Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbot Issue

ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
edited December 2016 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I have a plumbot in the family (from ITF, not a simbot from Ambitions), Hard Drive. Her needs are normally Charge/Battery, Maintenance, Social (which is locked without Friendly Functions trait chip) and Hygiene (which is locked).

I left Hard Drive in Appaloosa Plains (where we live) with our horse and I traveled with my main sim, Allie, and our dog, Koffee to Aurora Skies.

On day two, I got a notice that our grandson-in-law had been found with errortrap and reset. That was weird, cause we're in Aurora Skies and he's in Appaloosa Plains.

Well, we're now on day three of a six day vacation (with Allie and Koffee) and I see that Hard Drive had been caught with errortrap and been reset... and she is now standing in our living room in Aurora Skies, but her needs are messed up now. She has no trait chips at all and her needs are hunger, bladder, social, and hygiene (which is locked, but no others are). And her hunger and bladder are gray. Here's a couple pictures.

Needs:

Hard_Drive_1.jpg

Missing Trait Chips

Hard_Drive_2.jpg

I did a MC reset on her and it isn't helping. Also, she can't click on herself anymore and her inventory is completely empty. She had a lot of stuff in her inventory that I really hope isn't lost.

ETA: I should also mention, she meet a man in Aurora Skies and the got married but I never got the option to add him to the household. I figured it was glitched and I just broke up with him. Figured that might be important. Should I just revert to a save before we traveled? This whole thing is seeming screwy to me.
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited December 2016
    There is a bug with resetting plumbots. It looks like this one has been glitched since the start anyway. The hygiene bar should never be visible, you should see the entertainment bar (locked unless if the sentience chip is installed) instead. A plumbot without any trait chips should have energy and maintenance active, social and entertainment locked, with hygiene hunger and bladder invisible. I know that in some cases, the plumbot life state is lost (it's an occult status). I've seen it happen. I'd suggest to use MasterController to "add occult - plumbot", save, quit and reload. If it works, MasterController Cheats can be used to give new trait chips. If it doesn't work, your sim may have always been corrupted (given its strange needs) and I'm not sure if it's possible to rescue it at this point.
    Post edited by Candyd on
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Can you explain the "add creature - plumbot" a little more to me. I'm not completely getting what you are saying to do there. Do I click MC on the plumbot or computer/city hall? Add creature - plumbot to what? She's already in our house.

Also, I can click on the plumbot with my main sim, Allie, but I can not click on the plumbot with the plumbot selected.

I guess at this point, it may be best just to sell Hard Drive, much as I don't want to, and buy a new one and see if we have any better luck with the new one. I do believe she's been glitched since the beginning. As her social would periodically gray out (as the hunger and bladder one above is) and I'd reset her with MC and sometimes social would come right back to green and sometimes it would take a couple days to fix itself.

Gah! Why is it always the ones you grow attached to that glitch out. *sigh*
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited December 2016
    You need MC Cheats. Click on the plumbot (active or not), MC --> Intermediate --> Occult : add --> Plumbot : true. Save, quit and reload to see the result.
    I suppose that the plumbot life state has been lost for a while, but I'm not quite sure about it. It's worth checking.
    I restarted the game to look into the add creature and now her needs are back to normal (actually showing fun instead of hygiene, and you know, it might have always said fun - before the travel/errortrap thing - and I just didn't pay attention cause it was locked). All her inventory is still missing, but she has all her traits again, too.
    p8L4V6v.png
    Thanks for the help @Candyd!! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    There is bug that can happen when you travel with plumbots but looks like you got lucky and it fixed itself there is a way to prevent the bug but I can't remember how to do it maybe ask over at Nraas someone over there will probably know
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
    That's the thing. I didn't travel with a plumbot. I left my plumbot home while my sim and her dog traveled and register (not errortrap) message popped up and then she was suddenly on vacation with us and all messed up. But thank you! Yes, I'm glad it's righted itself. I am keeping an eye on my plumbot. If she goes wonky again, I'll sell her. I don't want a corrupt sim in my save.
    p8L4V6v.png
    If plumbots travel, they can easily break. I'd disable tourists in Register to protect them.
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    That's the thing. I didn't travel with a plumbot. I left my plumbot home while my sim and her dog traveled and register (not errortrap) message popped up and then she was suddenly on vacation with us and all messed up. But thank you! Yes, I'm glad it's righted itself. I am keeping an eye on my plumbot. If she goes wonky again, I'll sell her. I don't want a corrupt sim in my save.

Which version of Traveler are you using? As that shouldn't have happened sounds like a bug in the mod that the people of Nraas might want to know about so they can fix it
    Candyd wrote: »
    If plumbots travel, they can easily break. I'd disable tourists in Register to protect them.

Tourist plumbots don't have that problem the problem only happens when you bring them along and almost always when trying to bring them from Oasis Landing
    ScottDemon wrote: »

Which version of Traveler are you using? As that shouldn't have happened sounds like a bug in the mod that the people of Nraas might want to know about so they can fix it

I have v86 of Traveler. I tried the beta version (like v87c or something similiar) but had a problem that I couldn't travel to the future at all (which is what the beta version is suppose to fix, but in my game... it just wasn't possible). I did go to Nraas for the issue back then with my not being able to travel and Me and Igazor worked on it. That's when I determined it was the beta version of traveler. So it's not an option to use another version of traveler.

