Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For user Deetoxicity

@Deetoxicity wants to know if the sims 4 will work on their Mac

Apple 21.5inch Imac
8GB ram
1.6GHz dual‑core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz)
Intel HD Graphics 6000

Thanks

Comments

• DeetoxicityDeetoxicity Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you so much! I should mention that it's late 2015 too!
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Your very welcome
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It should. It's always best to check the specs of a game before purchasing it.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • DeetoxicityDeetoxicity Posts: 20 Member
    Okay so! Update:

The sims 4 runs very nicely on medium settings in windowed mode. It was a little laggy in full screen even on low settings so I switched to windowed and it allowed me to push it to medium with edge smoothing on low and it runs very nicely! I haven't tried anything higher bc I don't want to push my luck haha
  • Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    Okay so! Update:

The sims 4 runs very nicely on medium settings in windowed mode. It was a little laggy in full screen even on low settings so I switched to windowed and it allowed me to push it to medium with edge smoothing on low and it runs very nicely! I haven't tried anything higher bc I don't want to push my luck haha

As the game updates in the future, you may find that performance drops some more. A few things to help keep performance: as you've seen, the more that is on the screen at once, the more the game lags. Smaller windowed sizes fix this quickly, but also, keep in mind the lots you are playing on. Smaller lots will play better than larger ones. You can use multiple floors to break up larger lots so that there are only a few rooms on the screen at once.

Fewer furnishings = better performance. A lot with wall to wall clutter will perform much slower than a house that only has the necessities. This also applies to lighting - fewer, brighter lights performs better than lots of dimmer lights.

Also, if you use CC, or start using CC in the future, be aware of where the content comes from, and how it's made. MTS screens uploads for quality, and TSR at least checks to make sure there is nothing unreasonable with how the content was made. I've seen independent bloggers in the past make content much more resource-intensive than would be ever be allowed on any site with any kind of quality control. Higher poly content and large textures will also slow the game down further.
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Okay so! Update:

Is this on your laptop or did you try playing on your Mac? You should be able to install the game on both to see which one may run better for you. Glad it's working better.