Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vegetarian meals should be cooked by vegans, not by all

2...Next

Comments

• FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Sims ate rats in Sims Medieval.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »

... And I've tried looking at the recipes as; Veggie burgers, meat patties with green peppers and onions or such. Tofu dogs, meat dogs with tofu enhanced sauerkraut. But it all break down at faux BLTs; what, it's spelled wrong, and it's fox BLTs? No thank you. And fake fish tacos really get me plummed since I'd rather be eating beef ones to begin with.

No, "faux BLTs" are not spelled wrong because the word was borrowed from French. "Faux" is French for "false". :) But in English we sometimes change the spelling of foreign words and sometimes we don't. But it is not pronounced "fox" as you said. It is pronounced "foh" just like the French pronounce it. ;) It is the same with the English word "debris", which also comes from French. We kept both the French spelling and pronunciation. It is pronounced "deh-bree". I was always an avid reader, and as a child I came across "debris" and in my mind pronounced it as "debris" for many years until it dawned on me that it was the same word as "deh-bree" that I would always hear! LOL :D

Personally, I don't' care for my non-vegetarian Sims choosing tofu meals either, since the only time anybody in my family eats tofu is when we eat at a Chinese restaurant. But they use tofu as just another ingredient, and not as a substitute for meat. B) I think more people would eat vegetarian/vegan dishes if those dishes weren't trying too hard to be meat dishes. :/ Case in point is Indian food; there are many delicious dishes that have no meat, but they are simply their own thing, and not trying to mimic chicken, beef, pork, lamb, fish, etc. So, it is not the fact that a dish doesn't have meat that irritates me, but the fact that it is posing as a meat dish! And while I love meat <3 , I would much rather eat a dish of beans, veggies, & grains B) that is meant to be beans, veggies, and grains any day than eat a tofu dog :s !
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I agree with the OP. It annoys me when my non-vegetarian sims autonomously opt to make tofu this and faux that, instead of making the real thing. Worse still, they actually seem to prefer the vegetarian options, because they do it almost all the time. I remember this happening in Sims 3 as well and it annoyed me then too.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I agree it's a nuisance sims without the trait choosing to cook vegetarian all the time, but I don't agree it should be blocked for sims without the trait. If we want our sim to cook vegetarian it should be possible. You don't have to be a vegetarian to cook vegetarian I can assure everyone. It's just something that should only be autonomous for sims with the trait.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I agree it's a nuisance sims without the trait choosing to cook vegetarian all the time, but I don't agree it should be blocked for sims without the trait. If we want our sim to cook vegetarian it should be possible. You don't have to be a vegetarian to cook vegetarian I can assure everyone. It's just something that should only be autonomous for sims with the trait.

I agree that Non-Vegetarian Sims should be allowed to cook vegetarian meals, I just think that most people whish that they would choose to make non-vegetarian meals the majority of the time. Not including Mac & Cheese, Pancakes, Grilled Cheese, Eggs & Toast, etc., but just the tofu/faux meat dishes because it isn't very likely a meat eater would choose these dishes. They would autonomously choose to make Grilled Cheese, but never Tofu Hotdogs! Tofu Hotdogs should be chooseable, but not autonomous for non-vegetarians. ;)
  • SmilinSimsSmilinSims Posts: 560 Member
    edited September 2017
    #vegan
    Do you want to WIN the new Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack??? To WIN you MUST be subscribed to my YOUTUBE channel Watch contest video for rules!

acrehk.jpg

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I agree that Non-Vegetarian Sims should be allowed to cook vegetarian meals, I just think that most people whish that they would choose to make non-vegetarian meals the majority of the time. Not including Mac & Cheese, Pancakes, Grilled Cheese, Eggs & Toast, etc., but just the tofu/faux meat dishes because it isn't very likely a meat eater would choose these dishes. They would autonomously choose to make Grilled Cheese, but never Tofu Hotdogs! Tofu Hotdogs should be chooseable, but not autonomous for non-vegetarians. ;)
    Yes, I agree.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I lived with someone who ate meat but she still ate quorn meat all the time, she would even cook quorn meals for her and her boyfriend despite both being meat eaters.

I think the issue is they've coded all the meals into vegetarian and non-vegetarian, so they can say a sim with a trait can eat off just one list or both but that's it. So if they stopped meat eaters from eating vegetarian meals then that would include things like salads, pancakes, eggs and toast. Most meat eaters aren't going to eat meat in every single meal and it would be weird if all sims that weren't vegetarian were obsessed with meat.
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    I lived with someone who ate meat but she still ate quorn meat all the time, she would even cook quorn meals for her and her boyfriend despite both being meat eaters.

I think the issue is they've coded all the meals into vegetarian and non-vegetarian, so they can say a sim with a trait can eat off just one list or both but that's it. So if they stopped meat eaters from eating vegetarian meals then that would include things like salads, pancakes, eggs and toast. Most meat eaters aren't going to eat meat in every single meal and it would be weird if all sims that weren't vegetarian were obsessed with meat.

Well, they could always make a carnivore trait! >:):D