Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Spotlight 2016

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    All of you. There is never a shortage of help or guidance when us simmers have questions. Merry Christmas all!
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    @fullspiral....*attacks* FUUUUULLLLLLL!!!! *huggles* MERRY CHRISTMAS!! How are you?!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    @fullspiral....*attacks* FUUUUULLLLLLL!!!! *huggles* MERRY CHRISTMAS!! How are you?!

All is well here Bear! Thanks for asking and I hope all is well with you and yours!
  • brittpinkiebrittpinkie Posts: 52 Member
    Thank you @Bananas_45 and @hannaaj22 <3 Thanks to everyone in the community for all the love and support and thanks to all the wonderful modders out there who make the game better! <3
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Though I'm not a very vocal member in the community, I'm here every day exploring many areas and over the past couple years quite a few Simmers have helped me without realizing it. I see them helping others too with their experience, tips, creativity, insight and humor. I'd like to send a heartfelt thank you to the following:

First and foremost, @rosemow I don't know how she does it, she's everywhere helping out when she can with grace and kindness.

@phoebebebe13 @chesterbigbird & @luthienrising for their tireless efforts in tech & bug reports. @DeKay has been very helpeful here too, but I'd like to thank him mostly for making me laugh and smile in the favorite screenshots thread. He and @Lazarus_B4R always cheer me up with their hilarious posts.

@MizoreYukii for her incredibly informative and thorough modeling threads. Her tutorials are nothing short of amazing and her efforts to keep the modeling community running smoothly are very much appreciated.

@BryonyRae for all the work she does to help improve build and buy mode and the inspiration she's given me from her incredibly creative builds.

@BuildnShare for the feedback given on my contest entries that has helped not only me, but many others to improve our building skills.

@CathyTea for her hard work and enduring kindness to others on the SimLit threads, and for helping me with advice on how to be a better SimLit writer.

@CitizenErased14 for her wonderful stories that have inspired me to write my own and all the help she gives others.

@Julyvee94 for her SimLit Guide.

@Carewren123 for the Short Stories contest. I never did get to enter before she passed on the torch, but she helped to inspire myself and so many others.

@cbear13 for the wealth of information provided about Simmers' activities in SimCom, The Simformer and for her build contests.

@sparkfairy1 for her tenacious efforts to keep the hopes and dreams of toddlers alive in The Sims 4.

@crinrict for his (her?) help with bugs in the game and what to do to make our games run better.

@Writin_Reg for her insightful, informative, behind the scenes posts about the gaming industry.

@catloverplayer for his genuine love and enthusiasm for the game. Plus, I love his very vocal, yet gracious attitude on what he would like to see included in the future for the game. I hope one day we do get back the bed animations, a tropical vacation spot and an amusement park!

Though I don't have MC Commander myself, I see @egwarhammer always here with quick advice to help others use this wonderful tool to improve their gameplay. I'm getting a new computer in a few weeks and can't wait to try it out and see firsthand what it's all about.

Lastly, I'm not even sure if he's a member here, but James Turner, The Sim Supply has helped and inspired me in so many areas with his wonderfully fun Let's Plays and amazing build videos. I love this man's authenticity and tongue-in-cheek humor! :)

These are just a few people I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there are many more that have helped me and others in the community that I haven't mentioned. If you've helped me and I didn't mention your name, just know it was very much appreciated and I'm grateful.

Thank you and Happy Simming! <3
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Thank you @Karababy52 I feel honored to be mentioned and glad I could help in anyway I can <3 hope you had a great Christmas
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    o:) Always with encouraging inviting words and support.
    @rosemow and @BreeMiles :)

o:) Giving with a big hearts <3
    @Reachsims
    @WaterHornet
    @Karnzter
    @simgeek79
    @charlotteprice

And I would like to say, I think everyone here is great and always there to giving each of us a big :smile: it never falls short here <3.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @papersuitcase Thanks for the mention :smile: I actually got into trouble with a few people earlier this year as I said that toddlers would probably do nothing for TS4 anyway and it does seem that a lot of people have given up hope and the chance of saying any big improvements seems very slim by now

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Oh wow! Thank you for the mention and lovely comments @Karababy52. :3 I'm glad my threads have been helpful!
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited December 2016
    @rosemow for being so helpful to everyone, and seeming to appear within seconds with helpful advice and suggestions, 24/7.
    (seriously rosemow, day or night you're there right away! how do you even do that?!).
    rosemow has also helped me to get growfruit into my game after the spring challenge ended (which was a very uplifting experience, as I'd missed the challenge, became very emotionally attatched to growfruit and was actually crying over the situation - I can't help it growfruit are just too cute!). rosemow has also been a great comfort to me when I've been really upset about things; thank you also for leaving such lovely and encouraging messages on my wall! <3

@DeKay for the truly epic tales of Dylan's adventures/misadventures. I confess that, like many of the elderly ladies in Dekay's game I've become a bit obsessed with Dylan - I visit the favourite screenshot thread just for Dekay's posts. (Sorry everyone else who posts there, but pages full of pics take forever to load!)

@keylimepiesims , for having the happiest, cutest little lime wedge of an avatar I've ever seen! seriously, everytime I see that little lime wedge I just want to cuddle it! it brightens up my day!

Also @Lightfield , who always seems to be doing something cool in the whatcha doin? thread; I always look foward to your posts and great conversation!
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Karababy52 Thank you! What a cool idea this thread is, and how nice to get to take a moment to thank everyone who helped make 2016 on teh Forums fun and enjoyable and useful! I'm ready to pay it forward! :)

I'll join the chorus in recognizing @rosemow - You've helped so many in so many ways!

Also, a huge shout-out to @mastressalita , our resident librarian and archivist, who maintains the largest, most up-to-date list of SimLit on the Forums, and who manages to notice and mention every milestone, new story, and story completion. @mastressalita you show us that heroes really can be found in the library! Thank you!

@pammiechick Thank you for always noticing and encouraging new writers on the Stories and Legacies thread and for recognizing, celebrating, and encouraging talent! Your new SimsVIP SimLit feature is such a great way to share the joy of SimLit with others!

@Jes2G Thank you for being a mentor to new and developing writers who thrive with your encouragement!

@chealsycat Thank you for your Bears and for your cheerfulness! You've made me smile and warmed my heart more than you'll ever know!

Thanks to my Little Sister @friendsfan367 for coming up with the idea for the Writers' Lounge Thread and for being such a gracious and welcoming host. You're the reason the thread is still going strong!

Thanks to all the members of the Reading Circles I belong to:

@MedleyMisty for creating The Art Commune Reading Circle and for being an authentic and soulful friend.

@RipuAncestor , @AdamsEve1231 , @InfraGreen , @rednenemon , @JLBDreamer , and @friendsfan367 for writing stories that have brought me such joy, inspiration, and motivation. Reading your stories makes me a better person and helps my heart to grow and grow!

@DeiraShadeweaver Thank you for creating the Watchers Writing Reading Circle. Your story, along with the stories by @AllieMac , @supernatural103 , @pixelatedKar and @Thymeless , bring me so much joy! Thanks to all of you for the happy hours of reading you've given!

@Charliimai @friendsfan367 @MadameLee and @Thymeless - Thank you for being part of the Puffclaws reading circle and for being so friendly all around! @Charliimai - a special thanks to you for your beautiful stories and for being such a devoted reader and supporter to all the Puffclaws!

@MadameLee Special thanks for being a fun and interesting friend who always makes me think and teaches me so much!

@Simslover163 Thank you for your cheerfulness and your welcoming of new and old writers to the Writers' Lounge! You are awesome. And thank you for all the wonderful stories you write, too!

@Pegasus143 Thanks for reading my stories :blush: ! And thank you, too, for all you give to the community, always stepping up to help others and always keeping a calm and cheerful attitude. And thank you for the authentic, moving, and thoughtful stories you write.

