Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

paintings at art gallery

My sim has an art club that takes place at the art gallery. One of the activities is to paint. There are paintings on the easel and the only way to get rid of them is to purchase. No "scrap painting" option? How do i get rid of them?

Comments

• FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Can't you just move them off by going into build mode? You could stick them on the walls if you wanted.

I normally get my sims to just sell them or destroy them if they are not complete but my game is modded so not sure if this works normally or not.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    Figwit wrote: »
    Can't you just move them off by going into build mode? You could stick them on the walls if you wanted.

I normally get my sims to just sell them or destroy them if they are not complete but my game is modded so not sure if this works normally or not.

I can't move them. They are in the art gallery. I can only purchase or admire
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    You should be able to go into build/buy mode and delete them.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I find it best to have a painting club gathering somewhere else than museum or art centre because sims will be painting in those locales anyway and there will be so many paintings. Maybe a park or cafe?
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    How about entering the testing cheats umm... cheat, and shift clicking them to bring up the delete/destroy option?
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    How about entering the testing cheats umm... cheat, and shift clicking them to bring up the delete/destroy option?

I should of thought of that. I've done that so many times before too. lol. Thanks!
  • chichinghuichichinghui Posts: 267 Member
    My suggestion will be. Maybe take your Sims back home first, then go to manage World and click on the art gallery lot and remove the painting out of the easel that way. Then went back to your sims and have another event for your art club again.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    My sim has an art club that takes place at the art gallery. One of the activities is to paint. There are paintings on the easel and the only way to get rid of them is to purchase. No "scrap painting" option? How do i get rid of them?

One thing you could do is make it possible to hold art club in your house lot, since finished paintings there are always possible to sell, while unfinished one will still present a problem that require to go into build mode to get rid of them. Alternatively i guess you could get kleptomaniac and just steal the paintings, but not sure how well this ability works in public have not used it that much myself.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    My suggestion will be. Maybe take your Sims back home first, then go to manage World and click on the art gallery lot and remove the painting out of the easel that way. Then went back to your sims and have another event for your art club again.

I have the same problem with my game. When I delete the paintings, the NPC's paint new paintings before my Sims can paint a painting. I gave up and do my clubs/painting on my home lot.

• DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »

I have the same problem with my game. When I delete the paintings, the NPC's paint new paintings before my Sims can paint a painting. I gave up and do my clubs/painting on my home lot.

You could get the portable essel mod http://modthesims.info/d/557570 then you can carry one your own to gallery, might help you get to use it before any npc takes and use it. Plus it's really nice to have if you like to paint from reference as it lets to paint more and different locations you like everywhere.