Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changes in navigating the forum - (resolved!)

ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
edited March 2017 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Hello, I have some feedback. I'm not happy that none of my links to sub threads work anymore. I stay in certain areas and don't want to have to go out to the whole forum to scroll down and find the few areas where I hang out.

Example: Before I could click on the Sims 3 and see all the areas and the latest threads. That is no longer possible. Now tonight I have noticed my link to the Sims 3 store area with it's four sections no longer works. I have to again go out to the whole forum and scroll down to the one bit that I'm looking for. This is clumsy and inefficient. That is my opinion.
Post edited by ZeeGee on

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited December 2016
    I think the forums are generally messy and quite disorganised really. The sims 4 section has it's own creative corner, with a lot section, sims and modeling section, and stories and legacies section, and creative corner general has all those sections too, in which sims 4 content is posted as well.
    TS2 section has those subforums too, but TS3 section doesn't. We have to post in CC general, and our builds and such often get lost in the sea of TS4 stuff, which is posted in there too, as well as its own sections.

Personally, I think it would suit the forum better to have an artistic section for each iteration, where people could post builds, stories and models / sims, rather than a general area which is a double up of TS4, and generally very messy and difficult to find anything specific because posts are not prefixed with a 2 3 or 4

It would probably be less disorganised to have

General
    • Rules
    • Announcements
    • Feedback
    • Off topic

Sims 4 Patch Notes
    1. Latest Patch Notes
    2. Latest News
    3. Community Blogs

Sims 4 Help Centre
    1. Tutorials
    2. Tech Discussion
    3. Mac Discussion
    4. Bugs and Issues

Sims 4
    1. General
    2. EP's
    3. GP's
    4. Ideas
    5. Feedback
    6. Rumour
    7. Sims 4 Creative corner + subs - modeling, building, stories
    8. Modding & CC + sub forums

Sims 3
    1. General
    2. Help + subforums
    3. Store + subforums
    4. EP's
    5. SP's
    6. Sims 3 Creative Corner + subs, including merging Create a World forum & CAP in here to streamline areas
    7. Sims 3 UK

Previous Sims Games
    1. TS General
    2. TS2 General
    3. TS2 Creative Corner + subforums
    4. Sims Medieval

Sims Freeplay
    1. Freeplay Social Corner
    2. Freeplay Updates

Just an idea, and re-arranges just a couple of subforums and categories into a way that seems to make a little more sense, as well as eliminating the general creative area that's seems mostly just a double up of TS4 stuff. To me at a glance, anyway :D

( games themselves in no real order - Freeplay is usually higher on the list, but I almost forgot it ! )
    Post edited by Pary on
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Pary Yes! That makes so much more sense. Also being able to navigate within the sub categories again along with the changes you mentioned would be so much better.
    Pary wrote: »
    The sims 4 section has it's own creative corner, with a lot section, sims and modeling section, and stories and legacies section, and creative corner general has all those sections too, in which sims 4 content is posted as well.
    TS2 section has those subforums too, but TS3 section doesn't. We have to post in CC general, and our builds and such often get lost in the sea of TS4 stuff, which is posted in there too, as well as its own sections.

^THIS. I did eventually find the Sims 3 creative section, about the time it was overtaken by pictures of other games. It makes no sense that it is stuck up there in general instead of being in the actual sims 3 section. I don't even go there anymore because I am only interested in Sims 3 pictures and don't want to have to wade through all the rest.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Hello, I have some feedback. I'm not happy that none of my links to sub threads work anymore. I stay in certain areas and don't want to have to go out to the whole forum to scroll down and find the few areas where I hang out.

Example: Before I could click on the Sims 3 and see all the areas and the latest threads. That is no longer possible. Now tonight I have noticed my link to the Sims 3 store area with it's four sections no longer works. I have to again go out to the whole forum and scroll down to the one bit that I'm looking for. This is clumsy and inefficient. That is my opinion.
    Hi, yeah I noticed they'd broken the forums last night.

Thought it might have something to do with changes to accounts to fix the ongoing, long-standing, problems with the TS3 Store ... but apparently not. :(

Apart from the retrograde step in making the sections non selectable (though they have been broken for a while, in that you couldn't navigate back up from a sub-section) there is something very odd going on with notifications.

My preferences are set to only notify on my own threads or when I'm explicitly quoted or mentioned but I seem to be getting notices now for any thread I've ever posted in! :rage:
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Hi, yeah I noticed they'd broken the forums last night.