Really, my post about not being able to travel never really got any help except igazor so, unless this happens again in the future, I'll probably just let sleeping dogs lie.

But thanks for the help. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited December 2016

I have v86 of Traveler. I tried the beta version (like v87c or something similiar) but had a problem that I couldn't travel to the future at all (which is what the beta version is suppose to fix, but in my game... it just wasn't possible). I did go to Nraas for the issue back then with my not being able to travel and Me and Igazor worked on it. That's when I determined it was the beta version of traveler. So it's not an option to use another version of traveler.

Really, my post about not being able to travel never really got any help except igazor so, unless this happens again in the future, I'll probably just let sleeping dogs lie.

Yeah unfortunately Wikispaces lacks the ability for the Organizers too tag post's for Chain to take a look at which is why sometime in the near future they'll be moving to a better website so posts don't get lost in the shuffle
    You could try giving Hard Drive the Sentience Chip before you decide to travel again I think if I remember correctly that's how I got around the issue before I used Traveler maybe the same trick will work you can replace/remove the chip after you get back it could be related to the reason that plumbots can't be moved out on their own without that chip maybe the game sees it as the plumbot being left behind.

Yeah unfortunately Wikispaces lacks the ability for the Organizers too tag post's for Chain to take a look at which is why sometime in the near future they'll be moving to a better website so posts don't get lost in the shuffle
    You could try giving Hard Drive the Sentience Chip before you decide to travel again I think if I remember correctly that's how I got around the issue before I used Traveler maybe the same trick will work you can replace/remove the chip after you get back it could be related to the reason that plumbots can't be moved out on their own without that chip maybe the game sees it as the plumbot being left behind.

Okay, I'll try that. Cause I am really pretty attached to Hard Drive and I'd hate to sell her. And that very well could be (her being left behind) because it was only her and the horse left at home while we was on vacation. I don't foresee traveling in the immediate future but I do plan it after a bit.
    p8L4V6v.png
    I actually got a bug with the sentience chip once, it disappeared while moving out. But plumbots automatically get the limitless learning chip when evicted.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    We should probably have given that NRaas thread a bump, I'm assuming Chain missed seeing it after all this time with no response. I'll send him a PM about it now.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor It's not a big deal, really. Me and you problem solved it, I just hope that my files helped to narrow down the problem so it'll help in the fine tuning tweaks (that way I can fully go to the newest version when it's released :) ).
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited December 2016
    I actually got a bug with the sentience chip once, it disappeared while moving out. But plumbots automatically get the limitless learning chip when evicted.

I didn't know that they got the Limitless Learning chip automatically when they get moved out I always made sure I gave them both Sentience and Limitless Learning chips before I moved them out. But I've never had the Sentience chip disappear from any I moved out either I got lucky or giving them both chips before moving them makes a difference.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2016
    @Chelljo - Ha, still no comment from Chain, probably forthcoming, but he just released Traveler 87d. Check the release notes.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+Testing

Edit: He did miss seeing that thread to begin with, but had been working on a fix all this time anyway. So he says. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor This line:
    You can travel to the future again on new games that have not been saved and reloaded.

I actually had that, too. I didn't peice it together with the traveler mod, but I would have to save and reload a game before I could travel to the future but that isn't what was going on in Hidden Springs. That game and been saved and loaded many, many times. We just could not travel.

I still have that save file (the old one). I'll put in the new version of traveler and test here after while (today is "finish Christmas shopping" and wrap all the presents I've been avoiding up to this point day, so not sure when I'll get to load Sims 3. Plus I need to install a mod in Sims 4 and test a sim for someone here on the forums, which I need to do before I start shopping and wrapping. So it might be this evening).

Thanks for the heads up! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited December 2016

@ScottDemon
    Tourist plumbots don't have that problem the problem only happens when you bring them along and almost always when trying to bring them from Oasis Landing

Oh really? My first experience with plumbots was to travel to Oasis Landing, buy one, and travel back to my homeworld. I didn't have an issue. I guess I got lucky. :)
    Now I just put the plumbot shop in my game and buy them from there. (or build them at home.)

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Zalera13Zalera13 Posts: 55 Member
    This is a slightly different Plumbot issue, but I've tried a few things to fix it and nothing has worked and I can't find any decent answers about it either so.. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. My sim decided he wanted to be a self employed bot builder so I went with it, but he can't sell the bots anywhere I've tried replacing the pedastals I've put a pedastal in their house and nothing works, I made a new bot to see if the original was the problem but still nothing, if anyone has any ideas on how i can fix it please tell me! I can't sell them in the future either.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    @Zalera13
    I'm not sure about that one. I'm assuming you have the plumbot on the lot with you, as you said you tried it with the pedestal in the house. I just click on the pedestal and it gives me the option to buy plumbot, or sell plumbot.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Zalera13Zalera13 Posts: 55 Member
    The option to buy the one thats on there shows up but no sell option, When I didnt have a bot the sell option was there and greyed out saying i needed a bot with me, but as soon as i had one with me the sell option was gone altogether