Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims sit at weddings now?

In the last patch notes it said sims will now prefer to sit at weddings. Has anyone tested this out, does it work properly? I'm planning a wedding for ly sims and I need to know if I should put seats in front of the arch or not.

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    ohhh i would like to know if this is working as well.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    At first they do stand up some time, then they sit down. Don't worry, standing up doesn't take too long, it's only some time.
  • tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    edited December 2016
    I've had a few weddings since that update and I've had mixed results. It seems the chairs need to be very close to the altar or wedding arch. The chairs in Myshuno Meadows don't seem to be close enough, besides the two closest.
  • SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    edited December 2016
    In my most recent wedding, I put out six chairs for the six guests, and two of them sat. However, I realized after the Sims started exchanging vows that the first row of chairs was too close to where the betrothed couple was standing (or at least the middle chair was). Still, this is the first time I've ever seen any guests sit at one of my weddings, and I've been playing since the game was ported to Mac (when Outdoor Retreat came out), so this is progress!

ETA screenshots:

7kYtb76.jpg

6Tes5fv.jpg
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I haven't done a wedding yet since the patch. But in Jenn XUrbansimsx's recent City Living Let's Play she had a wedding in the Myshuno Meadows. It took the guests a little bit longer to get over to the wedding arch area, since they were in the house. But once they got there, it looked like most of them sat for most of the ceremony, which was good to see. I forget where they sat exactly. It's awfully tough to get that bug totally squashed in this iteration. If you check out the Let's Play, keep in mind the Maid of Honor, who is dashing about, wasn't technically one of the guests. Jenn just forgot to invite her from the Event Menu, so had to have her come to the Park after the event started. :p

If an unruly wedding guest is a Sim you can control, you can click on the arch and select Watch Wedding Ceremony or something to that effect. At least you could the last time I had a wedding. That made the Sim move to the chairs area and stand still, maybe now it will make them sit down? Gonna hafta have a wedding this weekend! :smiley:
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited December 2016
    Well that's disappointing

Also what about the dressing room in Myshuno Meadows? Can you actually plan the outfits there? like just wedding outfits separately.
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

Well that's disappointing

Also what about the dressing room in Myshuno Meadows? Can you actually plan the outfits there? like just wedding outfits separately.

You should be able to plan outfits at any mirror (there should be one in every restroom in all public lots).
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Hmm, looks like a lot of mixed results so far. I don't really mind the guests standing, but then I prefer to have a ceremony area without chairs so it doesn't look weird. If I'm going to add seats, I want to know that they will use them.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    The guy in the blue hat looks like a barrel of laughs. Maybe the lack of a wedding cake has cheesed him right off. Well, some people only turn up for the food.
    plopppo wrote: »
    The guy in the blue hat looks like a barrel of laughs. Maybe the lack of a wedding cake has cheesed him right off. Well, some people only turn up for the food.

He was in an "angry" mood. He was so grumpy at the wedding (despite plentiful food) that I didn't invite him to the next party, for the groom's birthday (he was a friend/former roommate of the bride anyway).
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited January 2017
    If you're interested, I'd mentioned this in the bug forum a little while ago.

Turns out there was missing code, but it was added in the latest patch, except the viewing angle is *tiny* - hopefully this gets addressed soon.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/904809/sitting-at-weddings-fix
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited January 2017
    I just had a wedding at Myshuno meadows and 5/9 guests sat down. It's not perfect, but it's much better than 0.
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    I had a wedding at Myshuno Meadows, and they all sat down. :)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    My guests are split. The back rows of chairs don't get used when I have a lot of guests, so I still have loads of people crowding the aisles. At a recent wedding, most of the Elders and the pregnant Sim all sat down, while the younger and non-pregnant Sims mostly stood up. Don't know if that was a coincidence.

When I went to have a wedding at Myshuno Meadows though I didn't get the option to choose a Maid of Honour and wasn't prompted to change wedding outfits. Am I missing something?
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    You can change wedding outfits by choosing one in formal wear in CAS and then press change outfits during the wedding

I did not know you could choose a maid of honor.. I'm not really sure you can
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    You can change wedding outfits by choosing one in formal wear in CAS and then press change outfits during the wedding

I did not know you could choose a maid of honor.. I'm not really sure you can

Okay yeah that I already do - I just wasn't sure whether there was some new functionality with Myshuno Meadows.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I just had a wedding at Myshuno meadows and 5/9 guests sat down. It's not perfect, but it's much better than 0.

? that sounds no better than the only wedding I had in my game when the game was first released. Some sat, had plenty of space, and seats and some didn't. What is it just patched back to how it wasn't that good to start with? It's funny in TSM they all sit for a serman unless a child can't find a seat so he starts talking to adults then they may get up to talk to the child who never seems to find a seat.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    For my huge wedding where I literally invited everybody my Sim ever met (around 12 people I think), everybody sat down. They did take drinks though before sitting down.
    Better than my first wedding in this game, where the only users of the benches where taking naps on them :D
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I have two weddings slated. Two separate saves. Not sure which one I want to have happen (as in I can't decide with save to play). Story of my life. This habitual indecisiveness is what ultimately compelled me to play rotation style back in Sims2. However, I has several different households in one neighborhood. This time it's two separate saves. I waste so much valuable game play time, trying to make up my mind. LOL I guess I should just flip a coin or something…
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have two weddings slated. Two separate saves. Not sure which one I want to have happen (as in I can't decide with save to play). Story of my life. This habitual indecisiveness is what ultimately compelled me to play rotation style back in Sims2. However, I has several different households in one neighborhood. This time it's two separate saves. I waste so much valuable game play time, trying to make up my mind. LOL I guess I should just flip a coin or something…

Take the upper save first :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well the patch notes said it was fixed - but I have no clue - I don't allow any sims to get married as long as there are no toddlers I just have a lot of lonely Sims living by themselves in my game when I play Sims 4. I generally just play Sims 3 so I can have normal families with all life stages and sometimes Sims 2 even though YA's are only in Uni - at least they are in the game. One day I hope to find out about Sims 4 weddings if they ever get the missing toddlers. For now I will just play lonely Vamps. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....