The Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff Pack is coming March 29, 2017! Read more on our blog.
March 23 - It's Patch Day in The Sims 4! Check out what issues were fixed and whats new here.
Toddlers have arrived to The Sims 4! Check out more information on our blog.

Kat Silver "Multi-Simmer" Random Legacy

ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 5,791 Member
edited February 13 in Stories and Legacies
After seeing others here on the forums doing a random legacy together, I thought... oh fun! So I went in search of another player to do the random legacy challenge with me.

Same Sim. Same Traits. Same House. Same World. Different Goals!

@Simasaurus09 joined me for this random legacy.

If you feel like joining us... come on! The more the merrier! Just remember... Same Sim. Same Traits. Same House. Same world. Different Goals! (I'll provide all the links!)

First, we are using a sim that Simasaurus created, Kat Silver. Her traits are Ambitious, Virtuoso, Athletic, Unlucky, and Vegetarian (Not in the downloaded version of her. You'd have to change her traits to match these). Here is her link (To a CC Free version of her) and this is what she looks like all dolled up with CC (photo courtesy of Simasaurus).
If you decide to play along, you can edit Kat's looks (hair, clothes, makeup, and even give her a cc skin) but don't tweak anything that will pass on thru genetics (no nose tweaks, eye tweaks, body tweaks, etc).

Kat_Silver.png

We're playing in Sunset Valley, and using a house by tamo, found on MTS (link provided here).

A couple pictures of the house (after I've added a couple things, so the downloaded version won't have things like the chess table, the washing machine, etc).

Screenshot_153.jpg

Screenshot_180.jpg

Vital to all this is the Rules for the Random Legacy. And you want to click the link at the top of the rules (or go here) to roll your own goals for each generation.

(If or when other players decide to join in, and share with me or the thread here their own generational goals, I'll post them above. And as we complete each generation, I'll update the goals... well, to be honest, I'm not sure how this will work. We'll figure it out as we go, but we will figure it out! :D )

Post edited by ChelleJo on

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 5,791 Member
    edited March 3
    Links to Chelle Jo's blog, where I'll be going more in depth with updates...

ChelleJo Plays

Introduction

Completed Gen 1 (in order)

Complete Gen 2 (In Order)

Generation One:
    Gen 2:

Meet Leonidas
    Chapter 2.1: Not Exactly What He Dreamed of

Simasaurus

Tumblr Updates

Legacy Update Post's Quick Links:

Gen 1

Gen 2
    Part One of Gen 2
    Part Two

GITTE2001 Update Threads

Gen 1

DivaEvie

DivaEvie's Blog

Gen 1

Chapter One: Getting Stuff Done

kethrydrake

Sims 3 Updates:
    Sims 3 and Sims 4 Update
    Sims 3 Update
    Sims 3 Update
    Sims 3 Update
    Gen 5 Begins
    Update #34

Sims 4 Updates:

Ciane Blog Updates

Gen1

Day One
    Term One
    Fall Term
    Winter Term
    Spring Term
    Summer Term
    Back Home
    Ashley

SimplyTori Legacy Update Post's Quick Links:
    edited March 3
    Each generations Goals:

ChelleJo's Generational Goals:

Gen 1
    rzkn717.jpg

Gen 2
    YVfVlvN.png

Simasaurus Generational Goals:
    Gen 1
    Simasaurus_Random_Legacy_Goals.png

Gen 2
    Simasaurus_Random_Legacy_Goals2.png

GITTE2001 Generational Goals:
    Gen 1

GITTE_Random_Legacy_Goals_Gen_1.png

Gen 2 Generational Goals:
    GITTE_Random_Legacy_Goals_Gen_2.png

DivaEvie Gen Goals:
    Gen 1
    BGrgAtD.png

kethrydrake Gen Goals

Ciane Gen Goals

SimplyTori's Gen goals:
    Simply_Tori_Gen1.png
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 33,943 Member
    Sounds like fun! I look forward to seeing more :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 15,877 Member
    Bookmarked!
  • Simasaurus09Simasaurus09 Posts: 12,075 Member
    Chelle is already way ahead of me and I need to get my buns in gear. :D Will be posting soon!
    edited December 2016
    Okay, here's a bit of an update on my version of Kat Silver's progress...

Here she is, dressed and ready for her legacy to begin.

Screenshot_89.jpg

She quickly met a very good friend. (Madison VanWatson. They seriously hit it off. Like they are old school friends instead of strangers just meeting).

Screenshot_102.jpg

They spent the day together (movies, library, dinner) and by that evening, Kat had asked Madison to move in with her.

Screenshot_110.jpg

Madison got a "quickie" makeover upon moving in.

Before:

Screenshot_112.jpg

After:

Screenshot_115.jpg

Madison had told Kat her dream of being a game designer (hence, why the girls moved in together... so Madison could pursue her dreams without her families interference) so she quit her job in law enforcement and spends most of her "free" time playing video games.

Screenshot_119.jpg

She does get in some star searching to help pay bills (Kat is out the door to go to work in law enforcement).

