Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does The Sims 4 have enough lots?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    What do you need more lots for?
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    With all the packs, now I finally feel like there are enough. But I'm still frustrated because they're not the sizes I want and in the places I want. Like others said, I would much rather have four small lots in place of one giant 64x64 that is just a waste of space for me. I won't be happy until we can delete and replace lots ourselves to make the towns our own.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited December 2016
    There really are not enough lots. I tend to try to make up for that by using multiple saves, but I would prefer to be able to use more lots per save. If I want to use all 4 Maxis-made restaurants, and all 3 Maxis made spas, that is 7 lots right there. If I want to use lots from the gallery, some of the most spectacular lots are 64x64, and I don't want to have to delete pre-made game content to use them. If I want to recreate my parents current home (19th century, 3 stories including attic), or the two story home I grew up in (originally 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 workshop downstairs, there was an addition that expanded it to 3 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, and 1 office, plus another music room downstairs and the workshop), I would need a 50x50 or 64x64 lot. (64x64 if I want to include any of the yard). Even if I recreate the condo I moved out of when I married on a 30x20 lot, there is no room for the cabana (with sauna room, and womens and mens restrooms, and a meeting area the size of a living room) or even the full size of the pool, just barely room for a lap pool. There also aren't any stairs that lead out of the pool that can be placed within the pool (like at the shallow end), but that is another issue.

And creating the outside hallway, the other condos, and the elevator is out of the question due to current limitations with Sims 4. (I came close to this with Sims 3 but ran into some issues when trying to smooth the terrain.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    NO... there are not enough lots for builders in this version. For those of us who ONLY like to build, what we have is not nearly enough. EA/Maxis needs to give us a way to add more lots or worlds so we don't have to bulldoze our precious creations. I really hate that! :/
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    I would love for the feature to change the size to any size we want (listed of course, it would be a pain if in the gallery there were 18x46 lots). I think there are enough lots but would like some options.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    We need another newcrest type world.

Get to Work added it's world it should have added a widenburg sized world.
    ALSO.. Apartments should have been able to be placed on any lot because that would save a lot of space.
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I have many lots that can be occupied. I'd love some new venues.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    There's enough for me since city livintg added a bunch of apartments.

That being said I'd never turn down more space.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I wish there were more smaller lots. The two teeny ones in Newcrest are always built first. I seldom build on the huge lots.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    For building. Duh.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'd like more 30x40 lots. The real tiny ones are a waste, you can't do anything with it. You can't get a good screenshot with tiny rooms. I use those lots for a bus stop or a park. With houses, I like to have grounds around it, not wall to wall house.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    So a genuine question for builders, as I'm not one: If your goal is building, not gameplay, why not just start a second save and reuse the lots? What is it about that that doesn't work out for you?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    For building. Duh.

I think she was asking so that she could possibly offer some helpful work arounds. Sort of like the suggestion @luthienrising made.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    So a genuine question for builders, as I'm not one: If your goal is building, not gameplay, why not just start a second save and reuse the lots? What is it about that that doesn't work out for you?
    @luthienrising I can't speak for all builders, but the reason I don't like to start new saves is because when you start a new save, you lose all of the neighborhoods. I like to build themed neighborhoods and would not want to have to start EVERY neighborhood over. The only alternative to that is to go back in to the neighborhoods I wanted to keep and painstakingly replace all of the lots. No thank you!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    Definitely not! I wish we could make our own neighborhoods. There's definitely a lack of larger lots.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016
    No, there are not enough lots in particular areas. Instead of that huge wasted land in MP, that could have been a couple of streets with a few more house lots. I mean they put nothing at all in that area but maybe one chess table, and when in game it's a huge area if your Sim has to walk through it. There will never be enough lots until the day I can put vacant lots along the roadside of any area.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Definitely agree we need more lots. Not more worlds but more lots PER world.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016

I'm not only a builder but most builders build these to share for one thing. In my game I have to choose (in Newcrest) if I use that huge amusement park I built or the Mall I built for that largest lot next to the water. That's why. Not enough large lots in that section and I have to bulldoze one. *If anyone shares the lot where it looks best like I just mentioned then other players will also have to choose one or the other. Builders place lots where they work the best for the area, not just because it's vacant.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

I do this sometimes. And I usually start a new save with each expansion and game pack. I have a base save where I have removed everything. It is a pain to do each time. For me, the problem is that I don't just build. I also play, and often I am inspired to build by the personality of the Sim I am playing. I have a few Sms that I love, and it is a pain to move them into the new save. And they lose relationships. The clubs that I use have to be started all over again, and the points and perks have to start from zero again. Starting a whole new save is juat a huge pain.
  • Options
    MalisityMalisity Posts: 145 Member
    Number of lots, yes i do think so. I never feel like I am short on them. I still would love more diverse worlds perhaps a beach world with the option of beach lots with water swimming. Perhaps in a summer activity game pack. I of course want a proper Seasons EP.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    As long as The Sims 4 doesn't offer the ability to create/add new lots (like Sims 2 and Sims did), the game will always not have enough lots. It's honestly very saddening when the fourth installment of a franchise is more restricted than the previous installments. Even the original Sims had more lots than The Sims 4... which is just disturbing.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    @luthienrising I can't speak for all builders, but the reason I don't like to start new saves is because when you start a new save, you lose all of the neighborhoods. I like to build themed neighborhoods and would not want to have to start EVERY neighborhood over. The only alternative to that is to go back in to the neighborhoods I wanted to keep and painstakingly replace all of the lots. No thank you!
    Also another problem is every time you start a new game, you have to go through Create a Sim, save the Household, move the Sim in, go back to Manage Worlds, and evict the Sim. Currently I don't think there's a way to bypass CAS. The closest way is do the steps I mentioned and making a save so one doesn't have to go through CAS.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    edited December 2016
    I have a quite a few lots spare as I'm not much of a builder, however I can definitely understand why a builder would find there aren't enough lots. What I would like to see is more of a variety in the styles of each world.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited December 2016
    The number of lots, the world layout, the entire world... a bad joke. Call me a hater I don't care because I have EA/Sims 4 love loss. I am on the fence waiting on Sims 5... if it ever even makes it. I dunno how much drama has went on while Sims 4 has been created, Maxis shutting down, Sims 4's failed online project to offline conversion, Sims team leads getting fired! This game has been a clutter... since day 1 its a real mess. I mean the game speaks volumes just look at it and its tiny unorganized worlds. Every about Sims 4 is weak, bland, boring, repetitive. Its like we went back to Sims 2 with less content overall but visual upgrade and minor animation/ base gameplay upgrades.

If sims 4 was made in 2002 it would have been a smash hit, now its just another face in the crowd being overshadowed by much better game for 2016/2017.
  • Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    Absolutely not, Worlds in the Sims 4 are tiny and I have no idea why people are settling for less