Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone having issues with the 2016 MacBook Pro??

I recently got myself the new 2016 macbook pro (I know I go against the crowd :D ) and I was wondering if the sims 3 works ok on it. I have been reluctant to install it as not only will it take up a large portion of my SSD, I have heard that the iris graphics is not supported. I haven't read anywhere about issues relation this the most recent model but it has only been out for a short while! Does anyone know of any issues/fixes I should be aware of?

Comments

• Options
    BACTBACT Posts: 20 New Member
    I have the new pro, and I have noticed a few glitches. When I play on the game for a while (a few hours at once) the game starts bugging out and turning loads of stuff weird green and yellow colours. If you continue playing at that time despite this, it gets worse and worse, contaminating more of the screen. Also, more recently I've noticed that some of the sims icons at the left hand side of the screen have become all bugged and glitchy. This may just be the case with my game, but I haven't downloaded any custom content and have only had the game on my computer for about a week.
  • Options
    pinkbutterfly7pinkbutterfly7 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have the new pro as well with touch bar. I have been able to play sims 3 although some expansion packs and stuff packs ends up in an error.

expansions with errors:
    -Late Night
    -Ambitions
    -Outdoor Living Stuff
    -Fast Lane Stuff

I haven't played much yet though but a of now the rest of the packs can be installed without the error popping up.

-Generations
    -Into the Future
    -Seasons
    -University Life
    -Island Paradise
    -Pets
    -Showtime
    -Movie Stuff
    -70's, 80's 90's stuff
    -Diesel Stuff
    -Master Suite Stuff
    -High-End Loft Stuff
    -Town-Life Stuff
    -World Adventures
    -Supernatural

No CC too. Still looking for some fixes. Haven't found one yet :/
  • Options
    pinkbutterfly7pinkbutterfly7 Posts: 4 New Member
    Good news!!! I found a fix for it!! I'd love to post the link but it won't let me :(
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    I haven't been able to install any expansion on top of the base game, unfortunately! The base game launches normally and plays fine but any subsequent EP's added the game just won't launch and gives me an error message. I just completely uninstalled the game and haven't been able to play since. :(
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    mattgstl wrote: »
    I haven't been able to install any expansion on top of the base game, unfortunately! The base game launches normally and plays fine but any subsequent EP's added the game just won't launch and gives me an error message. I just completely uninstalled the game and haven't been able to play since. :(

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/908161/unknown-error-fix-for-late-night-ambitions-and-el-capitan-and-sierra#latest
    apple-signature.png