Screenshot_118.jpg

Kat and Madison went out to dinner one night and Pauline Wan decided to pop off about police officers and Kat decided she couldn't let that slide.

Screenshot_130.jpg

When Leisure Day rolled around, the girls was ready for some much needed "girl time" and spent some time at the festival, then went swimming. Finally they both wanted a water slide, so I granted that wish and they headed home to play on it.

Screenshot_136.jpg

Screenshot_139.jpg

Screenshot_140.jpg

Friday rolled around and while Kat was at work, Madison realized she was close to being able to pursue her career. So she got a more serious makeover.

Screenshot_142.jpg

And that evening, Kat had bagged another promotion (How adorable is she in that uniform!) We also got the notice she'd be able to bag burglar's better now (never seen that pop up before).

Screenshot_145.jpg

Before the called it a day, the girls spent some time jamming together. Even though neither one of them are particularly artistic, they both keep rolling wishes to play the guitar and jam with each other. So it's some good "girl time" when they can't necessarily go out on the town.

Screenshot_148.jpg

Madison is level 9 Nerd, so once she gets level 10 she can get her job. Kat isn't thinking of kids right now, but on the weekend, since she has the time off, we'll probably go into town and try to meet some men (since she apparently knows zero guys right now.... what!). Even if she isn't ready to have kids just yet, it might be a good idea to at least browse the gene pool out there.
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,340 Member
    Nice first part! Sorry that I didn't make a sim ( Like I said I would?) I kind of forgot it.
    Yesterday I only bookmarked but didn't read yet, now I have. Sounds like a great challenge and I like how you both have to follow different rules. Really curious how you (and the games) will handle it and give the same sim (she's gorgeous by the way) different lives. This is going to be fun!
  • pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 958 Member
    Very interesting! I'll keep checking back for updates!
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 906 Member
    The house is very cute and your founder looks so beautiful. Can't wait to see what will happen to Kat in both stories. :)
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 314 Member
    The founder is gorgeous! I can't wait for more. :smiley:
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Sounds like fun! I look forward to seeing more :D

Hi! It's been a blast so far! I'm pretty addicted to this save. :) Thanks for stopping by! :)
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Nice first part! Sorry that I didn't make a sim ( Like I said I would?) I kind of forgot it.

No worries! Christmas time is a very busy and stressful time. We just fell back to our plan A. :)
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Yesterday I only bookmarked but didn't read yet, now I have. Sounds like a great challenge and I like how you both have to follow different rules. Really curious how you (and the games) will handle it and give the same sim (she's gorgeous by the way) different lives. This is going to be fun!

I am so excited to see what @Simasaurus09's Kat is up too! :)
    Very interesting! I'll keep checking back for updates!

I tend to play LONG gaming sessions and Kat's random legacy has really got my attention. I've already played thru another week since the last update. I'm debating on starting a blog. Well, I actually have started a blog, just not sure if I want to post the updates here or on the blog and link them here. After I typed up the next "chapter" - which was for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - I realized that was 34 pictures! Oh wow! These two girl's really are living and loving life together!
    Hemera123 wrote: »
    The house is very cute and your founder looks so beautiful. Can't wait to see what will happen to Kat in both stories. :)
    The founder is gorgeous! I can't wait for more. :smiley:

We have Simasaurus to think for the beautiful sim (she created her!) and the choice of house. She picked those! :)

Just a quick couple pics of Kat in my game. I could literally snap pictures of her all day, she is so beautiful!

My absolute favorite picture of Kat, so far, that I've taken:

Screenshot_184.jpg

Another good one:

Screenshot_189.jpg
    Kat is very pretty! Wow, you really do get into games. I look forward to more seeing what males she meets :)
    Thanks guys :) I created Kat back in 2013(?) I think. She was randomized in CAS.

@ChelleJo I'm glad you have been enjoying her and this challenge so much. I just feel bad that I haven't had enough time to really sit down and play yet. Love the small picture update.
    edited December 2016
    About to go back in game to play some more. Here are the few pictures I took last night.

I changed her hair color and it's obvious she is not a natural blonde. :p I had some fun with this picture in photoshop.
    31547471650_0b65c2e6b6_o.jpg

Quick trip down to the library to join the Singer profession. I forgot how slow going it is to make money vs a normal job.
    31060925334_a5b5258cfa_o.png
    On the hunt for Stiles McGraw from the Roomies household as a possible spouse. How ironic that he would be a part of a protest against marriage!...
    31803926901_8c28d56d23_o.png
    Well if you can't beat them, join them. ;)
    31803929031_bd29bdaf86_o.png
    She invited him over to practice her sing-a-grams.
    31772847562_2e3207676e_o.png
    Post edited by Simasaurus09 on
    edited December 2016
    Time to build her cooking skill. Luckily the kitchen did not burn down but she did get a nice fee of §500 for beating the fireman to the fire. Of course she didn't have that money. Maybe I should have let the kitchen burn down. Might have been cheaper.
    31889678206_03942f13fb_o.png
    It's been a slow climb for that promotion.
    31926613255_6718dd8e91_o.png
    31117537503_08d8b71e3f_o.png
    Poor thing deserves some beach time.
    31889696136_7c1e66ec25_o.png
    Kat invited Stiles out on a date when she rolled the wish to bowl. I gave him a clothes and hair makeover keeping true to his original look.
    31926645135_5428b40aff_o.png
    He was about to leave for work so she I panicked and asked him to move in. They shared their first kiss.
    31926645765_95c353a2dd_o.png