@Pegasus143 @Spottydog714 and @SilentWolf101 Thank you for taking over the Short Story contest! So happy you're doing this. You all give so much to the SimLit community every week! Thank you!

@cshaner Thanks for being so cheerful and helpful to everyone! And for writing inspiring stories!

@lisabee2 Thank you for your stories and for always sharing a kind word with other writers! And for your stories!

@eXokamikaze Thanks for your cheerfulness, good humor, and wisdom! And for your stories!

@Munterbacon Thank you for your jokes, cat gifs, and your stories!

@Miki Thank you for being a friend when I needed one... and when I didn't need one! LOL! Thank you for being kind, supportive, common sense, and funny.

@SimGuruDrake thank you for taking care of our online community and for hanging in there when people get testy! Since it's probably a thankless job much of the time... let's take a moment to thank YOU!

@SimGuruGnome Thank you for making patch notes epically worth looking forward to!

It takes a community... to make a community! If you're part of this community, thank you.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    I have so many thank yous to give.

@rosemow: A spcial thank you for devoting your time to help us Simmers in many ways!!

@DeKay and @Lazarus_B4R: Thank you for the pure entertainment in the Favorite Screenshots thread!

@luthienrising: Special thanks for being on the lookout whenever our games become buggy!

@LosaruTaiyo and @simgirl1010: A huge thank you for all you've put into the Happy Play thread!

@CathyTea and @friendsfan367: thank you for creating the Writers' Lounge thread! It's a great place for new and old writers to hang out!

@cshaner: Thank you for writing such amazing stories and for your cheerfulness!

@eXokamikaze: Thank you so much for your cheerfulness, wisdom, and your stories!

@ThePlumbob: Thank you for writing and sharing the Bloomers! I enjoy reading it so much!

@Jes2G: Thank you for writing and sharing your amazing stories!

@CitizenErased14, @JoieWilder, and @Maladi777: Thank you for writing and sharing your dramatic stories!!

@lisabee2: Thank you for the kind words you share with fellow SimLit writers and for your stories

@VIRTUALEE: Thank you so much for entertaining us with your stories!!

@Munterbacon: Thank you for the cat gifs, Boredom Cuties, jokes, and stories!

@Rorygilmore34: A huge thank you for creating lots of fun Let's Plays for us to watch and enjoy!

@mastressalita: Thank you so much for creating an up-to-date stories index. You're so sweet to even let us know about new stories, milestones, and completed stories!

@pammiechick: A huge thank you for recognizing and encouraging new SimLit writers! Your new SimsVIP SimLit feature is an awesome way to recognize the SimLit community and share it with the Simming community!

@SimGuruDrake: A special thank you for taking care of the Simming community and for hanging in there whenever things get tense around here.

Happy New Year to all and I look forward to spending 2017 with you all! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Thank you @Triplis for the mention, I didn't really say much, but I'm glad I could in part help you name your new lot :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

Just wanted to say Thank You to those who mentioned me here. :)
    ..And I wanted to say whether you've been playing The Sims for two weeks or *nearly* two decades I appreciate everyone
    that comes to this site to share their Experiences, Opinions..And Frustrations in a friendly and respectful manner.
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Thank you a lot for your mention, @CathyTea !

I probably should mention a few names, but I'm not good with those. I've only been part of this community for a few months, but it amazed me how welcoming you guys were to me. I felt included and appreciated from the very beginning, a feeling I missed a lot lately.

I've only been playing the Sims for a few months, but you have taught me so many little details about the games I would probably have never discovered without your help. You have changed my understanding of the game and my approach to it in so many significant ways. You inspired me to write again!

And even if it's "only" some game fanfic or some random blog posts, it's writing, it builds my habit for writing, and I can foresee a future - maybe next year - where I return to my original projects and won't feel so pressured about having to write, because I have already build a habit where I'm sitting down and writing almost every day!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Thanks for the mention @Karababy52 - so glad that you have enjoyed the challenges!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited December 2016
    I appreciate everyone, every single simmer here. We are all simmers, whether our opinions may differ or not. Some of us prefer sims 4, some 2 or 3, or all of them. We may disagree but I've repeatedly said that's what makes our community great.

