appearing for a visit the very next day.
    32854102293_0cb21ee43b_o.png
    Clark works on the car so he doesn't have to carpool anymore.
    33537934151_20cfd208ec_o.png
    Update:
    Dania has a 2.5 Star blog with 739 followers. Social Networking is level 8. She apparently hates everything since her mood is constantly in the red, no matter what moodlets she has.

You might try giving her a different bed. I remember reading that some beds caused a multiple negative that was expotential. The moods just get worse over time. That may or may not have been addressed in a later patch.

Try the cheat to clear her negative mood and then see what happens with a different bed. I think this is considered fixing a glitch and not a cheat itself.

Poor Stiles! He was so traumatized by his tongue sticking and stretching that it killed him! Love that car!