Thought it might have something to do with changes to accounts to fix the ongoing, long-standing, problems with the TS3 Store ... but apparently not. :(

Apart from the retrograde step in making the sections non selectable (though they have been broken for a while, in that you couldn't navigate back up from a sub-section) there is something very odd going on with notifications.

My preferences are set to only notify on my own threads or when I'm explicitly quoted or mentioned but I seem to be getting notices now for any thread I've ever posted in! :rage:

@ajaxpost I have the opposite problem. I'm not getting notifications even when I'm tagged or mentioned. :(

@ajaxpost I have the opposite problem. I'm not getting notifications even when I'm tagged or mentioned. :(
    Actually, looking closer at what I'm getting ... you're sort of right! I am getting loads of notifications where I'm not mentioned but I did see your mention way down the list when I opened 'All notifications'. Maybe you have posted in so many active threads that your actual mention is just getting lost in the forest of unwanted notices?

Looks like they've royally messed it up ... again! :rage:
    Actually, looking closer at what I'm getting ... you're sort of right! I am getting loads of notifications where I'm not mentioned but I did see your mention way down the list when I opened 'All notifications'. Maybe you have posted in so many active threads that your actual mention is just getting lost in the forest of unwanted notices?

I'm going to go back and check my notifications but I don't think it's in there. I don't get a lot of notifications cause I don't have it checked to get notified if it's a thread I've commented in, only one that I've started or am following. So that part is working right for me, but you must be hammered with notifications if that's working wrong for you! And of course if I'm tagged or mentioned I'm supposed to be notified, but those are the ones that I don't usually get. :(

I'm going to go back and check my notifications but I don't think it's in there. I don't get a lot of notifications cause I don't have it checked to get notified if it's a thread I've commented in, only one that I've started or am following. So that part is working right for me, but you must be hammered with notifications if that's working wrong for you! And of course if I'm tagged or mentioned I'm supposed to be notified, but those are the ones that I don't usually get. :(
    It really is very odd, the notification number is (more or less) correct but when I click it the list of notifications seems to be pretty much every thread I've commented on that is still active and the one it wants to tell me about is way down that list. Thankfully, as far as I can tell, it doesn't pop-up the little window when these faux notifications are added.

Like you, I guess, I only have notifications enabled for threads I have started or where I am explicitly mentioned in the post so I never used to see these other ones at all, and don't want them listed now. :angry:
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I can't even click on the subsections for The Sims 3 Store. I have to go to my old notifications to get into Gift Gathering.

@SimGuruDrake - can you look into this please?
    It really is very odd, the notification number is (more or less) correct but when I click it the list of notifications seems to be pretty much every thread I've commented on that is still active and the one it wants to tell me about is way down that list.

That would drive me INSANE.
    aricarai wrote: »
    I can't even click on the subsections for The Sims 3 Store. I have to go to my old notifications to get into Gift Gathering.

@aricarai What an annoying problem. I can at least still click on the subsections for the subforums. It is just a pain cause it takes so much longer to get there. And you can't just see the latest topics at a glance. I really hope this gets fixed.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @SimGuruDrake - I can't get into the Create a World nor the Create a Patterns once in the Sims 3 Tool section-- while using my Android Tablet. :(
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    It really is very odd, the notification number is (more or less) correct but when I click it the list of notifications seems to be pretty much every thread I've commented on that is still active and the one it wants to tell me about is way down that list.

That would drive me INSANE.

@aricarai What an annoying problem. I can at least still click on the subsections for the subforums. It is just a pain cause it takes so much longer to get there. And you can't just see the latest topics at a glance. I really hope this gets fixed.

I'm having the same issues as @Rflong7 - it's on my phone that I can't get into the subsections.
    I'm having the same issues as @Rflong7 - it's on my phone that I can't get into the subsections.
    Yep, me too. I can see the sub-sections (child categories) when browsing on my PC but from my Smart Phone all I see are the main 'parent' section headings and there's no way to see the subsections! :rage:

Is @SimGuruDrake able to help at all? Anyone? :anguished:
    Well we got partially what we wanted! Still no way to stay completely within Sims 3.
    Yay, routing has been fixed! You can navigate backwards and stay in the same section without having to go back to the whole main forum and scroll down. Thank you to whoever fixed this!