It's is truly wonderful how we come together.

Though I do have to call out @cinebar , she may not remember but she made me feel very welcome back when I joined the forums during sims 3 days and is the first face I started to remember here. :)

@LosaruTaiyo has also been very kind and I love our Pokemon talks :D
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @Simslover163 and @CathyTea Thanks for the mention! This is an awesome thing to do. I love the Sims community and am thankful for the opportunity to highlight it any way I can. The creativity here is amazing!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited December 2016
    Aww this is lovely! Thank you for thinking of me @Simslover163

Echoing all the accolades for @rosemow , she really makes everyone welcome here from the moment they join the forums.

Huge thanks to @CathyTea for the endless support for the simlit corner of the community. You're the soul and spirit of the writing community and your patience, support towards everyone and your ability and will to always look on the brighter side even when it would be easy to be down never ceases to amaze me!

@Julyvee94 Thank you for being on this journey with me from the beginning, I'm so happy we both started out here around the same time - you're the first friend I made on here and I'm so glad to know you.

@raerei3 For being so supportive of my story when it was only in its infancy - you may not know but it really meant a lot! Also, for being a super thorough beta tester for our app!

@CitizenErased14 For all of our random chats, for letting me vent and for never being mad for too long when I say something insensitive about your characters :D Also for always motivating me to keep improving :)

@Pegasus143 For answering a ton of Plumtree questions when me or the BF aren't around, always helping people and for being a lovely being all around.

Ha, I feel mushy now :)
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    @Triplis for so many recent thought-provoking posts on a macro level.
    Thanks, luthien! Happy to know my nerdiness is appreciated. :smile:
    Wyrren wrote: »
    And thank you @Triplis yourself for your giveaway which let me get Vintage Glamour! I'm loving it! I've made a whole new family with the CAS items, and am renovating an old home to be glamorous. :)
    Of course. Glad to hear you're enjoying it! :smiley:
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Thank you @Triplis for the mention, I didn't really say much, but I'm glad I could in part help you name your new lot :)
    You bet. Every little bit counts. :smile:
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello :) Thankyou all so very, very much! I feel quite embarrassed. I really appreciate your very kind and special words <3
    There are so many people that I would like to post here. Every person who posts on these forums brings their own touch of specialness as they post. Whichever section of the forums that they post in, the words that they write often helps, or encourages, or answers qustiions, or brightens another simmers day as they read them. We are alll simmers from all around the world, all sharing the same interest which is simming. Everyone has their own hard times that they are going through, as well as everyone has parts of their lives that bring them happiness and joy. When we post on the forums, we don't know how other simmers are feeling that day or what is occurring in their lives, but it is great that we have these forums for simming that we can all share together about our Sims!
    I enjoy talking to fellow simmers through the forums! Each of you are so very, very special, and your lives are so very precious. Thankyou for being uniquely you :)
    <3
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    What a great idea!

Many thanks to @luthienrising for all her enthusiasm and encouragement, to @rosemow for generous helpfulness, and to @silencecomplex (Carl of Carl's Forum) for providing a helpful and courteous place for all simmers.

I agree wholeheartedly with the following above mentioned. Many Thanks indeed!
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    @lisasc360 Thanks for the mention :smile:

I will mention @igazor for helping people out with tech stuff when players run into trouble in the TS3 forums

And this one definitely. Many thanks!
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Thank you @CathyTea I'm honored to be mentioned here. <3 I really appreciate you and everything you do on the forums. advice, support and kind words for others, Thank you.

cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Aww now I feel mushy too @ThePlumbob :) I'm really glad we met here and even irl! So awesome to have long-term simlit friends :)

also have to mention @CitizenErased14 at this point for cool simlit chats and interesting culture/language discussions :D thanks for putting up with my weirdness.
  • ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    I would like to thank @TheSimSupply and most simmers on YouTube because they have inspired me to continue to play the sims and start my own gaming channel
    pO5uos8.jpg