Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 CHALLENGE LIST (Updated May 24, 2021)

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    So you need some story driven challenge ideas to throw at them. Well in the exploration section here there is a Scavanger hunt one for photography that I've been eyeing to have my ISBI legacy sim do. It only has the one location that I can see. But you could always take a look around and make some up for other neighborhoods and made it a contest for your sims. They have a week to get as many of the pictures as they can, and they win some simoleons for each thing they manage to check off the list. And they have to actually go to the location to take the picture.
    Just an idea. ^-^
  • alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    edited January 2018
    Post edited by alwaysimmingg on
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    It is a scored Legacy, but I'm also posting regular chapter updates that are story-based and I myself get bored just with the daily routine of my Sims.

I know the feeling all too well. Probably the biggest reason I haven't been back to my scored legacy in months. There was nothing to screenshot and it was sooo boring! Good luck. There's a huge thread somewhere for things to do on Sims when you're bored. The photography challenge idea sounds fun. Once I have teens I can usually make things interesting having them go out and stuff. Or when they're children I'll have them have clubs. There are even toddler playdates now. I do a lot of parties too. I know these aren't challenges of course but they are ways I break up the monotony and it gives me something to screenshot. Good luck!
    @alwayssimmingg; that's pretty awesome challenge! My 100 baby challenge is currently at around 17 in gen one still xD maybe I should switch it over.
  • bad1788bad1788 Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hey! I just made a new challenge called the double life legacy challenge!

This legacy focuses on a seemingly ideal family life sim, our founder who desires to be the best parent out there. However, like any good story our founder harbor a secret which leads to some great game play & drama. In this legacy our family focused founder sets out to find love and build a family, they can have any traits chosen by the player but they must join the secret agent career.

As their job & the legacy title implies our founders will live double lives both inside & outside of the city. The story goes that our well meaning founder found love both at home & away on a mission. Now they are left with two lovely spouses and two separate budding families. The goal is to successfully raise both families into prosperous legacies without having your secret exposed.

Sims will be require to craft themselves two different lives in different worlds and tackle the generational challenges. Unlike a traditional legacy players are able (and required) to switch between their households & playable lots.

[url="http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933733/the-double-life-legacy-rules-variations-google-doc-blog-link/p1?new=1"]Thread Link to Rules[/url]
    [url="https://doublelifelegacy.blogspot.ca/"]Double Life Legacy Blog[/url]
    [url="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S2I5H1JjFlKbAfepRzwTkOyRphb9MCB0GvyO4LWsQNg/edit?usp=sharing"]Google Doc[/url]

ETA: Ability to add links, so here are the links to the rules on the forum, the blog and a google doc. :)
    Post edited by bad1788 on
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Since I can't exactly search for what I'm looking for (as they seem to be spread out) what are some of y'alls favorite challenge that you can incorporate within Legacy challenges? By that I mean ones that don't require you to move out of the Legacy House or do anything that would break standard Legacy rules?

You could try using the Random Legacy Challenge rolls and give your generation a set of parameters to meet. There's a roller here: http://simsroller.com/ and if you go to the "about" section there's a link back to the main Random Legacy challenge page. Even if you didn't want to incorporate all the rolls, there's a lot of good ideas in the "generation goal" and "miscellaneous fun" categories that might appeal.
  • alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    @alwayssimmingg; that's pretty awesome challenge! My 100 baby challenge is currently at around 17 in gen one still xD maybe I should switch it over.

i highly recommend doing just that!
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
    oh man that double life challenge sounds fun to. But you would need a cheat for it for multiple spouses wouldn't you?
    > @Rainydayz179 said:
    > matthewrodney wrote: »
    >
    > It is a scored Legacy, but I'm also posting regular chapter updates that are story-based and I myself get bored just with the daily routine of my Sims.
    >
    >
    > I know the feeling all too well. Probably the biggest reason I haven't been back to my scored legacy in months. There was nothing to screenshot and it was sooo boring! Good luck. There's a huge thread somewhere for things to do on Sims when you're bored. The photography challenge idea sounds fun. Once I have teens I can usually make things interesting having them go out and stuff. Or when they're children I'll have them have clubs. There are even toddler playdates now. I do a lot of parties too. I know these aren't challenges of course but they are ways I break up the monotony and it gives me something to screenshot. Good luck!

I know what you mean, I currently have 2 abandoned legacy families, one 100 baby challenge family, and a black widow sitting around. I seem to have the most fun starting off new legacies or challenges and as they get closer to completion I tend to loose interest? I think the furthest I have gotten is Gen 3/4. I always like to switch between families or get my relatives settled in with spouses/jobs/kids. I am working now on play testing a drama filled 5 gen legacy challenge so I will try and report back on how that goes and maybe tweak some of the rules as I go.
    > @Shadami said:
    > oh man that double life challenge sounds fun to. But you would need a cheat for it for multiple spouses wouldn't you?