Spoiler alert :warning: :weary: I put Kat into a massive amount of debt already. I'm using a few mods that make the game a little harder like no free taxi rides and no free food from the fridge. She took out a loan from the bank to be able to afford a bike and food. Who knew §1,000 would disappear so quickly? I've also upped the bills and loan interest... So her first bill totaled to be §1,175. I'm expecting the repo man to show up in a few sim hours. Seriously, this is my idea of fun. Good news is she just got a promotion and with Stiles moved in, he can help out with money as an artist.
    @Simasaurus09 what's the mod to let your sims lean money? I may need that :p
    Nice first parts by the way! And your pictures look so gooooooooood!!!!!
    edited December 2016
    Lol, that protest :D :D
    Love the developments, beautiful pictures by the way. It will be a challenge to set apart the two stories and not confuse what's happening :mrgreen: Changing her hair colour will help ;)
  • Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 906 Member
    @Simasaurus09 This was fun: "If you can't beat them, join them." :D I like your Stiles makeover. That swimming pic is so beautiful! It sounds like your first gen will be quite challenging. ;)
    @Simasaurus09 Wow you really do like to play a hard game! I do agree that sims make money too fast but that is fine by me but I can totally understand you wanting the challenge. I actually like Stiles a lot! I remember my first sim marrying him in one of my early saves. Enjoying your story so far. Like JoAnne65 says, it will be hard to keep the two stories separate in my mind but it will be fun! :D
    @Simasaurus09 Aw, Kat is so cute in your game (she is just so adorable in her singing outfit, too!)! ;) Once Kat gets a bit farther in her career, she’ll be rolling in money. Poor girl is just having a tough time right now. :(

Oohhh, going after Stiles! I can’t wait to see their baby.

Oh no! She’s had a fire. I’m starting to wonder if Kat just shouldn’t be cooking. My Kat, even at level 4 of cooking, burns the waffles the first time she cooks them every morning she cooks breakfast for her and Madison! Lol :D :D

Poor girl needs a message day at the spa and LOTS of beach time!

I’m really loving the makeover for Stiles! He looks so good!

$1,175 bills! O.O I will stop complaining about my Kat and Madison spending their money as fast as they make it now (I should look into that no free taxi mod and no free food from fridge. Sounds fun!).

Love the update! It’s so cool to see Kat living another, completely different life!
  • NocturnalDuetNocturnalDuet Posts: 88 Member
    Bookmarking! This looks really interesting, can't wait to see what happens to Kat!
    I've decided to share to the blog and I'll share quick little updates (like teaser pictures) here. I reuploaded my 1st update on my blog and later this evening or tomorrow morning I'll update for the girl's weekend.

Part 1: Instant Connections
    edited December 2016
    I'm not so sure Stiles McGraw started that protest anyways. I blame Xander Clavell because he was there and he has the Commitment Issues trait. The next day the protest was still raging on and guess who was there... Xander. haha
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    @Simasaurus09 what's the mod to let your sims lean money? I may need that :p
    Nice first parts by the way! And your pictures look so gooooooooood!!!!!
    NRaas: Story Progression and then you need the Money module. FAQ page will explain how it works. Combined with other money related mods, it's a game changer. Thank you :)
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Lol, that protest :D :D
    Love the developments, beautiful pictures by the way. It will be a challenge to set apart the two stories and not confuse what's happening :mrgreen: Changing her hair colour will help ;)
    Thank you :) We both use different defaults and I think that helps too.
    Hemera123 wrote: »
    @Simasaurus09 This was fun: "If you can't beat them, join them." :D I like your Stiles makeover. That swimming pic is so beautiful! It sounds like your first gen will be quite challenging. ;)
    Thank you :) He cleans up nice. It's normally not this hard for my sims but having a profession with a weekly stipend changes things. I honestly forgot about it so I've never had a sim in this much debt.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Simasaurus09 Wow you really do like to play a hard game! I do agree that sims make money too fast but that is fine by me but I can totally understand you wanting the challenge. I actually like Stiles a lot! I remember my first sim marrying him in one of my early saves. Enjoying your story so far. Like JoAnne65 says, it will be hard to keep the two stories separate in my mind but it will be fun! :D
    Most people never see the repo man in this game. Since I started using money related mods, he shows up. It took me a bit looking through town singles on wiki before I landed on Stiles. Thank you :)
    edited December 2016
    Most people never see the repo man in this game.

I already did a thousand times, honestly. But that's just because I often forget to let my sims pay the bills. Once I can I let them buy the no bills LTR though, love that one.