Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with choosing new PC

Recently, I've been having really annoying crashes and lags on game and even after uninstalling the only EP (Seasons) I have, the base game is still crashing on me. :s I don't want to damage my laptop any further so I decided to just buy a new PC after I graduate college this March. (I know there's still a lot of time but I thought this needs a lot of preparation, so...! xD)

Anyway, after lurking the forums for a while, I found this helpful link which lists the requirements that can handle the game and the EPs. I live in Japan so the main place I can buy from is Amazon Japan so the PC available might be limited, but I hope you can help me search for a PC. ^^;

The EPs I have are Seasons (uninstalled), Ambitions, Generations and Supernatural (these 3 not installed, just bought because: SALE! xD). I also want to have Showtime and Late Night, other than that the other EPs aren't really necessary for me.

Looking from the link^ above, these are the PC that I thought would be good:

1. G-Tune with GTX 950 (Listed as OK for all EPs)
2. Fujitsu with GTX 745 (It's not directly listed so I'm having second thoughts about this one, I need confirmation if it's able to run the game. ^^; It has a monitor and other necessary things so I really want this though...

I actually prefer if it wasn't Windows 10 because I hear/see stories that Sims 3 doesn't work for some Windows 10 users...and that would suck after paying a load of money. :'( It would be nice if it was Windows 7 but I don't have many options so I listed Windows 10 PCs.
As for my budget, I can spend maybe up to 150,000 yen (approx. 1300 USD)
I hope you can help me and thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited December 2016
    The game runs fine on windows 10. You just need to make sure windows 10 is fully updated before installing the game

The first one would be fine as long is the case is not small and has good cooling. The first one only has 500 gb hard drive space. The second PC the card is too low and the tower small with no cooling. You might have heating problems

You want a case with good cooling and room for upgrades or for replacing hardware in the future should something break

This is another option https://www.amazon.co.jp/CyberPowerPC-Xtreme-Desktop-GeForce-米国並行輸入品/dp/B01MSX46Y4/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1482500900&sr=1-1&keywords=gtx+1060+desktop
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Keep in mind, deals available now might not be later when you buy.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @MagicalArtemis what phoebebebe13 above said.
    Windows 10 works fine with sims 3 and I have a GTX 950 card and the graphics look good in game.
  • Options
    SummerRoxySummerRoxy Posts: 93 Member
    @phoebebebe13 Oh, I see, now I can choose and use Windows 10 with no worries! xD I'll just give up on the 2nd PC. ^^; I'll keep in mind the one you suggested. Thanks for your answer and for suggesting/finding a link! :)

@Simasaurus09 Yeah, that's what I'm scared of! T_T But if they're not available anymore I'll come here and ask you guys again. xD

@Odonata68 Thanks for the info! Some question though, does your PC overheat and are there any inconveniences you experience while playing?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @MagicalArtemis Your very welcome. Should those computers not be available come March you can post back and I can try and find you a computer
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @MagicalArtemis your'e welcome. My pc doesn't overheat. My case is huge and it has 3 or 4 fans. There is also a fairly large cpu cooler that looks kinda like a radiator. Overall the computer runs really well. The only time I have freezing or stuttering in game is when a background task or update kicks in.
  • Options
    @Odonata68 That's nice to know! Thank you for the helpful info! (^-^)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Hi! I'm back! xD
    It's 2018 now but I still haven't bought a new PC (1 year+ with no sims! :'( ) because I had to really focus on my first year of work. But anyway, as everyone said the recommended ones are not available anymore so I'm hunting again. I found this GTX 1050 and it's way cheaper than when I looked a few months ago but it's not listed in the compatibility wiki page that I've linked in my original post. :(

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B06WLLTQNZ/?coliid=I7U0VPJ17GPAJ&colid=3Q4BD5NISLOUM&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Can this run just fine with WA, Ambitions, LN, Generations, ST, Pets, SN and Seasons installed? Thanks in advance for advices and recommendations! :)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    The GTX 1050 is fine for TS3, all expansions. My guess is that no one at MTS had anything lower than a 1060 to test for themselves. As with all of the newer cards, one will have to work with the Nvidia Control Panel and possibly Nvidia Inspector to cap its frame rate since TS3, unlike more modern games, has no built-in fps limiter. The more powerful cards will run wild on it and that hurts performance, as well as being a good way to burn out the card over time.

The only thing "wrong" I see with that model is that its SSD is far too small for anything other than Windows and system-related applications. That's not a deal breaker, but you would want to install TS3 and most other programs on the second internal drive, the much larger HDD and have Windows redirect your user documents folder to the larger drive -- usually the SSD will be assigned as the C drive and the HDD as D but other letter assignments could also be used by the company that set it up. You thereby lose the benefit that SSD can provide for TS3, shorter loading times and smoother experiences in caching, CAS, and Build/Buy category loadups. But larger or dual SSDs will drive the price of any computer much higher, which is why this configuration is so common.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor
    Thanks for the answer! I'm gonna buy it now!! :D I'll keep in mind the thing about the HDD, and if something doesn't work maybe I'll ask again. :#