Yah, upon reflection you would need a mod to allow for multiple spouses. So in my current play thru I am dating both mothers and plan to marry one with a formal wedding. My city wife I guess will have to be a live in GF, but I am thinking about editing the rules to maybe host a dinner party or a house party as a symbolic wedding for the purpose of story telling/screenies?
    edited January 2018
    I was able to post the new challenge thread for Double Life Legacy Challenge. This is a shortened legacy challenge only 5 generations but should provide some great opportunities for drama and fun game play.
    Thread Link to Rules
    Double Life Legacy Blog
    Google Doc
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    I created a challenge called the Big Family, Little House challenge. It focuses on having 8 sims living in a starter home. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/932729/big-family-little-house-challenge
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • AlyRay96AlyRay96 Posts: 65 Member
    So I really want to create a challenge where you basically have to lead a mafia “family”. Do you guys think it sounds good? If so I would like to run some of the rules by everyone and test it out a bit. I think it would be a really fun and challenging idea.
    “Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever you were going to do anyway.“
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    AlyRay96 wrote: »
    So I really want to create a challenge where you basically have to lead a mafia “family”. Do you guys think it sounds good? If so I would like to run some of the rules by everyone and test it out a bit. I think it would be a really fun and challenging idea.

That sounds like a great idea!
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • RedbeardRedbeard Posts: 3 New Member
    > @AlyRay96 said:
    > So I really want to create a challenge where you basically have to lead a mafia “family”. Do you guys think it sounds good? If so I would like to run some of the rules by everyone and test it out a bit. I think it would be a really fun and challenging idea.
    >

I would be interested in seeing something about this.
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Hello! Just checking in. This time of year is crazy busy for me, so will update ASAP :)
  • ThisLittleSimmerThisLittleSimmer Posts: 9 New Member
    Well, I was playing with my sims and I thought it would be fun to do this:
    Rule 1. You must have a toddler, Child, Teen, Mom, and Dad made is CAS.
    Rule 2. The mom must be have the lazy trait, and the teenager has to have the big happy family aspiration.
    Rule 3. The Teenager Takes care Of the Toddler and Child, with little to no help from the mom.
    Rule 4. The Dad Must Have a Job that takes up most of his time, and when he is not at work, he is out doing who knows what else.
    Rule 5. No Other Family Members Until the Teenager Moves Out and takes on the next Generation.

Note: I am perfectly Fine With Anybody Adjusting the rules, But please don't claim this Challenge as your own. Other traits can be custom.
  • nyghtlyterrornyghtlyterror Posts: 2 New Member
    > @EuphorialQueen said:
    > nyghtlyterror wrote: »
    >
    > new home,new rules.
    > (i cannot provide a link so i will just list the challenge rules)
    > RULES:it must be a female sim.no cheats exept for build and buy cheats,and freerealestate.must have a basic shack but no better house.
    > RECOMMENDATIONS:have all expansions.
    > STORY:you just got an offer for a new house,you gave him your house and all your stuff and you got it for free. unfortunately it is just a basic shack.you want to make it a grand palace.
    >
    >
    >
    > @nyghtlyterror Hmmm Not sure I understand the goals for this challenge.
    > Where is the full challenge? You could post a 'broken' link. Just change the first part from http to h.tt.p or something like that.

i made the challenge myself. and the goals, are to be awesome. it's meant to be a start to a sort of legacy challenge.
  • CelesteDreamer21CelesteDreamer21 Posts: 41 Member
    Cool I like this
    I love challenges
    Hello
  • leanna126leanna126 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have an idea for a new challenge but I am not sure how to flesh it all out with rules/guidelines. In essence, I am a social worker in real life and I love the idea of empowering others. My challenge would encompass someone choosing traits that fit the stereotype of the person they are or stereotypes they are aware of about others (weight, age, race, religion, etc.) and 'rise above it' in game by accomplishing aspirations that go against what their traits are. I'm not sure if this is flaming or anything. For example, my character is based off of me: a Jewish woman. Her stereotypical traits are Matieralistic, Snob and Family-Oriented. However, her aspiration is Party Animal. Kind of like the Asylum challenge where you make aspiration strides inspite of your "insaneness". Help?
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    HOW TO SUBMIT A CHALLENGE
    1. To submit a challenge to be added to the list, please include the challenge name and a working link for full challenge rules.
    2. Challenges submitted MUST have their own forum thread or blog/website post for rules. Any challenges posted with rules within this thread will NOT be added to the list.
    3. Read below for tips on creating a new challenge.
    4. Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Here are some excellent tips when creating a new challenge, written by @EuphorialQueen:

When I am reading thru a new challenge suggestion I look for a few key items:
    What is the story behind the challenge?
    Tell me something to make me interested in reading more about the challenge.
    Is it based on another existing challenge?
    Is it a complete challenge with a beginning, middle and end?
    How do I start, how do I play and what is the ultimate goal or how do I 'win'?
    Do the rules or guidelines seem reasonable and can goals set by the challenge actually be achieved?
    Has the person posting the challenge play tested it?
    By posting a challenge on a blog or in the forums it is much easier to discuss and ask questions.
    When updating a challenge or change the guidelines just edit the thread where it is posted.
    Starting too many threads on the same challenge or subject only adds to confusion and leads to information being lost.

These are only suggestions and offer a view of how I - as one person - review challenges.
    Thank you for your time.

Reminder: Use spell check and complete words to make reading your post more pleasant and easier to understand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top