Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOO and Personalizing Decor

I watch a lot of #thesimsupply and James is always coming up with inventive ways to use decor items. I love trying to make new things out of the decor.

Here is an example. Using the Vintage Glamour bedroom furniture, I made an entertainment center.

28bqq91.png

If you like doing things like this, post your pics here.

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Ooh, I like that! I may have to borrow that idea for my sim's home when I get around to buying VG.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Another example from a current build. I like dressing up the area behind beds.

311rtax.png
  • Options
    I like the way the bedside night stand and lights worked out here. I used the mirrors from VG and one of the base game wall lamps together. Then I put the pool light under the side table.

21nf7ux.png
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Omg I love James.. All his builds r amazing and he seems to do it so effortlessly.. I like his city living lets play also
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    One of the best tips I have seen was when someone used the tall, silver floor lamp with the slight dome and used MOO to place it in the same spot as the umbrella pole in a outdoor table. This gives night dining outdoors some table light.

I also use the large gold framed portraits a lot with other paintings. Some will fit in front of the portraits, giving you a new picture in that frame.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    One of the best tips I have seen was when someone used the tall, silver floor lamp with the slight dome and used MOO to place it in the same spot as the umbrella pole in a outdoor table. This gives night dining outdoors some table light.

I also use the large gold framed portraits a lot with other paintings. Some will fit in front of the portraits, giving you a new picture in that frame.

That IS awesome! I'm gonna try that! Right now I just take the pool ground lights and raise them up until they disappear in the umbrella. I also put one on the table surrounding the umbrella pole.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Love the umbrella light idea. Definitely gonna try that.
  • Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    Cool ideas everyone! I love using MOO and the height tool to customize decor! :) I really like @aaronjc123 idea of using the ottoman as a console! Never thought of that!

I'm currently creating a school, and the gymnasium looked weird without bleachers, so I created some using the height tool and MOO.

12_11_16_1_11_25_PM.png

Oh wow. Those bleachers are an amazing idea. Very cool.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    <3 this thread. Such creative ideas!
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    So many good ideas! I love this thread.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    @MrMonty96 I love the use of the Dine Out tables. I will probably steal that one!

Some great ideas here. Bookmarked so I can refer back to here when I'm decorating.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    So many great ideas!
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited December 2016
    I use MOO often, this is my sims gnome essence thingy with a conveyor belt (wish it really moved... XD). It is for the old salt house my husband rebuilt and named it Seaside Manufacturing ... I décor the inside ... he built, floors, walls, downstairs windows, some of the piping, and the outside ... I built the gnome essence thingy..lol

np2jw4.png
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited December 2016
    I mostly use it to add oodles of clutter

12-09-16_8-10-37PM.png
    12-09-16_8-37-25PM.png
    Like I have in my current kitchen (extra cupboards by Madhox at MTS, clutter by too many to remember)

But I'm currently building a shelving/desk/dresser area in the kids room.

12-11-16_7-49-00PM.png

After grabbing a room with usable bunkbeds by lisi_ja from the gallery and adding all my furniture etc, deleting the room furniture aside from the bunkbeds. I just cannot get them to work by building my own!

12-11-16_7-49-19PM.png
    12-11-16_7-50-35PM.png
  • Options
    Those lamps are great for making things. This is one of my favorite restaurants I have built.
    i2k5fd.png
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited December 2016
    I mostly use it to add oodles of clutter

12-09-16_8-10-37PM.png
    12-09-16_8-37-25PM.png
    Like I have in my current kitchen (extra cupboards by Madhox at MTS, clutter by too many to remember)

But I'm currently building a shelving/desk/dresser area in the kids room.

12-11-16_7-49-00PM.png

After grabbing a room with usable bunkbeds by lisi_ja from the gallery and adding all my furniture etc, deleting the room furniture aside from the bunkbeds. I just cannot get them to work by building my own!

12-11-16_7-49-19PM.png
    12-11-16_7-50-35PM.png

This is a great thread @Inna Minnit :)

@jeepjeepcat how did you get the bunk bed to work? :)
  • Options

@jeepjeepcat how did you get the bunk bed to work? :)

Ok, as I said in my post I could not for the life of me get it to work myself (I'm doing something wrong but haven't figured out what yet. The beds are saved from The spacious Family Starter by @lisi_ja . It's on the gallery I've looked it up to make sure I have the house name correct. I basically plonked it on a lot. Saved the room to my gallery after deleting all but the beds/ladder etc and then plonked it in my build. All I did was add the coolala? lights behind the headboards with moo and decorate the rest of the room keeping the beds the same and this didn't break anything. I'm going to continue trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong on a new save game tonight. Hopefully my brain isn't too fried (ill 3 year old) to work it out!

• Options
    Not to be such a fangirl, but #thesimsupply has a video on this.
  • Options
    For some reason I can't get an enlarged shelf under the top one and have it usable. I've managed this
    12-12-16_7-59-33nbspPM.png
    12-12-16_8-00-01nbspPM.png
    12-12-16_7-59-54nbspPM.png

but it's a small shelf moo'd under the end to close the gap and the bed is just floating (luckily it's a wooden base so it looks okay). I'm wondering if it's the choice of bed, I can get it working with the base game ones, I guess it's back to the drawing board (and another look at that video!).
  • Options
    You have to think of it likr the be is on the floor. Yo can block the foot and the head but you have to leave the middle section alone. So by using a shelf under it, you are blocking the sim from using it. You could elevate it with a counter or table under the foot and head, and it would be "useable." I think James aldo used a carpet and elevater it to look like flooring.