Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Greenwich Isle (roadless/medieval/fantasy) Released!

Comments

• OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    This all looks very very beautiful!
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Looks like you are doing an awesome job and look forward to your finishing!

Thank you so much you two! Looking forward to finishing as well!
    Community Pool in Wolves Run...

Screenshot-104.jpg
    Screenshot-109.jpg
    Just moving right along, finished up the homes in Wolves Run...

Screenshot-112.jpg
    Screenshot-113.jpg

Starter home...

Screenshot-114.jpg

Overview...

Screenshot-115.jpg
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    Wonderful!!!
    Gaxili1 wrote: »
    Wonderful!!!

Thank you kindly!

I updated the first post. Contains what you will need to run this world. I don't know how much of the store content I'm actually using, but that is what I have downloaded. The Worlds are important though, please make sure you have them and the correct expansions listed.

I highly recommend you run this world with just those expansions selected. The NPC's from other EP's are quite annoying, and I do not know how to manipulate them to look like they belong in the world. Plus, it will get buggy.

I'm towards the end of building. Just a couple more lots. A library, beach, and ports for ships (and possibly... boats that look like ships. I have no idea where to start with that though). It's been quite a journey sclupting, painting and building a world I was dying to have for so long. I hope that once I release it to public you guys have enjoyment with it as well.

:) Thank you all for the continued support and the lurking likes and awesomes. <3
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Your world looks wonderful! The world is a great size (I'm into small worlds lately, haha) and very well done lots. Kudos!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    edited January 2018
    Hey everyone, don't worry, still working on it after a nice long break. Good to step away and miss it for a bit... trucking onward!

Mermaid Cove is now over yonder, as a beach...
    Screenshot-10_1.jpg
    Screenshot-11_1.jpg

Barracks (Knights' Quarters)...
    Screenshot-4_1.jpg
    Screenshot-5_1.jpg
    Screenshot-6_1.jpg

And a Rowe House (WIP) where many sims can live on the same lot but separate...
    Screenshot-12_1.jpg
    Screenshot-13_1.jpg
    Post edited by Oilbasedoleander on
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Glad to see you back. Still looking forward to it. :)
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    What a beautiful community pool ! It's just gorgeous.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • BatshebaBatsheba Posts: 44 Member
    It looks wonderful!
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Glad to see you back. Still looking forward to it. :)
    Pary wrote: »
    What a beautiful community pool ! It's just gorgeous.
    Batsheba wrote: »
    It looks wonderful!

Thanks you guys! :) I'm in the finally home stretch. I've built and decorated all lots I've wanted I'm just currently trying to figure out my sidewalk situations and how to make them invisible to the eye. I'll take some over view photos in game when I start testing it out.

Almost theeerrreeee...
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

@Oilbasedoleander Is this world finished and ready for download?
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Please let us download your world!!!
  • KathyriniaKathyrinia Posts: 15 New Member
    this is so beautiful. creativity like this is truly a gift and you have used it so very well
    No it is not. There have been issues with freezing while testing and random close outs which does not happen with my other Sims worlds/games.

It’s been tough taking steps back and altering what needs to be altered in order for this world to work.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I’ve been busy being a mommy :) just had a baby in October so my time is limited as it is.

This world has just been a head ache but if I can get it to work with out the freezing after 3 minutes of playing, I’ll upload it.
    I'm so happy you posted ; )
    I wonder if the amount of store content has anything to do with the freezing?
    I would not give up on this gem.
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby...awww!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @Oilbasedoleander congratulations on your new baby ! <3

And if you can't fix the freezing in your world, or give up on it entirely ( being a Mum is a full time thing! ) would you please consider uploading some of your beautiful lots at least? It would be a shame for them not to see the light of day, so to speak. They really are lovely.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    I'm so happy you posted ; )
    I wonder if the amount of store content has anything to do with the freezing?
    I would not give up on this gem.
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby...awww!

Thank you! And I'm not giving up on it. I had to rework a lot of stuff is all. Got rid of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 part of the world because it meshed with the medieval theme a bit for me. And I had to get rid of the ports because of routing issues (when the world doesn't close out on me). My lovely pain in the butt world <3 haha.
    Pary wrote: »
    @Oilbasedoleander congratulations on your new baby ! <3

And if you can't fix the freezing in your world, or give up on it entirely ( being a Mum is a full time thing! ) would you please consider uploading some of your beautiful lots at least? It would be a shame for them not to see the light of day, so to speak. They really are lovely.

Thank you so much!

So, the plan is to upload the world as is. Meaning limited testing on my part. I did get my sim to a couple lots and tested routing on them. BUT I no longer have the save files to this world. My USB that contained them got lost while we moved and I've been looking everywhere for it. :( So bummed, but I still have the world uploaded to my Sims 3 launcher so that's good.

What I'll do is upload all the lots I got to test and fix for you guys. That way you can download them and replace the existing buggy lots that are there.

I'll update the first post with all content I've used so you have the run down on what you'll need.

Hopefully during baby's naptimes I can test a bit more, fix and upload the lots you'll need to replace and then upload the world!

I really enjoyed working on this place and I hope you guys will enjoy playing it. And that it works.
    Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! I will wait patiently for your wonderful world - thanks again!
    edited January 2018
    Front page is updated with required content. Luckily the world that was in my launcher was the updated version, meaning no community lots will need to be replaced as I fixed them prior to launching.

The residential lots though, I did not test and am not planning to. However, the two Elven Houses I will upload for you all. In the world, they were made with different windows that I don't care for and some furniture that does not fit, and I shrunk the pond on one of the lots for more space in the back yard.

I will eventually just upload most of the lots that way if you do not want to download the forever Beta world (or if it just refuses to upload to the site which can happen), you'll have them to download if you wish.

I'm working on it and hopefully will have everything uploaded and ready for you all on the next couple days. <3

EDIT:

Nevermind, I uploaded the lots for you all to download now on front page.
    Also, only one of the Elven home uploaded properly to my studio. I tried several times to get it to load but it won't. :( Sorry about that. But those are all the lots I could manage for everyone.

Please enjoy!
    Post edited by Oilbasedoleander on
    Uploaded the world as is!
    Enjoy!
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @Oilbasedoleander ,

I have just checked out Greenwich Isle ... WOW!!! ... You have created a very beautiful medieval world and your attention to detail is absolutely amazing. I love the Fae Forest, the Bathing Pools and Greenwich Village especially.
    My sim has happily settled at the Bachelor/ette dwelling and I am looking forward to exploring this gorgeous island further :)

Thank you very much for finding the time to upload your world and giving simmers the option to download all those wonderful lots separately too.
    UQtj3Zb.jpg?1
    Hidehi wrote: »

Hi @Oilbasedoleander ,

I have just checked out Greenwich Isle ... WOW!!! ... You have created a very beautiful medieval world and your attention to detail is absolutely amazing. I love the Fae Forest, the Bathing Pools and Greenwich Village especially.
    My sim has happily settled at the Bachelor/ette dwelling and I am looking forward to exploring this gorgeous island further :)

Thank you very much for finding the time to upload your world and giving simmers the option to download all those wonderful lots separately too.
    UQtj3Zb.jpg?1

That's fantastic! Love the pic thank you for sharing, if you want to share more would love to see them. How's it running for you? Hope it doesn't close out or freeze like it's done for me. Would love to hear your update!

I've made a few sims and families to go with the world that I'll upload for you all soon. :)
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @Oilbasedoleander ,

just to let you know that nearly a whole sim-week has gone by and I haven't had any freezing or crashes yet :D

I'm having a lot of fun exploring Greenwich Isle and have managed to take some more screenshots which I hope show your lovely world at it's best.

Absolutely adore the Bathing Pools!!
    WXaGEAB.jpg?1

Beautiful at night
    wosCzi3.jpg?1

Greenwich village
    wwV54x4.jpg?1

Mermaid Cove - ingenious idea to use the soccer goals as fishing nets!!
    nG9anws.jpg?2

I have downloaded your fab households too ... they are now waiting to be allocated appropriate housing :)
    edited January 2018
    Hidehi wrote: »

Hi @Oilbasedoleander ,

just to let you know that nearly a whole sim-week has gone by and I haven't had any freezing or crashes yet :D

I'm having a lot of fun exploring Greenwich Isle and have managed to take some more screenshots which I hope show your lovely world at it's best.

Absolutely adore the Bathing Pools!!
    WXaGEAB.jpg?1

Beautiful at night
    wosCzi3.jpg?1

Greenwich village
    wwV54x4.jpg?1

Mermaid Cove - ingenious idea to use the soccer goals as fishing nets!!
    nG9anws.jpg?2

I have downloaded your fab households too ... they are now waiting to be allocated appropriate housing :)

That's so great to hear and I love the pictures! Makes me proud :)

I've added the royal family to my studio as well as two knights to go in the barracks and the castle. Just slowly adding things as I go!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top