Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragonsire Doctor Who Mod Help

DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
I've only started modding my game over the past year or so, and the thought of Doctor Who mods didn't occur to me until recently. I went to Dragonsire's website, but every link directs you to a dodgy advertising website! By typing the direct urls, I managed to get the direct download urls, but then it became obvious very quickly that the download wasn't available!

Basically, does anyone have these mod files (I don't really care if they probably wont work with my game, I want to try them anyway) and, if you do have the main Script and SoundFX files, can you put them onto a file share like Mediafire or Google Drive and link them to me? It would be a great help! :)

I mainly want just the Script and SoundFX files, but any other of his Sims 3 mod files would be great too! :D
Post edited by DarkSuperNinja on

Comments

• DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    Cheeky bump! xD Does anyone have these mods at all??
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm pretty sure I had them before, but that was a long time ago. I'll try to find them but I must warn you, they aren't up-to-date so I don't think that they still work with the current patch. I'm not even sure I still have them.
    edited December 2016
    @Candyd Ok, thanks! xD I'm pretty sure they won't work too, but I really enjoy glitching out games, so there's no harm in trying... and backing up all of my save files beforehand...
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I think I found them ! Not quite sure if they're all here, but I think they're all here... There's also some extra Doctor Who CC with them.
    I'm currently uploading them and I'll PM you with the link once it's done.
    edited December 2016
    @Candyd You, sir/ma'am, are a SAINT! Thank you! xD
  • DJAppyDDJAppyD Posts: 4 New Member
    Do you guys still have the link handy, i would kill to get my hands on working ones, i currently have the files but they don't work and are corrupt. Thanks
  • GaiaWainwrongGaiaWainwrong Posts: 36 Member
    I think they only work with the very early patches. Like, pre-Late Night.
    @DJAppyD wrote: »
    Do you guys still have the link handy, i would kill to get my hands on working ones, i currently have the files but they don't work and are corrupt. Thanks

The files that @Candyd sent me crashed the game whenever I clicked any of the objects in Bulid Mode, and the script mods just flat-out didn't work, but you're free to try! xD

@Candyd Am I ok to post your One Drive link publicly on this thread for anyone who wants to try this mod themselves (since it doesn't seem possible to get it anywhere else anymore)? Since you PM'd me the link, I don't know whether you're ok with it being publicly posted or not! :)
    I just looked up the website, and the guy fixed his site last month! :Dhttp://moddingthesims.dragonsire.ca/

I have no idea if the mods work, and it's 11pm so I can't try them right now, but his website is working at least! :) If anyone wants to try them out and let me know if they work, feel free to do so!
    > @DarkSuperNinja said:
    > I just looked up the website, and the guy fixed his site last month!
    >
    > I have no idea if the mods work, and it's 11pm so I can't try them right now, but his website is working at least! :) If anyone wants to try them out and let me know if they work, feel free to do so!

The files i have, i can get them to work, but i'm having a hard time finding the exact patch i need. In buy mode the Black Scrolls is like un-textured, but when placed is good, but the script doesn't work, i click try to open and the sim just shrugs his sholders, the other files would corrupt the game, i only installed the expansion packs it supported and to memory it was 1.29, but the scripts refuse to work. Even when i grant the skill at max, nothing works. Sadly dragonshire is opting not to give the files anymore, probs because he knew this sort of thing would happen lol.
    Right after literally a year, testing i finally got the mods working, so as a guide you need the mods (dropbox .com/s/z7g287yss12g5p9/Sims%203%20Doctor%20Who.7z?dl=0) put that link together and there they are... Then you need to install, The Sims 3 (don't update, just the original), World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations (in that order). Then download the patch for the sims 3 1.33, install you're mods into the mods/packages folder and the recourse.cfg file from mod the sims. I tested most items, they all seem work work, regeneration, becoming a timelord, still not sure how to do it properly, the TARDIS, everything. Thank me later ;)
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I've wanted to use that mod for ages, but no way I'm going to run my game at that old of a patch level.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I'm not familiar with the mod in question here, but have to agree about the patch level limitation. Besides what the more recent patches have fixed since then, other mods the player may also want alongside of it that were designed/intended for 1.63 and higher are not going to function well and in some cases will be game-breaking. NRaas provides versions of its mods that go back that far, as do a few of the other major mod developers (Awesome does not), but they are there as a courtesy to players who might require them and are totally not supported any longer.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Each to their own, it's not recommended and you will not get any expansion to work past generations but for me it's worth it, and mods will be tacky but if anyone just wants to see the mod in action... That's how you do it.
    Good to know that there's a way of getting these working, though I've pretty much accepted that it's WAYY too much of a faff at this point! They're good mods too, it just sucks that they haven't been updated in donkeys! :(