Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back the Military career

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    sorry op but no i clearly do not went that carrer to return to the game

C'est presque toujours NON avec toi, hein? Is there something you do want to see come back? Like people who work in laundromats or something?
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    sorry op but no i clearly do not went that carrer to return to the game

C'est presque toujours NON avec toi, hein? Is there something you do want to see come back? Like people who work in laundromats or something?

I want laundromats. I'm surprised they didn't come with City Living.
  • Options
    ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I think we need tons more careers but if anyone is interested on modthesims there is a mod to add education career and biology career.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I'd like it back as well.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    I really want good career options for outdoorsy Sims, and for some of them, military would fit the bill. (I would also loooove some sort of Parks & Rec career where you Sim can rise from picking up litter along the highway to working as a park ranger, then ultimately running Sim Nation's whole National Parks system!)
    I think I just entered a loop. I'm expecting the time-space-continuum to collapse any moment now.

Your post reminded me of Parks and Rec the show, so I went and looked up the theme song on youtube.

One of the first comments on the video was (I swear I'm not making this up):
    This song always made the opening look like a loading screen for The Sims.

Granted, the comment is from a month ago and your post was made in december, so it is possible that a sims fan read your post, went to Parks and Rec theme song video, and posted that comment.

:o
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Krohn35Krohn35 Posts: 3 New Member
    I always loved the military career, was always a go to favourites for TS2 as well as teacher. I think both of those need to be brought back in some way. The military for sure was so disappointed when TS4 didn't have it. Especially as I am a generational player.

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd love the military and education careers back, plus law and psychology from sims 2
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2017
    We can't ask for military and education back enough. They've been in the base game since the beginning. Also, part time careers for adults. I want single parents, some of my borderline teens/young adults and slackers to have part time jobs.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    We can't ask for military and education back enough. They've been in the base game since the beginning. Also, part time careers for adults. I want single parents, some of my borderline teens/young adults and slackers to have part time jobs.

Yes! There was a dedicated Slacker career in Sims 2 as well, and the jobs included things like Petrol Pump Attendants.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    BriannaSkifBriannaSkif Posts: 34 Member
    I really miss the military career in Sims 4 and I'd like to see brought back.
  • Options
    LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    Yes, bring back military career. We just need more career options in general!
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited May 2017
    Not enough careers, period. I always struggle when choosing. I want a career that is more "lower class" like a slacker career.

But I can't agree enough with the military career returning. Once you hit level 5, you should be able to "go" officer (like green to gold in the US), or stay enlisted. That would be cool. A part time job as a reservist would be cool.

We need military, slacker, education, self employed jobs, and part time jobs back for adults. I really like the new careers that this game has seen, but I feel like everything is becoming all about the media and a rich and lavish lifestyle, and not everyone likes to play that way, or plays that way with every sim they create.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Please add the Military Career. thank you
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Hard_House_SimsHard_House_Sims Posts: 27 Member
    I agree that the military career was good :)
  • Options
    POLLYANNA2POLLYANNA2 Posts: 172 Member
    I would love the military career back, but as a "City Living" style active career not a "Get to work" style one.

I don't like that you have to follow your sims to work for them to get promotions. As I generally play with big families, I rarely play the Get to Work careers, because it limits my time with all my sims.
    YouTube%20Forum%20Banner_zpsu3ts3wnz.png
    ou can read my Sim-Lit here:
    https://pollyannasims.wordpress.com/

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    I have a saved family on saved separately on my desktop from my game because he is waiting for the military career. That's what he wants to do. His wife is waiting to have a lot of social parties and the live in mother law is waiting on a big family. But until he gets that military job I don't want to play them. I played them for awhile then scraped it because that is his story...I said he is waiting to go back into the military and so that's what I'm doing, waiting for that family to start their family, waiting for her to be the social butterfly she is dreaming about and mother in law waiting for them to have that big family.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FridFrid Posts: 11 New Member
    Support this so much. :)
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I'm frustrated that they seem to only add new careers in expansion packs, and not even every expansion pack! The game really needs more careers, especially staples like the military career. At this point, I'd even buy a stuff pack if it came with a new career.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd love to see the military career back, a classic rabbit hole career would be fine with me. If they really wanted, they could allow it to branch off into army, navy and possibly air force. (I haven't played the rabbit hole astronaut career yet so I don't know if that would overlap with air force).

It would be another career option for fitness-oriented sims with more of a logical component. Military sims are also more likely to use the new Fitness SP. With the new interconnected worlds, military sims could move homes between the different worlds every so often.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    PlaidygamiPlaidygami Posts: 51 Member
    I agree. The military career would be nice to have back, as well as a lot of the ones from The Sims 3 that were left out. A wide variety of careers and jobs makes the gameplay all the more fun. :)
    来る者は拒まず。 去る者は追わず。
    天下無不散之筵席。
  • Options
    TsukihasbeenhereTsukihasbeenhere Posts: 46 Member
    More careers in general would be great. Military, education, animal caretaker (Obviously after Pets), being the Nanny even would be fun!
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Agreed. Bring back the military career. And education career too.
  • Options
    MistressMoMoMistressMoMo Posts: 32 Member
    I want this too! I really enjoyed the military career.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I think we should be able to be the chef of our own restaurants. even if we are a chef in the game we can not even work at our own restaurants. we have to hire someone with no skills. then we have to pay for training, which amounts to nothing. I had a chef at my restaurant that I paid for his training to the max chef. he was not even in the game. so I moved him into a home and then I find he does work at my restaurant, but he had no chef skills only when he go and work for me.
    when we own our own business we should not be called unemployed.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor